Championship Week Game vs Wisconsin

There is still a chance, crazy as it sounds, that we get to go to a bowl game.

So would it really be any worse than last year? Get our asses whipped by Wisconsin, then win a bowl game.

Yes, it would be because we were 10-1 when that loss happened last year. A loss would put us at 3-4 and lower our chances for a bowl game considerably.

Look - maybe the Gophers will surprise me and find a way to win. That would be great.

I just don't expect it.

And the last thing I want is for the last game of the season to be a loss to Wisconsin. then you have to carry that stink with you all during the off-season.

to be clear - my first choice would be a win over Wisconsin.

but, given a choice between losing to Wisconsin, or playing a team from the East division, I would much rather play a game from the East. Based on the standings, likely would have been MSU. That is a winnable game if the Gophers have most of their roster available.

I agree with you. This is a certain psychology of many people always valuing something that escapes them more than the things more easily available to them. It's like that girl who always shoots them down but that's the one they want the most. So, they waste so much time obsessing about that girl rather than enjoying the good times they could have had with others. Ahab had a similar issue with the White Whale.

Our defense just played a pretty decent game against a mediocre offense. We play another mediocre offense next week

Wisconsin's anemic offensive performances have come against the 3 best scoring defenses in the conference other than theirs (Northwestern, Indiana, and Iowa). Wisconsin is #2 in scoring defense. Only Iowa has scored more than 17 against them.

If we can't score at least 24, I don't like our chances.

Wisconsin's anemic offensive performances have come against the 3 best scoring defenses in the conference other than theirs (Northwestern, Indiana, and Iowa). Wisconsin is #2 in scoring defense. Only Iowa has scored more than 17 against them.

If we can't score at least 24, I don't like our chances.
Did you watch the games?
Because if you think Wisconsin’s offense is anything better than mediocre you’re kidding yourself.
And I said that after their Illinois game.

Wisconsin is a good team. Much better than their record shows. Gophers will have to play their best game of the year to win.
That said, this couldn't have worked out any better. This is our bowl game this year. Our championship. This game means WAY more than playing any other East division team and it also means alot more than any bowl game we may or may not get into.

Beat Bucky

Wisconsin is a good team. Much better than their record shows. Gophers will have to play their best game of the year to win.
That said, this couldn't have worked out any better. This is our bowl game this year. Our championship. This game means WAY more than playing any other East division team and it also means alot more than any bowl game we may or may not get into.

Beat Bucky

Agreed. Sagarin has the Fadgers ranked at #12 vs. the Gophs at #39 and a 14-point spread predictor. Even if the stats quality this year is way too thin, the game will be tough to win.

Agreed. Sagarin has the Fadgers ranked at #12 vs. the Gophs at #39 and a 14-point spread predictor. Even if the stats quality this year is way too thin, the game will be tough to win.
Efficiency metrics are pretty much garbage with this little data to work with.

Minnesota is better than their record as is wisconsin. they’re both top 40-50 teams this year. Neither are top 25.

minnesota’s defense isn’t as bad as it showed in weeks 1-2
Wisconsin’s offense isn’t as good as it showed in games 1-2. It might be as bad as it showed in weeks 3, 4, 5....but those were all against good defense...which Minnesota isn’t.

Expect a 24-17 kind of game either way.

Did you watch the games?
Because if you think Wisconsin’s offense is anything better than mediocre you’re kidding yourself.
And I said that after their Illinois game.

I don't know how good their offense is right now but I know our defense is vulnerable not withstanding the last game. Let's just say that I don't think we're going to limit them to 7 points like Iowa did.

Of the top 4 scoring defenses in the conference (Wisconsin is one), we've played only one of those teams and didn't score until the last minute or two of the game. I like our offense, but most of the defenses in the Big Ten aren't very good and those are the ones we scored a fair number of points against.

On paper we are underdogs but I think PJF will have them ready to win. Should be in the 20's and if Mo continues to punish defenders and we can dominate TOP ending in points I like our chances. I know that will be a difficult task but am happy we have this opportunity.

The 2020 Wisconsin Badgers football squad may be a true novelty:

A JUGGERNAUT... with a 2-3 record.

You just don't see many of those, folks!

On paper we are underdogs but I think PJF will have them ready to win. Should be in the 20's and if Mo continues to punish defenders and we can dominate TOP ending in points I like our chances. I know that will be a difficult task but am happy we have this opportunity.

If it's in the twenties, or more, I think our chances improve.

Top Bottom