Annies Parlor

I still can't believe they couldn't or wouldn't relocate the restaurant somewhere else on campus. That one still stings. Happy to hear Annie's is on the way back, though. Both were my absolute favorite places to eat on campus.
They also closed the Hopkins location so I think they were just ready to get out of the restaurant business.

I still can't believe they couldn't or wouldn't relocate the restaurant somewhere else on campus. That one still stings. Happy to hear Annie's is on the way back, though. Both were my absolute favorite places to eat on campus.
I know nothing of the Big10 ownership but I do know a few people in the restaurant business who were ready to move to a new stage of life and couldn’t find buyers for their businesses. Not an automatic that people are willing to take the risk and put the work into a business, especially one as difficult as hospitality. It wouldn’t surprise me if a relocation was more work than they wanted and no one interested in continuing it.

Now you've learned, you do not make any jokes about lake names in these sacred threads.

Because there are separate groups of people who claim to have originally names the lake, you will also think it's totally normal when we change the name of Bde Make Ska to Bde Med'oza because other groups of Dakota called Lake of the Loon, then finally when you realize these names have been exclusionary to the Ojibwe people you will think it's totally normal when we change the name of the lake to Gaa-waabaabiganikaag-zaaga’igan (actual spelling).

We will keep changing the names of these lakes until we wash away all the guilt and we will not ever, and I mean ever, joke about the names of the lakes on internet threads about a malt shop.
Or, if you are going to make a joke...make it funny. Or at least relevant...

I make jokes about the name change too fwiw (of Calhoun...since you know Harriet is still called Harriet) so it isn't like it is some sacred cow. But on a cleverness scale their joke ranks up there with any stupid idea MPLSGopher has and posts about 1200 times.

I would like to go on record. I was offended by touchdownvikings joke. I was also offended by the incorrect name usage of the Lake by TNGopher. In addition I was offended by Dave H's joke about touchdownvikings having only 10 friends. It shows a complete lack of empathy for people who struggle to make interpersonal connections especially in a world were we are increasingly distant emotionally and physically from each other.

Shame on all of you.

I am offended by your apparent lack of reading skills...since I didn't say he had 10 friends I said his friends are 10 years old :p:ROFLMAO:;) I bet he has tons of friends who he plays tag with at recess ;):p:p:p

(this should go without saying but this whole post is not serious)

They also closed the Hopkins location so I think they were just ready to get out of the restaurant business.

The Big 10 proprietors still own a restaurant. "Thirty Bales" is at the same location as the former Hopkins sub shop.

Great news, can we work on getting BIG10 Subs to reopen as well.
There is a shop in Hopkins that was serving Big 10 subs recipes. Someone with a connection or former owners, workers, must have been doing that. Big 10 was always our go to place before football, mens and women's basketball games. Even Hockey games that place was absolutely buzzing. Best beer, popcorn and Hot Turkey Subs ever. Missed greatly in Stadium Village. Big 10 was iconic and good! That place had good tap beer too. Miss Big 10 we used to stop in even on none game days to hang out and watch road basketball games.Nice place to hang out after events. Sunday night meet up for beers, good food, memories from 90's early 2000's. It was fun place. Big 10 gone but not forgotten. Good place to poke fun at Packers fans just like Stubs.

Last edited:

The Big 10 proprietors still own a restaurant. "Thirty Bales" is at the same location as the former Hopkins sub shop.
Just checked it out - very different menu!

I often make Big10 Subs inspired sandwiches at home for dinner. Spread a little garlic butter on the buns, add the meat and cheese and put under the broiler to toast before adding shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil, white balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Yummy.

I often make Big10 Subs inspired sandwiches at home for dinner. Spread a little garlic butter on the buns, add the meat and cheese and put under the broiler to toast before adding shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil, white balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Yummy.
Maybe we can all come together and create a GH Cookbook. Proceeds to DTA. 😂

You forgot this part.... A whole head of shredded lettuce.

I would like to go on record. I was offended by touchdownvikings joke. I was also offended by the incorrect name usage of the Lake by TNGopher. In addition I was offended by Dave H's joke about touchdownvikings having only 10 friends. It shows a complete lack of empathy for people who struggle to make interpersonal connections especially in a world were we are increasingly distant emotionally and physically from each other.

Shame on all of you.
It's not THAT deep man. If you want a place not to get offended, the internet is not for you. Karen moment.

I worked in Hopkins for about ten years. Big 10 was pretty much the last place anyone wanted to go for lunch or happy hour. Mediocre food and really poor service from what I remember.

You forgot this part.... A whole head of shredded lettuce.
Yes. I realized after the fact that I should have added some adjectives like "a ridiculously, comical amount" before "shredded lettuce".

In Hopkins I think they knocked down the building and building something else.

In Hopkins I think they knocked down the building and building something else.
Seems like it's still going.

Seems like it's still going.

Yea, it looks like the movie theater was torn down. My bad.

Top Bottom