Battle scores 15 in OSU win over Dayton

He's played all right at OSU (for the most part, better than here last season) but it's clear he's not a go-to guy at OSU; kind of a blue collar supporting player there and that's probably a good role for him.
He's a good player, not a star.

21-22 battle may have been a flash in the pan.... But I would love to have that player again this year.. wish him nothing but the best, but he's no longer a gopher so whatevs... Hope he leaves mpls with a L this year.. bet he will want to prove himself against Betts....

Yeah, played well. His skill set was not replaced for this season.

Anyone else thinking Battle is going to be ready to prove a point on Sunday? If for nothing else, just to prove Rockraven wrong

Anyone else thinking Battle is going to be ready to prove a point on Sunday? If for nothing else, just to prove Rockraven wrong
I hope he is. I hope he is out there hunting his own shots to show us. I think that works out ok for us. Oh he may get hot… that’s a possibility.

I hope he is. I hope he is out there hunting his own shots to show us. I think that works out ok for us. Oh he may get hot… that’s a possibility.
Someone on this roster better be ready to be all over him defensively for betraying the family. Maybe Carrington.

12 shots- 12 points
12 points and 8 rebounds is not necessarily a bad night. He will have nights he shoots better.
With those numbers versus SF he would be our leading rebounder and third leading scorer behind Garcia and Payne and we probably win. In other games those three guys trade off leading the team in scoring or rebounding...we'd win a lot more games.

12 points and 8 rebounds is not necessarily a bad night. He will have nights he shoots better.
With those numbers versus SF he would be our leading rebounder and third leading scorer behind Garcia and Payne and we probably win. In other games those three guys trade off leading the team in scoring or rebounding...we'd win a lot more games.
Not a BAD night but this is typical of the inefficiency Battle has brought the past two years. His first year with Minnesota - real good. This year he scores about 1.1 points per shot. Their best player- Thornton averages 1.5 points per shot- huge difference. Battle is a solid #3 guy who will get hot on certain nights and maybe one will be against the Gophers...we'll see.

Top Bottom