Carson Hinzman 2022

Obviously you have never coached football. Your value to the team is directly proportional to your distance from the football. As such, the MOST valuable lineman is the center. Also gives you an idea as the importance of a splitend.

Is FB more valuable than a WR?

Does he go to the same high school as Tyler Cooper did?

Does he go to the same high school as Tyler Cooper did?
Looking it up on Google: No.

Cooper went to St Croix Falls, which is just across the river from Taylors Falls.

Hinzman goes to St Croix Central, which is just north of I-94, maybe 10-ish miles east of the border.

Looking it up on Google: No.

Cooper went to St Croix Falls, which is just across the river from Taylors Falls.

Hinzman goes to St Croix Central, which is just north of I-94, maybe 10-ish miles east of the border.
Correct. St. Croix Central is a school district made up of smaller towns like Hammond and Roberts and surrounding areas. Bigger school district than St. Croix Falls. SCC has become quite a football program in the last 6-7 years.

I read it and re-read it.

Care to explain what I'm missing?
All you are missing is continued discussion of one of the stupider arguments on Gopherhole. About the only hard and fast rule is that the QB is the most important position on offense because he has the ball on every play. The value of all the other positions is going to be largely dependent on what type of offense you are running.

The NFL is much more standardized in how positions are valued, but high school and college offenses are going to be all over the map.

The NFL is much more standardized in how positions are valued, but high school and college offenses are going to be all over the map.
Nonetheless, I will content that a majority of high school programs have their top rated (O)lineman playing tackle in their offense, regardless if they're likely to switch to guard or center in college.

No doubt there are exceptions. There are offensive systems in high school where having your biggest/strongest OL at guard makes more sense.

But it does mean in 247's pool of rated players that there are fewer players specifically labeled "OG" than "OT" or just "OL" (if that is a thing).

If Carson H looks at the situations at Wisconsin and Minnesota from an opportunity standpoint, he picks Minnesota easily. Wisconsin has reeled in an incredible number of high 3, 4 and two 5 star OL recruits in the past three years. It will be very clogged there for several years; hard to see how the youngest OL guys even sniff any playing time. Minnesota has a great OL currently, but loses at least 2 (Sam and Connor) and perhaps up to 4 (Big Dan and Curtis) starters after the 2021 season. And loses two more (Blaise and JMS) for sure after 2022. Majority, perhaps all, going to NFL (drafted or free agents). Huge open path at Minnesota for a young excellent OL man to move into playing time. School preferences are one thing, but if opportunity is the key determinant, at this juncture Minnesota over Wisky is a no brainer.
They’ve been recruiting stud tackles the last 2 or 3 cycles. I’m not sure how many of those 6’8” guys can kick inside and play guard. If Hinzman is a future guard I think there’s plenty of opportunity for playing time.

They have another 4* in state kid (joe Brunner) that projects as a tackle who has a ton of national offers who they’re more likely to lose out on because of how they’ve been recruiting the last couple of cycles. Not sure if the gophers have offered.

Obviously you have never coached football. Your value to the team is directly proportional to your distance from the football. As such, the MOST valuable lineman is the center. Also gives you an idea as the importance of a splitend.
Didn’t know you were AJ Barker’s mom’s beat friend.

I just read is making a visit to WI.
He is a bit short for a WI OT but could lay as a guard.
No team has enough OLs.

I just read is making a visit to WI.
He is a bit short for a WI OT but could lay as a guard.
No team has enough OLs.
Where he lives is pretty much a TC suburb. So will depend if his household is a Bucky house or not.

He gone.

Will either be a Badger, or will go to some fancy program out of region like LSU or Oregon.
Have no inside information but article/interview was before his junior year of football. Long time ago.

Last edited:

Hinzman now "warm" to Iowa/ND/Wisky, per 24/7
The timeline shows official visits scheduled for Madison on June 4th and South Bend June 18th.

Also shows Bert offered him in Jan. Could see him taking officials to Iowa City and Champaign, "for fun", as well. He can drive to the U any time he wants, boring.

The timeline shows official visits scheduled for Madison on June 4th and South Bend June 18th.

Also shows Bert offered him in Jan. Could see him taking officials to Iowa City and Champaign, "for fun", as well. He can drive to the U any time he wants, boring.
Iowa site says he's in IC on the 25th. Unfortunately, I doubt Fleck has any chance here, but at least the Gophs got mentioned. Baby steps...

Top Bottom