Championship Week Game vs Wisconsin

Possible. But with an odd number of conference games you wouldn't have to change any other game for either team, just flip all the years going forward.
I agree that I don't see this happening.

Look - maybe the Gophers will surprise me and find a way to win. That would be great.

I just don't expect it.

And the last thing I want is for the last game of the season to be a loss to Wisconsin. then you have to carry that stink with you all during the off-season.

to be clear - my first choice would be a win over Wisconsin.

but, given a choice between losing to Wisconsin, or playing a team from the East division, I would much rather play a game from the East. Based on the standings, likely would have been MSU. That is a winnable game if the Gophers have most of their roster available.
Thanks for the wet blanket, ;). Wisc looked horrible yesterday. Gophs looked good yesterday missing 30+ players and with a patchwork OL. I like Goldy's odds against Bucky in this one.

Thanks for the wet blanket, ;). Wisc looked horrible yesterday. Gophs looked good yesterday missing 30+ players and with a patchwork OL. I like Goldy's odds against Bucky in this one.
I actually feel minnesota is more likely to win than lose and cover.
If we can stop their run game, we win.
mid we can’t , we lose by multiple scores.

Not happy about this, would've preferred the chance to beat a middling East division team but instead we risk losing on the road to Wisconsin because we can't break a streak. \s
You are in the minority for sure. Wisc is a middling West team.

Doesn’t matter. Mertz can’t hit them unless they’re uncovered
If Martinez had been even semi-accurate with his passes, Nebraska would have won by 2 touchdowns. Our defense is still the worst defense in the B1G and Wisconsin still has road graders on the O-line. I expect a brutal loss on Saturday, yet I can dream of a Gopher victory anyway.

If Martinez had been even semi-accurate with his passes, Nebraska would have won by 2 touchdowns. Our defense is still the worst defense in the B1G and Wisconsin still has road graders on the O-line. I expect a brutal loss on Saturday, yet I can dream of a Gopher victory anyway.
Doubt it. Could well have been the receivers on a few of those. He got pressured a fair amount as well. His overall 2020 passing numbers are pretty underwhelming. Had his second best game in rush yards.

Really don't think we are the worst defense in the Big Ten anymore. That was a Nebraska team who had put up plenty of points against Penn State and Purdue in recent weeks

I actually feel minnesota is more likely to win than lose and cover.
If we can stop their run game, we win.
mid we can’t , we lose by multiple scores.
My concern is our offense being able to move the ball and score.

Well Northwestern is determined to be the West champion....as they are playing in the championship game.

Wisconsin played in the 2019 Big 10 Championship game, yet Minnesota got to claim "Co-Champions".

I suppose you're suggestion of not counting a Wildcats loss in the standings would dance around the issue.

Really don't think we are the worst defense in the Big Ten anymore. That was a Nebraska team who had put up plenty of points against Penn State and Purdue in recent weeks
I really think they lost because their coach is a dumbass. Martinez averaged 9
i think if they would’ve run him 5-10x more instead of pass, they would’ve also won. We didn’t have an answer for his legs, but that’s why Frost is a bad coach and we won.

They’ve scored something like 20 points since november 13

Wisconsin is Shit. We better batter them.

Wisconsin played in the 2019 Big 10 Championship game, yet Minnesota got to claim "Co-Champions".

I suppose you're suggestion of not counting a Wildcats loss in the standings would dance around the issue.

Yes. Championship not counting towards conference record...since it hasn't in the past.

I really think they lost because their coach is a dumbass. Martinez averaged 9

i think if they would’ve run him 5-10x more instead of pass, they would’ve also won. We didn’t have an answer for his legs, but that’s why Frost is a bad coach and we won.
??? Plenty of other reasons why Gophs won that game.

Back to the scheduling. I think it is more important to keep the streak of continuous matchups intact. I hope we beat the h*** out of the skunks but I'll accept the loss if that happens and hope for better in the future. Think we can take them!

It's supposed to snow there Saturday morning. I actually hope it does well into the afternoon. I think conditions slowing everyone down favors this year's Gophers team vs how it hobbled last year's.

Current odds:
Minnesota +11.5 (-107), ML +334
Wisconsin -11.5 (-109), ML -404

Top Bottom