Bryce Benhart

You know we’re all mad at Bryce for ditching us, but, we’re all looking at it wrong. Bryce sacrificed his future football to go to Nebraska to destroy them from the inside. This was Bryce and PJs plan all along. Send a top Minnesota to Nebraska as the Trojan horse and take them out.

Unorthodox, but, brilliant

I usually would agree with you but this kid is kind of a known asshole. I'm not talking about punch every one in the balls level of douchebagery, but overly cocky, was a real pr!ck in the wrestling circuits.

I get the sense that he's shoved a nerd or two into a locker.
If that is true—I don’t know the kid or his family—maybe there is a little karma at work down in Lincoln.

You know we’re all mad at Bryce for ditching us, but, we’re all looking at it wrong. Bryce sacrificed his future football to go to Nebraska to destroy them from the inside. This was Bryce and PJs plan all along. Send a top Minnesota to Nebraska as the Trojan horse and take them out.

Unorthodox, but, brilliant
brilliant-guiness.gif

Indeed!

The couple of times I watched him early in the season he appeared to be improved. After watching him today, he's definitely better than he was last year and 2 years ago. However, we also don't have Mafe making him look silly.

edit:
He has for sure gotten better! Logan-Redding neutralized by Benhart. LR97 has had 1 tackle and virtually zero pressure. The tackle was a zone drop coverage (Benhart blocked Smith on a Blitz as Redding dropped into coverage) on the pass before the 4th quarter FG.

Last edited:

The couple of times I watched him early in the season he appeared to be improved. After watching him today, he's definitely better than he was last year and 2 years ago. However, we also don't have Mafe making him look silly.

edit:
He has for sure gotten better! Logan-Redding neutralized by Benhart. LR97 has had 1 tackle and virtually zero pressure. The tackle was a zone drop coverage (Benhart blocked Smith on a Blitz as Redding dropped into coverage) on the pass before the 4th quarter FG.
He's a shitload better than Carroll.

edit:
I thought he looked pretty bad TBH. I don't know if he's any better or worse than Carroll.

Lol that’s horrible
He's been coached to do that apparently. Every kick is like that and the other guard does it too. The problem here is that he left too big of gap...he should've been tighter.

Both had dads who knew it all. They know people and get their kid exposure. Is it possible the dads can get their kid overhyped? Neither is a good tackle, yet highly ranked.
Size gets you overhyped
Can’t teach their frames

Both highly rated based on frame
Nebraska kid was the third best linemen on his own high school team but because he was taller and longer he went to Nebraska while the other two went NDSU

Size gets you overhyped
Can’t teach their frames

Nebraska kid was the third best linemen on his own high school team but because he was taller and longer he went to Nebraska while the other two went NDSU
Huge deal in high school where you're dealing with opponents that are smaller than you.

Huge deal in high school where you're dealing with opponents that are smaller than you.
Yeah, there are a lot of good HS football players who just don't have the size.

If you don't have that size in college you quickly become just like that kid in HS who is dominated by the big guys.

Size gets you overhyped
Can’t teach their frames

The other 2 didn't even play O-line. They were d-lineman. When they played O, the were TEs and Hbacks. Nathan Boe was on that team too, but he was a year older than Benhart.

The other 2 didn't even play O-line. They were d-lineman. When they played O, the were TEs and Hbacks. Nathan Boe was on that team too, but he was a year older than Benhart.
How does that disagree with anything I said?

Coach Rhule on Benhart 2023:
So he’s the most Nebraskan player on the Nebraska team? Nebraska has always made me a little nervous, because it’s conceivable their talent could be utilized properly, but how a program continues getting recruits with such poor coaching/development is absolutely mind boggling to me…

Top Bottom