Battle scores 15 in OSU win over Dayton

Hard to recruit kids that aren’t from where you’re from. Just my opinion.
You wow them with the great coaches you have coached under like Richard Pitino and Travis Steele....

I think Batte really missed Willis last year. He doesn't create his own shots but when he's paired with a PG that creates looks for him he can be effective. He also got the bulk of the apposing teams focus defensively. That probably won't happen at Ohio State.

Cooper, the other starter that transferred, had a nice trip to the Bahamas in August as the Gamecocks played a couple games there. 4 of 11 from 3 in the two games with 5 assists total. (Really would have fit in much better this year, I think.)

Cooper, the other starter that transferred, had a nice trip to the Bahamas in August as the Gamecocks played a couple games there. 4 of 11 from 3 in the two games with 5 assists total. (Really would have fit in much better this year, I think.)
Losing your best employees is costly in so many ways.

Calling the young man a head case is just wrong. You have no idea what Jamison went through last year off the court. Ryan James alluded to this in one of his post that someone close contributed to this. In speaking to people who know Battle well he is a great young man.
That may be true. Battle repped himself well in his 2 years as a Gopher, and seems like a good kid, etc

Having said that, he chose to transfer to a conference rival. So I'll be booing the hell out of him when the Buckeyes come to the Barn and hopefully everyone else follows suit.

That may be true. Battle repped himself well in his 2 years as a Gopher, and seems like a good kid, etc

Having said that, he chose to transfer to a conference rival. So I'll be booing the hell out of him when the Buckeyes come to the Barn and hopefully everyone else follows suit.
Monetary considerations have become one of the most if not most important issue when deciding where to transfer, we probably should get used to it.

What’s tough for Johnson is a couple of the players who left that would have and did help are Battle and Kalscheur. Private school HS kids. What connection would he have to a school like Delasalle? Hard to recruit kids that aren’t from where you’re from. Just my opinion.
Hell, Abdoulaye Thiam would have been the best wing on our team last year.

Yep, I'll boo him whenever he plays the Gophers.

I'll probably cheer for him in the NCAA tournament and if he plays after college. In the Barn though, he's on the other side.

I think Batte really missed Willis last year. He doesn't create his own shots but when he's paired with a PG that creates looks for him he can be effective. He also got the bulk of the apposing teams focus defensively. That probably won't happen at Ohio State.
That certainly didn't help, but Battle simply wasn't as good as he had been the previous year. He missed open shots and was content to hang out on the perimeter. He had been more of an inside-outside threat as a soph.

What’s tough for Johnson is a couple of the players who left that would have and did help are Battle and Kalscheur. Private school HS kids. What connection would he have to a school like Delasalle? Hard to recruit kids that aren’t from where you’re from. Just my opinion.
Johnson is a graduate of DeLaSalle.

We'll miss Battle. Good player who seems like a really nice kid. Like someone said above, he missed Willis.

Top Bottom