College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

And if they’re not, why are they playing in the tournament?
100%

Absolutely stupid by the ASUN to allow an ineligible team to even play in the tournament in the first place.

Final should've been JU vs JSU to actually determine on the court who would get the bid.

I have watched very few minutes of Pac-12 this year, mainly because there's always some games on earlier and I get basketballed out by the time it's on. But damn that Arizona squad is just loaded with international players! 6 out of the top 8. Was it a combination of Sean Miller and Tommy Lloyd?

I have watched very few minutes of Pac-12 this year, mainly because there's always some games on earlier and I get basketballed out by the time it's on. But damn that Arizona squad is just loaded with international players! 6 out of the top 8. Was it a combination of Sean Miller and Tommy Lloyd?
Some strong ass offers?

Colgate vs Navy for Patriot title tonight at 630pm on CBS SN (cable channel).

After that, a bunch of titles on the 12th and a handful more on the 13th.

247 profile shows "only" 6-8: https://247sports.com/player/grant-nelson-46086775/

Devils Lake is not a tiny town, probably about like Fergus?

Wonder if he never played club bball and people outside of ND just had never heard of this kid?
He really looks like a nice player. He's got the knack for getting the ball in the basket. Real nice combo of physicality and skill.

When I replied to Holy Man in that other thread that good inside players are out there for the finding, I'm thinking of guys like him. You see players like that from the upper Midwest slip through the cracks and end up making a difference somewhere; the challenge is to find them.

Is this sarcasm? More patient? He was there 21 years. 12 at D1. Dominated his last 5 in the Summit. 3 NCAA bids in his final 5 seasons there. That was a steal of a hire for Wright State.
No wasn't sarcasm (I try to avoid that). This is my exact point. . .that it was a great hire for Wright State, and cannot understand how he didn't have a better option with the success he had. Of course I know how long he was at SDSU, etc. Nothing against Wright State, and that may be where he wanted to be. But if location/family or similar wasn't a major factor, I thought a path similar to others to MWC-level school could have been an option. That's it. Nothing more intended other than to say he did a great job at SDSU and moved on to a league (Horizon) not dissimilar to the one he left (Summit).

247 profile shows "only" 6-8: https://247sports.com/player/grant-nelson-46086775/

Devils Lake is not a tiny town, probably about like Fergus?

Wonder if he never played club bball and people outside of ND just had never heard of this kid?
NDSU really something. They obviously develop football players. Seems like they're doing the same in basketball at least to some extent. I had not seen them this year until last night, and thought they showed pretty well.

How F'ing stupid is it that Jacksonville State gets to go to the dance .... for losing the semi-final????

Why shouldn't Jacksonville get to go for making the final???

Stupid

I think this is getting lost because people don't even realize that this conference contains two completely separate schools named Jacksonville and Jacksonville State. The former made the final, then lost to a team that is ineligible, the latter won the regular season but lost the tournament semi-final.

Jacksonville gets to go for one reason....and one reason only. Good loss to the Gophers. All the other rules that allowed it are simply window dressing.

Jacksonville gets to go for one reason....and one reason only. Good loss to the Gophers. All the other rules that allowed it are simply window dressing.
Except they don't get to go. Jacksonville State gets to go. :(

I mean, the Gophers were bad the other night, but Northwestern was also very good. Right now they're dismal, missing all kinds of shots and flat as hell.

I mean, the Gophers were bad the other night, but Northwestern was also very good. Right now they're dismal, missing all kinds of shots and flat as hell.
If the media treats Nebraska basketball the way it treats Nebraska football, the Huskers will be in the preseason top 25 and favored to win the B1G next year...

Top Bottom