Coach Fleck’s New Look

His formerly baggy lower lids (he’s had them since his introductory presser) are gone. His upper lid skin was shortened. Looks like he went to the same guy Kenny Rogers did...just way overdone. He’s still a handsome guy, but I’m not sure why he felt the need to do it?
Which is why I wonder if there was a medical or non-cosmetic reason. Like maybe his vision has gotten worse and he needed his eyes to opened up more to compensate?

Like do you need to not wear contacts after a cosmetic eye lift? We saw him wearing glasses which he almost never does, which would lead me to suspect something else needed to heal?

Knowing Twin Cities local media, some one will says or ask Fleck something. 😆

But we won’t hear the question…
It is really disappointing in an era where so much content is viewed on things like youtube and other places that teams have not figured out how to set things up in a way where the questions are audible.

Some teams are good at it but many still haven't mastered this process so you are often left guessing what the question was or waiting until someone writes up some sort of transcript of the interview.

This was my comment on the other thread…..

I was just told he had eye surgery. His eyes were removed and something done behind them, then put the eyes back. I can’t make this up. Never heard of that before.
You can’t remove your eyes- you can manipulate them and work around them but they need to stay attached to the arteries and nerves that perfuse and innervate them!

And they said that Fleck told them? I wonder if it's just a rumor or Fleck joking around. All references to "Eye removal" I can find on Google are permanent removal....I think it was just an eye lift, though no idea if it was purely cosmetic or if her was having issues seeing with the droop?
Sounds right. His top lids were definitely sagging and he was developing some serious bags underneath. Also think he's leaned out his body as well.

The harsh lighting at the most recent press conference wasn't the greatest. That said, there is definitely a change of some kind around his eyes. Whether it was something medical or cosmetic, who knows, but he does look different.
Maybe he insists on them always using a soft filter on the camera with him...like they had for Cinnamon Carter in Mission Impossible.

You can’t remove your eyes- you can manipulate them and work around them but they need to stay attached to the arteries and nerves that perfuse and innervate them!
Not true. I had my eyes removed, spray painted and reinstalled. Took about an hour.

His formerly baggy lower lids (he’s had them since his introductory presser) are gone. His upper lid skin was shortened. Looks like he went to the same guy Kenny Rogers did...just way overdone. He’s still a handsome guy, but I’m not sure why he felt the need to do it?
I concur. I suppose it's just a shock to us all to see such an abrupt change. Perhaps someone who hadn't really seen him before wouldn't think much of it and think he looks good.

Maybe he thought that as the head salesman and "face of" Gopher football, he needed to do it? Or maybe he thought a big selling point in his was a "youthful, high energy appearance"? Or maybe it was vanity mixed in there.

Looking at pressers from last year and before ... I just didn't think his eye bags and drooping upper lids were that big of a deal.

Isn't it possible in trauma/accidents that people have had their eye(s) come out of the socket, while still attached to the nerve/vessels, and then had them "stuffed back in"?

Perhaps that is what was meant, temporarily removed from the sockets.

I concur. I suppose it's just a shock to us all to see such an abrupt change. Perhaps someone who hadn't really seen him before wouldn't think much of it and think he looks good.

Maybe he thought that as the head salesman and "face of" Gopher football, he needed to do it? Or maybe he thought a big selling point in his was a "youthful, high energy appearance"? Or maybe it was vanity mixed in there.

Looking at pressers from last year and before ... I just didn't think his eye bags and drooping upper lids were that big of a deal.

Watching the news I was struck by PJF v1.0 resemblance to late model Bruce Willis who also has the eye bags and Eastwood lids.

Knowing Twin Cities local media, some one will says or ask Fleck something. 😆
In their defense, if you show up to a press conference with a new face, I mean, someone might ask.

They either accidentally made the robot's eyes a little big or he had the eyelid surgery. Either way it's really weird.

I showed both videos to my wife. She's a facial reconstruction surgeon. Without putting any preconceived ideas into her brain, she said it looks like he has had an upper blepharoplasty. She said it's "when someone has a droopy eyelid, you take out a bit of eyelid."

I showed both videos to my wife. She's a facial reconstruction surgeon. Without putting any preconceived ideas into her brain, she said it looks like he has had an upper blepharoplasty. She said it's "when someone has a droopy eyelid, you take out a bit of eyelid."
Could you ask her if there's still any possibility he's been turned into a cyborg?

I just don't get the upper lids part. Sorry coach, but I think you got sold on it by the surgeon. They looked fine before.

You could've just fixed your lower bags, and got most of the benefit.

It's just such a big change. Oh well. We'll get used to it.

He looks ridiculous.

I really hope this was a medical necessity, not a decision driven by vanity or aging.

He looks ridiculous.

I really hope this was a medical necessity, not a decision driven by vanity or aging.

Maybe a bit hyperbolic here? "Ridiculous"??

Ever think maybe you're obsessing over it? Pretty sure any average person wouldn't walk into a room and say "that guy looks ridiculous".

It's not like he is Lisa Rinna or some other Real Housewife.

Top Bottom