Championship Week Game vs Wisconsin

I don't know why it wouldn't count as an official conference game.

If these count in the standings, Iowa (7-2) could wind up with a better winning percentage than Northwestern (6-2) should the Hawkeyes win an Wildcats lose. Could they then claim 1st Place and West Champs?

If these count in the standings, Iowa (7-2) could wind up with a better winning percentage than Northwestern (6-2) should the Hawkeyes win an Wildcats lose. Could they then claim 1st Place and West Champs?

Any other year I'd say Kirk wouldn't do that but he's been kinda prickly lately.

I’m a bit worried the fellas have TOO many reasons why we want to beat Wisconsin this time? Be very nice to get it done.
If we do, is this season better than last year?
One could make an argument it is! 😎

To me, the most logical thing to do would be to go West 2 vs, East 2, West 3 vs. East 3, etc. It wouldn't be my preferred opponent, but it seems fair.

Seems logical but Big Ten teams didn't even play the same amount of games. 2 teams played 5, 1 played 6, 2 played 7 and two played 8!

Much like 2020 itself, there is no logic to be applied to this season.

Go Gophers and Go Rutgers too!

Not happy about this, would've preferred the chance to beat a middling East division team but instead we risk losing on the road to Wisconsin because we can't break a streak. \s

Well Northwestern is determined to be the West champion....as they are playing in the championship game.

Maybe don't count the championship as a conference game as far as the standings go? For everyone else...it's just another game.

Not happy about this, would've preferred the chance to beat a middling East division team but instead we risk losing on the road to Wisconsin because we can't break a streak. \s

What streak? One loss in a row?

Good! Now and then, the correct thing happens.

Will be a tough game. But we should have a chance here.

Also, I like how Michigan is the only East team who gets punished with a road game to a West team, for cancelling on Ohio State. Take that! :)

Almost everybody else gets a crossover game, but Alvarez gets what he wants - a win over Minnesota at Madison. That forces Michigan State to play Maryland, another non-crossover game. The Gophers should be playing Maryland again or Michigan State. This is not a plus for the Gophers. The Badgers just lost to Iowa - they will be out for blood. And would any bowl take a 3-4 Gophers?

Almost everybody else gets a crossover game, but Alvarez gets what he wants - a win over Minnesota at Madison. That forces Michigan State to play Maryland, another non-crossover game. The Gophers should be playing Maryland again or Michigan State. This is not a plus for the Gophers. The Badgers just lost to Iowa - they will be out for blood. And would any bowl take a 3-4 Gophers?

Who cares about a crossover? Playing Wisconsin is way better. Far more meaningful. And Wisconsin looks very beatable.

If you're that scared of losing, how can you bear to watch any games? They might lose, y'know!

I'm curious: who did you pick in the Minnesota - Nebraska game?

After seeing their game against Iowa...We only sucked a little more than they did. I think we have a chance.

This is the worst take ever. Why even be a Gopher football fan if this is your attitude??

Small portion of our fanbase would rather play Michigan State instead of our biggest rival (to say nothing of keeping the longest running rivalry game streak intact). Bizarre and pathetic doesn't begin to describe this stance.

I’m a bit worried the fellas have TOO many reasons why we want to beat Wisconsin this time? Be very nice to get it done.
If we do, is this season better than last year?
One could make an argument it is! 😎
Absolutely not. 2018 was not a better year than last year just because we beat WI. It made for a very special victory but not a better year.

Lol

This is the worst take ever. Why even be a Gopher football fan if this is your attitude??

Small portion of our fanbase would rather play Michigan State instead of our biggest rival (to say nothing of keeping the longest running rivalry game streak intact). Bizarre and pathetic doesn't begin to describe this stance.
AND WISCONSIN IS NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE

everyone from 5-14 is mediocre and could beat the others on a given day. Hence why nobody in the group has fewer than 2 wins but Minnesota is the only team in the group at .500

If we had a defense, I'd give us a chance against WI (and having Bateman yet would have helped).
I am highly doubtful that our defense is in process of turning things around with the COVID players missing.
Our defense just played a pretty decent game against a mediocre offense. We play another mediocre offense next week

Top Bottom