Christie going pro?

He really needs another year. He’s not NBA ready right now.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but this feels like a needlessly snotty comment about a college athlete, one who is really having a great season.
You are correct, Reusse couldn't be more unprofessional, immature, and incompetent--complete troll. Considering Cam's brother had a significantly worse freshman year and managed to get drafted early 2nd round and play for the Lakers both of his first two seasons, it's a real possibly Cam could go pro this year. I think he would be a late first round pick for the reasons just listed. Cam fits the exact mold of an NBA sg and already plays an NBA-style game. If he's not gone this year, he's gone the next. Gonna be so sad to see him leave, but at least it would be for a great reason!

He sure looks like an NBA player, and the NBA drafts on potential and not so much college output. He will get evaluated and a good chance he is gone, i'm willing to bet he will be. Better college season and more NBA ready than Brandon Boston Jr was, a good comparision for him.

You are correct, Reusse couldn't be more unprofessional, immature, and incompetent--complete troll. Considering Cam's brother had a significantly worse freshman year and managed to get drafted early 2nd round and play for the Lakers both of his first two seasons, it's a real possibly Cam could go pro this year. I think he would be a late first round pick for the reasons just listed. Cam fits the exact mold of an NBA sg and already plays an NBA-style game. If he's not gone this year, he's gone the next. Gonna be so sad to see him leave, but at least it would be for a great reason!
Fleck is staying and CBJ will be back next season. Time to create another story with negative Gopher spin to fuel his hatred for the U.

If the NBA deems him worthy and he earns a guaranteed FRP contract, that's a success story for Cam, Ben and the program. Selfishly, I hope he stays at least another year.

He would have a great college experience if he stays a season and improved his draft position. I don't know this subject well but makes sense.

What would help his long-term value for a long career? Pro scouts do say another year helps certain players improve their draft position. We see that all the time.

I really don't know. I'm reading what others say. Just saying a Tournament next season would be a nice memory.

Anyone seen Bronny James play? Can someone compare him to Christie?
I’ve only seen him play HS and now post traumatic offseason (like everyone else) but Bronny doesn’t really do anything as welll as Christie. Christie is longer, better ball handler, has a more natural feel for the game, much better shooter and even better finishing.

Bronny might be a better athlete and he has a good frame.

The truth is, right now, Christie is a legit NBA prospect and Bronny is just an average college freshman (probably closer to Jaden Henley than Christie). I’m not trying to rip on Bronny, he went through a lot this offseason and he likely has untapped potential.

Anyone seen Bronny James play? Can someone compare him to Christie?
Not really the answer you’re looking for, but in an article about Bronny going pro they did discuss that the 2024 draft class is weaker in comparison than 2025. Could be just as important in his decision.

He sure looks like an NBA player, and the NBA drafts on potential and not so much college output. He will get evaluated and a good chance he is gone, i'm willing to bet he will be. Better college season and more NBA ready than Brandon Boston Jr was, a good comparision for him.
I like the Boston comparison except for 1 thing, Christie’s production/numbers are really good.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but this feels like a needlessly snotty comment about a college athlete, one who is really having a great season.
It’s such an odd rip too. If the guy is good enough get drafted in the middle of the first, he’ll make millions while bouncing between the NBA and G League (if you agree he isn’t day 1 ready). This is incredibly common for guys who have turned into really good NBA players with massive second contracfs. It isn’t a bad path.

The list of really good NBA players who played some G League their first couple seasons is massive.

So again Reusse isn’t just needlessly sh!tty, he’s too dumb to even know when to be properly sh!tty.

Now this may be me hoping and wishing he stays, but I do not understand where this is all coming from. The sites I look at it he is not even mentioned this year. Looked at 4 today again. He is having a nice season but I have not came across on ay of the mock drafts I have looked at. Do I think long term he is an NBA player, yes. But this year? Not so sure his handles are not there yet. Has anyone came across him named as a top 100 player let alone a first round pick?

It’s such an odd rip too. If the guy is good enough get drafted in the middle of the first, he’ll make millions while bouncing between the NBA and G League (if you agree he isn’t day 1 ready). This is incredibly common for guys who have turned into really good NBA players with massive second contracfs. It isn’t a bad path.

The list of really good NBA players who played some G League their first couple seasons is massive.

So again Reusse isn’t just needlessly sh!tty, he’s too dumb to even know when to be properly sh!tty.
A first round pick is a major stretch IMO.

Reusse is a jerk.

This is what jerks do. Be happy you just have to read him instead of being him.

Pat is a D-Bag and probably felt he hadn't pissed off enough people recently so decided to take a shot at a college kid that frankly doesn't deserve it. Only way Pat has left to stay in the spotlight at this point is his negativity and ability to tick people off, without it nobody would pay any attention to him.

As for Christie, I'm sure he will get evaluated after the season and he may elect to go pro. Hopefully he decides in the end that it is in his best interests to play at least one more year of college ball and keep working on his game and improving his stock. But if he feels it is time to go pro then so be it, hopefully it will work out for him and he will have a long successful career.

Maybe Reusse is a Gopher fan and is attempting to goad Christie into staying another year! I kid, I kid! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’ve only seen him play HS and now post traumatic offseason (like everyone else) but Bronny doesn’t really do anything as welll as Christie. Christie is longer, better ball handler, has a more natural feel for the game, much better shooter and even better finishing.

Bronny might be a better athlete and he has a good frame.

The truth is, right now, Christie is a legit NBA prospect and Bronny is just an average college freshman (probably closer to Jaden Henley than Christie). I’m not trying to rip on Bronny, he went through a lot this offseason and he likely has untapped potential.
Bronny can't shoot!!

A first round pick is a major stretch IMO.
This could be true and then the entire conversation is moot. I was only replying to the idea that it would somehow be a bad choice for a basketball player to go to the NBA if they are just going to spend time in the G League. Christie isn't going to leave if he is being graded out as a 2nd Round Pick.

As to your point, yeah, it's hard to evaluate where NBA prospects will end up at this point (especially for those people who have had drastic rises in stock). Christie has the physical profile to play in the NBA (long, can play some at the point, and can shoot enough to play the 2) and he has had a really good season. Statistically, he is similar or slightly better than guys like Grady Dick, Jett Howard, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and Dariq Whitehead.

Generally, I do think you're right. I think he could probably use a splashy SO season to put him firmly in the 1st round, but it wouldn't shock me if you started to see mocks with his name inching upwards.

This could be true and then the entire conversation is moot. I was only replying to the idea that it would somehow be a bad choice for a basketball player to go to the NBA if they are just going to spend time in the G League. Christie isn't going to leave if he is being graded out as a 2nd Round Pick.

As to your point, yeah, it's hard to evaluate where NBA prospects will end up at this point (especially for those people who have had drastic rises in stock). Christie has the physical profile to play in the NBA (long, can play some at the point, and can shoot enough to play the 2) and he has had a really good season. Statistically, he is similar or slightly better than guys like Grady Dick, Jett Howard, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and Dariq Whitehead.

Generally, I do think you're right. I think he could probably use a splashy SO season to put him firmly in the 1st round, but it wouldn't shock me if you started to see mocks with his name inching upwards.
I would think his brother can and will give him some good perspective and advice.

I would think his brother can and will give him some good perspective and advice.
Definitely, Max will be a great resource for him as he contemplates what to do. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully he will make whatever decision he is going to make about next year fairly quickly after the season ends.

shocking reusse would be a douche bag

Cam isn't ready to start day 1 in the NBA, but they draft you based on potential. Anyone who gets a 1st round grade (I don't think Cam will at this point; as of now all I've seen is a second rounder) should leave. All about getting to that second contract. If he's not getting 1st round grades, he should be back

Reusse is just an old man who sounds like a penguin giving his objective opinion on Christie's NBA prospects. Everyone freaking out and calling Patrick names is hilarious and I think it gives the old penguin great joy when he reads this forum.

Maybe Reusse is a Gopher fan and is attempting to goad Christie into staying another year! I kid, I kid! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Of course, that is also something that some might put on the bulletin board for motivation as you contact the NBA to notify them that you're available. Pretty bad look from Patrick

Maybe I'm naive or dense, but this was not on my bingo card. I did not see this possibility coming. He's got good potential and most of the physical tools, but he needs at least another year of development. What would really spring him is having a prominent role in a NCAA run next year. That will increase your draft profile like nothing else.

That will be an interesting conversation. Max is in his second year averaging 16 minutes and 4.9 points per game....but he certainly is cashing checks. Would another year have meant more money for Max?
Max is making 1.7 million this year. The 15th pick in the NBA draft gets over 3 million- so that's the gamble. Can a guy raise his stock enough to make up for the lost year?

To me, if he is not a first round shoe in, the only downside of staying one more year in college is injury. If Battle got 250k - I would think we could drum up 300k here to keep him as the center piece of next year's squad. Selfishly- I'd love that!

Maybe I'm naive or dense, but this was not on my bingo card. I did not see this possibility coming. He's got good potential and most of the physical tools, but he needs at least another year of development. What would really spring him is having a prominent role in a NCAA run next year. That will increase your draft profile like nothing else.
I mean, that logic doesn't really check out.

Cam is having a much better freshman season than Max had Michigan State, and they have extremely similar skill sets and physical profiles. Max is now in the Lakers rotation so it's hard to say he made a bad choice by coming out.

I didn't expect Cam to be this good or a possible one&done either...but this was always looming as a possibility once he started playing so well.

Selfishly we'd all love him to stay for another season, obviously.

That will be an interesting conversation. Max is in his second year averaging 16 minutes and 4.9 points per game....but he certainly is cashing checks. Would another year have meant more money for Max?
Max is making 1.7 million this year. The 15th pick in the NBA draft gets over 3 million- so that's the gamble. Can a guy raise his stock enough to make up for the lost year?
That discounts the fact of getting to the league earlier, thus starting the clock for your 2nd contract earlier.

If you're going to have a long career in the league, you'll make vastly more $$ on the 2nd/3rd contracts than on your rookie deal.

Top Bottom