College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Cats suddenly with a little energy.
Got some confidence. I just turned the game on to see that insane layup by NW and then the technical which I don't know what happened there. Now its 1 point and the mandatory commercial.

Butler/Xavier in OT. Fun game.
What a boneheaded play by Paul Skruggs (Xavier's best player) at the end of regulation,,,,he was a the FT line with a chance to go up 3. Coach tells them to foul if he makes it to go up 3......he misses and still intentionally fouls a guy (his 5th) to put the Butler kid at the line. He makes both and Butler wins in OT.

Nebraska's got that tall dude #25 that's flashed open in the lane a couple different times undefended in the last minute or two and the ball handler doesn't even look at him.

What a boneheaded play by Paul Skruggs (Xavier's best player) at the end of regulation,,,,he was a the FT line with a chance to go up 3. Coach tells them to foul if he makes it to go up 3......he misses and still intentionally fouls a guy (his 5th) to put the Butler kid at the line. He makes both and Butler wins in OT.
I missed that. Yeah that sounds not very smartish.

Looks like they both tried to lose it. braska just put more effort into it.

Nebraska fans were talking shit about not being last place (despite having the least number of conference wins) after we lost to Northwestern the other day. Slightly gratifying to see them lose. Did you know Fred Hoiberg and Scott Frost both had exactly 9 conference wins at the end of their third years?

No wasn't sarcasm (I try to avoid that). This is my exact point. . .that it was a great hire for Wright State, and cannot understand how he didn't have a better option with the success he had. Of course I know how long he was at SDSU, etc. Nothing against Wright State, and that may be where he wanted to be. But if location/family or similar wasn't a major factor, I thought a path similar to others to MWC-level school could have been an option. That's it. Nothing more intended other than to say he did a great job at SDSU and moved on to a league (Horizon) not dissimilar to the one he left (Summit).

Nagy is a good coach but things weren't always rosy for him behind the scenes at SDSU. He was nudged out there in favor of Otzelberger, which is the reason for the lateral move. Bigger schools haven't been interested, plus he's now in his mid 50s. The Summit/Horizon is the right level for him.

UVa and Louisville in a 39-39 barn burner. Under 6:00 left.

Nagy is a good coach but things weren't always rosy for him behind the scenes at SDSU. He was nudged out there in favor of Otzelberger, which is the reason for the lateral move. Bigger schools haven't been interested, plus he's now in his mid 50s. The Summit/Horizon is the right level for him.
Wasn’t aware of the behind the scenes stuff. He did get a nice raise going to Wright State. Can’t recall exactly what he was paid at SDSU, but I think the $500k per year he’s getting at Wright State is around double what he was making at SDSU.

Wasn’t aware of the behind the scenes stuff. He did get a nice raise going to Wright State. Can’t recall exactly what he was paid at SDSU, but I think the $500k per year he’s getting at Wright State is around double what he was making at SDSU.

Salary was definitely a part of it. And there wasn't anything bad behind the scenes, but after 21 years there, plus hiring a new AD in '09, the two sides drifted apart.

Their choice was give Nagy a significant bump, or go with the younger up and coming Otzelberger, and they chose the latter.

I was going to say. Horizon/MAC might feel like a lateral move from the Summit, but those schools tend to at least pay better.

Several of current and former Horizon members started out in the Summit or its precursor the Mid-Continent.

Hoosiers are going to end up on the outside looking in if they don't turn this thing around.

Major comeback. Down by as many as 17 in the second half. Now leading by five with a little over two minutes remaining.

Indiana is going to come back and win just like Northwestern came back against Nebraska. Good B1G tourney so far

Howard is obviously a hell of a recruiter but if teams take on the personality of their coach you can see why Michigan doesn’t play with much poise.

A mediocre Syracuse without Sugar Ray Boeheim giving Duke all it can handle. Coach K’s last Duke team seems a little soft to me.

To be fair, these mediocre Syracuse teams make a run nearly every year. I'm actually more surprised they lost.

Providence barley beats Butler. Providence ranked pretty high compared to their NET and kenpom numbers

Top Bottom