Assistant Coaches

"Sources expect former DeLaSalle coach Dave Thorson, now an assistant at Colorado State, to be named one of Johnson’s assistant coaches." Dave Shama
So, here is how I look at this.

Dave Thorson is your head coach. And Ben is there to learn from him and recruit. This I can get behind rather than handing the reigns to someone with zero head coaching experience.

feel confident in the fact that i have a few years coaching travel team basketball and a few more years coaching Junior High Basketball.....

and to some on here it matters.....but i also started 3 years of varsity basketball so i check the box of "playing the game at a high level".....
Ha Ha Ha..... Yes and I once worked with a couple of guys that played D3 college basketball...

Sorry to break it to you, but playing "varsity hs basketball" is not playing at a high level.... ha, ha, ha....

Ha Ha Ha..... Yes and I once worked with a couple of guys that played D3 college basketball...

Sorry to break it to you, but playing "varsity hs basketball" is not playing at a high level.... ha, ha, ha....

I guess you didn't realize that he was joking.

This was a ways back in the thread, but Doogie mentioned that it was Tavaras Hardy from LMU. Hardy tweeted this afterward so take it FWIW.

Navy's Ed DeChellis is a former Big Ten HC coach, of course, and was about as good as any other Penn State BB coach since that school joined the conference. He's in his early sixties now. I suppose it's quite possible that he could get a bump in pay by moving to the Gophers as an assistant.

Saw the job posting today on Indeed.com. It is listed as being there for 12 days. Purdue and Marquette also had assistant jobs listed. What distinguishes the Gophers' add from the other two is that the other two have far more detailed (especially Purdue's) job descriptions and skill/experience requirements. Our ad gives a very brief and general description of job duties. The listed requirements are a bachelor's degree (masters preferred) and one year of coaching experience at the collegiate or pro level.
I bet that caused some amazingly qualified candidates to look elsewhere

Doogie implies BJ search is over but they have to go through a process.

No, it’s really not. Funny that you think it actually matters to any viable candidate, or that they are waiting to see who applies.
I found it bizarre for sure, but I'm guessing any job opening at the U is required to be posted somewhere for x amount of time.

No, it’s really not. Funny that you think it actually matters to any viable candidate, or that they are waiting to see who applies.
Any time you put something in the public forum and it has the UofM or your program's name on it, it should be quality. That is the way I have always operated for organizations I have run or worked for. I don't care if it's inconsequential to what your plans are, if you put it out to the public it should make a good representation. That did not.

Top Bottom