Annies Parlor

Doc1001

Reaction score
Has been closed since the pandemic. Now they have a sign outside saying you can take out malts and shakes. Wondering if the whole place will be back soon to dine in? We often go there before or after the games. Love their burgers and shakes and the fries. They should give me a free meal for this free advertisement.

Has been closed since the pandemic. Now they have a sign outside saying you can take out malts and shakes. Wondering if the whole place will be back soon to dine in? We often go there before or after the games. Love their burgers and shakes and the fries. They should give me a free meal for this free advertisement.
Everyone loves their burgers, shakes and fries. Their quality of food is the best advertisement.

I’ve wondered the same. I always loved visiting there. Sad to see it closed for so long.

An iconic Dinkytown locale.

Go Annies Parlor!!

They're ramping up. Annie's is going to fully reopen. Conventional Grill will be back soon, too.
Used to live down near Lake Harriet. Loved Convention Grill! Best fries and would occasionally splurge on a chocolate banana shake. Good memories.

Used to live down near Lake Harriet. Loved Convention Grill! Best fries and would occasionally splurge on a chocolate banana shake. Good memories.
Pretty sure the burgers and fries at Annie's and Convention grill were identical. The fries at both were amazing.

My wife and I had our first date at Annie's after a gopher hoops game a little more than 15 years ago. Glad to hear it's coming back! As others noted, obviously the burgers and fries are great, but I always loved the chocolate coke you can get there!

The Annie’s - Loring Pasta Bar - Kitty Kat Klub block was my favorite on campus, and even more in the few years I lived in Mpls after graduation.

Kitty Kat Klub was and still is the best first date spot I have ever found. Lots of memories in there. Hope it makes a comeback…there’s rumors of it on the web.

Eating at Annie's right now. Only me, my kid, and Ryan Saunders with his kid.

A few others have walked in for takeout.

They'll let you stay and eat. Plan is to fully reopen next weekend.

The manager said they opened Annie's before Convention Grill because they could get workers easier because of the access to college kids.

Eating at Annie's right now. Only me, my kid, and Ryan Saunders with his kid.

A few others have walked in for takeout.

They'll let you stay and eat. Plan is to fully reopen next weekend.

The manager said they opened Annie's before Convention Grill because they could get workers easier because of the access to college kids.
Crap I should have gone there today!

"Lake Harriet."

Isn't it "Lake Umi-Chunga-Changa-Chow-Chow" or something like that now?
Now you've learned, you do not make any jokes about lake names in these sacred threads.

Because there are separate groups of people who claim to have originally names the lake, you will also think it's totally normal when we change the name of Bde Make Ska to Bde Med'oza because other groups of Dakota called Lake of the Loon, then finally when you realize these names have been exclusionary to the Ojibwe people you will think it's totally normal when we change the name of the lake to Gaa-waabaabiganikaag-zaaga’igan (actual spelling).

We will keep changing the names of these lakes until we wash away all the guilt and we will not ever, and I mean ever, joke about the names of the lakes on internet threads about a malt shop.

I would like to go on record. I was offended by touchdownvikings joke. I was also offended by the incorrect name usage of the Lake by TNGopher. In addition I was offended by Dave H's joke about touchdownvikings having only 10 friends. It shows a complete lack of empathy for people who struggle to make interpersonal connections especially in a world were we are increasingly distant emotionally and physically from each other.

Shame on all of you.

I would like to go on record. I was offended by touchdownvikings joke. I was also offended by the incorrect name usage of the Lake by TNGopher. In addition I was offended by Dave H's joke about touchdownvikings having only 10 friends. It shows a complete lack of empathy for people who struggle to make interpersonal connections especially in a world were we are increasingly distant emotionally and physically from each other.

Shame on all of you.
Isn't Harriet still called Harriet? I thought that Calhoun was the lake with the name change to Bde Maka Ska

Shame on all of you.
And never, ever play Scrabble with Bob.

Great news, can we work on getting BIG10 Subs to reopen as well.
I still can't believe they couldn't or wouldn't relocate the restaurant somewhere else on campus. That one still stings. Happy to hear Annie's is on the way back, though. Both were my absolute favorite places to eat on campus.

Top Bottom