College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Both Summit semis ended up being duds. SDSU won by 23 and NDSU won by 20. I didn't watch either as I don't have ESPN+.

Final tonight at 8pm on ESPN2. Will tune in for that, hope it's a good one!

How many conference tournaments in Vegas? WCC and MWC for sure. Nice setting for the fans.
They run them back to back including pac12 coming up. It is for sure college hoops junkie playground
WAC tourny starts there tonight as well.

Seattle U is the #2 seed and has a good team this year for the first time since ... returning to DI?? (2012)

Last edited:

Both Summit semis ended up being duds. SDSU won by 23 and NDSU won by 20. I didn't watch either as I don't have ESPN+.

Final tonight at 8pm on ESPN2. Will tune in for that, hope it's a good one!
Been out to Brookings for a couple games this year. Jackrabbits can really score although defense is optional. I think they could really surprise a higher seed in the tournament if they can get by NDSU.

Certainly could have. We've seen it happen other times. But one of the refs would have had to have been paying attention to it rather than the play. And they would have had to be QUICKLY willing to make a VERY bold call which would have decided which team goes to the NCAA Tournament. All in all....I think it would have been a rash move to punish the team on something like that.
Agreed; it didn't affect the play.

I'm buying stock in Chattanooga. They have a little fairy dust going on.

Been out to Brookings for a couple games this year. Jackrabbits can really score although defense is optional. I think they could really surprise a higher seed in the tournament if they can get by NDSU.
SDSU will be an interesting case. They're essentially ranked 27 in the AP poll, suggesting they could get as high as a 7 seed. Although I like them, 27th is quite a bit overrated in my view.

Anyone watching the Wagner/Bryant fiasco? Bryant up by a million and the crowd of course talks shit. Wagner player(s) go into the bleachers, and I have no idea what they're doing now. 4:37 left 36 point difference. Maybe call the game?

Shit, you beat me to it.
I think they have to actually delay removing the entire Bryant fan base as they want rhe Wagner fans to get in their cars and out of there…..so they are purposely delaying things a bit to let things calm down.

Grant Nelson NDSU Freshman looks like a talented guy….6’11”. Will be interesting watching him next 3 years….
I don't watch much NDSU but he showed promise.

Solid coach maybe desrves most credit for raising SDSU. I always thought he could have made a better move had he been more patient……
Is this sarcasm? More patient? He was there 21 years. 12 at D1. Dominated his last 5 in the Summit. 3 NCAA bids in his final 5 seasons there. That was a steal of a hire for Wright State.

Will never understand why teams moving up aren’t eligible right away.

How F'ing stupid is it that Jacksonville State gets to go to the dance .... for losing the semi-final????

Why shouldn't Jacksonville get to go for making the final???

Stupid

I think this is getting lost because people don't even realize that this conference contains two completely separate schools named Jacksonville and Jacksonville State. The former made the final, then lost to a team that is ineligible, the latter won the regular season but lost the tournament semi-final.

Last edited:

AGREE....what the heck is the purpose of the 4 year transition???? If they can win right away, more power to them.....
I believe the idea is that DII schools are allowed to take players who would not qualify under minimum DI academic standards. Therefore, the transition period (actually 5 years ... they get 1 exploratory year where they're still in DII and can decide to back out of the move up, then 4 transition years on probation) is to get any such players out of the dept.

Last edited:

Top Bottom