Bryce Benhart

State of Football

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I will never degrade a MN kid but I feel sorry for the young man. He was one of the best linemen I've seen come out of our state. Based on what I saw today, he couldn't play on our line that was depleted by COVID. I don't believe he'd be in our top 8. I can't imagine how he might have developed here. The kid has size and a skill set. Maybe Nebraska was for him academically but I wish it were different for him. I'd love for him to play great but still have the Gophers beat them.

Forget him. I don't root for players on our rival teams. Especially ones from Minnesota. Even more so if they (or family) choose to kick dirt on the program on their way out.

I dont typically cheer against anyone but his dad had no problem telling everyone how much better the Neb program was than MN when he committed, so im not disappointed Mafe whipped him all day long.
This is what I don't like. Bad mouthing a local University is uncalled for and then play elsewhere.

Tough game for Bryce.
At least they have that sold out crowd for him today.

Last edited:

Lol I respect where players want to play, but with that I love seeing them get creamed by the team they stiff nosed to. Again, the OP nailed it, he didn’t look that impressive

He made his choice and for his own reasons. I'm guessing that many here would have wanted to him to be a Gopher. Can't we just respect that and move on rather than ripping the kid?

Now he is a starting OL as RS Frosh on a BIG team. How many here can say that?

He is still developing just like Boye Mafe did for the Gophers. Give him time.

He made his choice and for his own reasons. I'm guessing that many here would have wanted to him to be a Gopher. Can't we just respect that and move on rather than ripping the kid?

Now he is a starting OL as RS Frosh on a BIG team. How many here can say that?
No respect when he rips the Gophers. He’s a little biatch!

He is a big kid and starting as a redshirt freshman. He's got time to develop. Wish him the best, but man alive he would have been perfect to stay home (I don't fault kids for leaving but the ones that stay I always really respect and hold in high regard). Those big lineman generally stay at Wisconsin. Wish we could say the same here, we lose some very highly talented players to other programs. That being said, I sure like how Schluter, Blaise, and Olson have turned out...really good players! Also, I think Ruschmeyer and Boe have looked good when they are in there. Also really liked big Pirsig when he was here. There is talent on the line here in Minnesota!

He had too much to say when he left. I can't quite remember it, but I hope he stays healthy, has to play through several coaching changes and underperforms.

For real though, I really wanted this kid. He chose to leave and that’s his decision. I just hope he has a mediocre career now because he’s not one of us.

Frost and Fleck are two completely types of coaches. Apparently Frost whom I don't have much respect for as a human being fits his background, then that where he should go. His dad obviously is a Frost type personality based on what I hear from you guys.

My impression was that the Row The Boat mantra was a turn off. It seemed like his dad was controlling his recruitment. He must not like PJ Fleck's personality. At that time, many people even on this MB did not buy in into PJ Fleck yet.

Last edited:

As much as he trashes MN

if Minnesota would’ve offered the Mostaert twins (who both went to NDSU) I think there is a chance they all come together.

I dont typically cheer against anyone but his dad had no problem telling everyone how much better the Neb program was than MN when he committed, so im not disappointed Mafe whipped him all day long.
Boom.

Suck it Benhart. You absolutely deserve what you've gotten, so far.

Nebraska is a better fit academically for many. When you lose your AAU stays it says a lot. They’re the junior college of BIG schools academically.

Top Bottom