All Things Turd Sandwiches

The Bad gers going to the B1G final game simply shows how bad the B1G has been this year in comparison to other conferences. We will be lucky to get two teams in the Sweet 16.

In two of the last three seasons, the Big Ten has placed only one team in the final 16. There were two in the remaining one. If the conference fails to get two this season, that won't be unusual in recent history.

Is there going to be a Tournament Pool again this year?

Getting to play in the ncaa is what is important.

Mn can't.

Because.
I highly disagree.

I think losing to a 16-seed completely ruins the season.

And I think making the Sweet-16 should be the goal of most P6 teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, & Minnesota. NOT advancing to the semis of the conference tournament or anything like that.

Should Purdue be happy about winning the B1G Tourney last year?

Does anyone remember who was runner-up?

The Sweet-16 is what's important. Not Round-of-32. Sweet-16. Therefore...would you rather play a 4-seed to get there...or a 1 or 2-seed ?

Do you use your own brains? Or do you only go by what you're told by somebody 'official' in a suit-&-tie ?
No one will remember any of this this once the NCAA brackets are announced.

I'd rather have a 12 seed than a 7 or 8 seed.
7 seeds advance to the Sweet 16 more often than 12 seeds.

While 8 seeds advance less often than 12s to the S16, the 8s go to the Regional Finals, Final 4 and Championship more often. Based on that, I would rather be an 8. Hands down. 12s have never gone to the Final 4.

If the only goal is to reach the Sweet 16, then sure avoiding the 8/9 helps achieve that goal. Otherwise the better the seed, the higher percentage of advancing.

Your comment also does not apply to Wisconsin, they got a 5. Much better odds historically.

Not sure how much this week helped that, but I'm sure they are more optimistic given how they played down the stretch of the regular season.

Having said all that, they are guaranteed nothing in the future, obviously.

7 seeds advance to the Sweet 16 more often than 12 seeds.

While 8 seeds advance less often than 12s to the S16, the 8s go to the Regional Finals, Final 4 and Championship more often. Based on that, I would rather be an 8. Hands down. 12s have never gone to the Final 4.

If the only goal is to reach the Sweet 16, then sure avoiding the 8/9 helps achieve that goal. Otherwise the better the seed, the higher percentage of advancing.

Your comment also does not apply to Wisconsin, they got a 5. Much better odds historically.

Not sure how much this week helped that, but I'm sure they are more optimistic given how they played down the stretch of the regular season.

Having said all that, they are guaranteed nothing in the future, obviously.
James Madison is a tough mid-major for Becky to play in the 1st round. I look for Becky to be one and done.

Top Bottom