Best College Shooter

Some great names already mentioned-one I'm going to add from the early '90s is Alex Dillard from Arkansas. Along with Kingsbury, he was the guy without a conscious who would fire from anywhere on the floor-his time was brief, as he was a juco guy, but man, was it fun watching him light it up:

Some great names already mentioned-one I'm going to add from the early '90s is Alex Dillard from Arkansas. Along with Kingsbury, he was the guy without a conscious who would fire from anywhere on the floor-his time was brief, as he was a juco guy, but man, was it fun watching him light it up:

That was an Ethan Wragge performance.

There was no body better than Pete Maravich, But a great sharpshooter was Jimmy Rayl of Indiana University in the early sixties. He was a 6'1 138 pound point guard coming out of high school where he broke Oscar Robertson's state Tournament record of 114 points. He had the nickname the "splendid
splinter" because of his thin stature. At IU he averaged 29 points as a junior and 25 as a senior when there was no shot clock or three point shot. He set the Indiana and Big Ten single game scoring record of 56 points against Minnesota and tied his own record with another 56 point performance against Michigan State.

I've seen a lot of bad shooting last few years and Gophers have been ugly at times, especially on the road. It started me thing about the best college shooters I've ever seen.

Dating myself, but think it was Rick Mount of Purdue for me. It was 50 some years ago so maybe my memory only recalls the positive but he seemed to make from everywhere. Pistol Pete right up there too.

Your thoughts?
I remember watching Rick Mount play at the Barn and I whole-heartedly agree with you. Another great one was Michigan's Cazzie Russel.

JJ Reddick probably #1 on the list for me
Chris Kingsbury
Jake Sullivan could hit
Steph Curry
Kyle Korver
VOSHON LEONARD BABY

Top Bottom