Bryce Benhart

Now he is a starting OL as RS Frosh on a BIG team. How many here can say that?
I've never understood comments like this. Being critical of someone or something doesn't require intimate knowledge or skill in the area being criticized. I can criticize Dan Bailey all day long and I can't kick a football 20 yards. I've never directed a movie but I can say with absolute certainty that Battlefield Earth was awful. I'm not a rock star but I can state with vigor that Weezer's remake of "Africa" was no good.

You can't fault someone for going wherever it is they need to go, but I can't tell you how many times I've fantasized about playing for the gophers. So if they don't feel that pride in Minnesota and our U, whatever.

I thought about this a bit, and Bryce is probably at the correct spot for himself.
Frost has the personality of a salt shaker and Bryce seems to match that, so that seems like a good mix.

LIFT WEIGHTS!
SHOW ENERGY!
GREAT PRACTICE THIS WEEK!

He made his choice and for his own reasons. I'm guessing that many here would have wanted to him to be a Gopher. Can't we just respect that and move on rather than ripping the kid?

Now he is a starting OL as RS Frosh on a BIG team. How many here can say that?

This was the dumbest thing I read yesterday. I waited the whole day before replying on it because I wanted to be sure before responding with it.

I guess I shouldn't have an opinion on what food I like since I'm not a chef.

This kid is awful tonight. He looks like a statue against Rutgers. He’s just terrible.

This kid is awful tonight. He looks like a statue against Rutgers. He’s just terrible.

I haven’t watched closely but he doesn’t seem to be very good. Definitely can improve because thats how college athletics are but I’m unimpressed by him.

This is what I don't like. Bad mouthing a local University is uncalled for and then play elsewhere.
Apparently, you didn’t graduate from anywhere. How’s the door to door steak sales going?

How about some rational analysis of Mr. Benhart? How do his PFF grades compare to the Gopher OL, or to his teammates? How many sacks did he give up last year; how many so far this year? Again, compare to Gopher OL starters.

Husker fans don't think much of Mr. Benhart. He really has been bad last year and this year.

How about some rational analysis of Mr. Benhart? How do his PFF grades compare to the Gopher OL, or to his teammates? How many sacks did he give up last year; how many so far this year? Again, compare to Gopher OL starters.

lol. Rational analysis is this....Nebraska stole a dud.

Good grief. I am glad he went to Nebbie!

Nah. I can base an opinion off of videos like this. There are plenty.

Isn’t this at least the second play this year he completely froze on the snap?

He has started at tackle or Nebraska for a long time. A lot of armchair QBs on the Nebbie Board are really down on him. Single him out for some fairly stinging criticism, which is poor form. I feel sorry for the kid, if he reads any of that stuff. He's a college kid--doing very well academically, it appears--giving it his all on the field, I assume. But I don't regret the fact that he (or his parents) blew off the U!

Why? Shouldn't we accept a NE fan's opinion of their own OL?

Maybe, but I'd like to see some actual information too. Data tells (some of) the story.
Well data would include team's W/L over the course of his career and whether there are any videos of any other team's OL that show what we've seen multiple times from Mr. Benhart. And when you burn bridges, stuff like this is going to follow you. Sometimes you reap what you sow.

Benhart has been terrible his entire career at Nebraska. For whatever reason, most highly rated offensive lineman from MN seem to under perform in college. It's the middle tier and under recruited O lineman from MN who seem to do better long term.

Guy to his left stayed in his stance too…
Literally, if they just stick their arms sideways into the that gap, that guy wouldn't have been able to get through the gap fast enough to block it. That's really all you have to do for B gap outwards on PAT .....

Benhart has been terrible his entire career at Nebraska. For whatever reason, most highly rated offensive lineman from MN seem to under perform in college. It's the middle tier and under recruited O lineman from MN who seem to do better long term.
I think Hassenauer still takes the cake here.

Supposedly #1 ranked center in the nation. Stayed on the bench his entire career at Alabama. Hey, he's still in the league. Backup for the Steelers

Ragnow was #3 player in the state and #24 OT in the nation. Went to Bert at Arkansas, drafted first round and has started every year with the Lions (for whatever that's worth ...)

Maybe, but I'd like to see some actual information too. Data tells (some of) the story.
The "data" on OL isn't very good. I actually think the guy on here who used to break down the Gopher OL after every game did a much much better job than PFF.

However, if you go off PFF, Benhart was terrible last year. He had a game with a 0 rating in pass defense (he gave up a QB hurry in all 12 of the passing attempts he played). His rating was a 50.2. He had a pass block rating of 30.1.

To put that into perspective, every MN OL last year had a rating in the 70's. The worst MN OL last year's pass block rating was 60.4 (Schlueter) and the rest were over 77.

I'm not a big PFF guy, so I'm not going to pay for it to break down the data this year. But he's been really bad at Nebraska. You didn't really need the data to see it, but this is the closest thing we got.

I got all of this from a 3 minute google search if you're ever being a stickler for data. It's at your fingertips.

He has started at tackle or Nebraska for a long time. A lot of armchair QBs on the Nebbie Board are really down on him. Single him out for some fairly stinging criticism, which is poor form. I feel sorry for the kid, if he reads any of that stuff. He's a college kid--doing very well academically, it appears--giving it his all on the field, I assume. But I don't regret the fact that he (or his parents) blew off the U!
I usually would agree with you but this kid is kind of a known asshole. I'm not talking about punch every one in the balls level of douchebagery, but overly cocky, was a real pr!ck in the wrestling circuits.

I get the sense that he's shoved a nerd or two into a locker.

Top Bottom