All Things Turd Sandwiches

Maybe I'm older than you guys...or have a better memory or something. I'm certainly less likely to go along with the changing times with no questions asked.

In the past, we'd be on the bubble. It wasn't all about computers.
I doubt we would have been on the bubble in the past, either. Selection will have the details but I believe there’s been computer ratings on some degree since at least the mid 90’s. Your supposition that we are on the bubble is simply wrong. Just because you disagree with the system doesn’t make you right. You’re not selecting. The committee is. And I’m decrepit. Unlikely you are much older than I am if at all.

Yeah, to help you pretend you're a good team.

What have the Badgers done for you lately Bob?
For me, I guess losing a bunch of games lately has made me happy. I'm not so sure they did that for me though.

In the off-season, you were raving about how great Nolan & Trevor Winter are. Even saying that Trevor is a Final Four and NBA player...turning technicalities into tremendous exaggerations.

Now, with Ben's ground-up rebuild improving us to a bubble-team along with Wisconsin...your focus is back to the non-conference schedule. Unbelievable.
I was not raving about Nolan Winter, you're crazy. I was actually dead wrong and said I preferred Betts.

As to my focus on the non-conference schedule, I actually didn't blast it at all. I was bored with our nonconference, but I incorrectly thought it wouldn't make a difference. It has turned out that it has made a difference.

Maybe I'm older than you guys...or have a better memory or something. I'm certainly less likely to go along with the changing times with no questions asked.

In the past, we'd be on the bubble. It wasn't all about computers.
It's not up to you. You can argue we should be on the bubble but you cannot argue we are on the bubble.

You said I'd take half of Gard's results over the next 10 years.

Which would be 1 Round-of-32 appearance. We can't count Gard's first year-and-a-half with his inherited team...that's non-applicable.
No, I said in the last ten years. We're comparing apples to apples, not apples to orange seeds.

I doubt we would have been on the bubble in the past, either. Selection will have the details but I believe there’s been computer ratings on some degree since at least the mid 90’s. Your supposition that we are on the bubble is simply wrong. Just because you disagree with the system doesn’t make you right. You’re not selecting. The committee is. And I’m decrepit. Unlikely you are much older than I am if at all.
It's not up to you. You can argue we should be on the bubble but you cannot argue we are on the bubble.
In the past, we'd be on the bubble.

We have to win our last 2 games, of course. But 20-11 (11-9) would get us very close to 3rd Place in the Big Ten. At that point, a couple B1G Tourney wins should get us in for sure.

At least in the past. If it's strictly computers now, then that's a different story.

I was not raving about Nolan Winter, you're crazy. I was actually dead wrong and said I preferred Betts.

As to my focus on the non-conference schedule, I actually didn't blast it at all. I was bored with our nonconference, but I incorrectly thought it wouldn't make a difference. It has turned out that it has made a difference.
Not to dwell on it lol...but...

You were one of the MANY here that was piling-on when Nolan announced for Wisconsin. Lamenting that we couldn't keep a "Legacy" recruit. You kept telling me that I couldn't deny that Trevor was an NBA player.

I can't remember what you actually said about Nolan. But you greatly exaggerated how good Trevor was.

All I'm saying is that there are several on here who exaggerate how great Wisconsin is.

You were one of the MANY here that was piling-on when Nolan announced for Wisconsin. Lamenting that we couldn't keep a "Legacy" recruit. You kept telling me that I couldn't deny that Trevor was an NBA player.

I can't remember what you actually said about Nolan. But you greatly exaggerated how good Trevor was.

All I'm saying is that there are several on here who exaggerate how great Wisconsin is.
MNJay.... is that you?

No, I wasn't. I can bump the Jack Robinson thread if you'd like.

I was in the camp that losing out on Jack Robinson and Nolan Winter wasn't that big of a deal. I preferred Betts to Winter. I am looking dead wrong in that assessment, but that was my stance.

As far as Trevor, I didn't exaggerate. I never implied he was great. I just said he was an important piece of a Final 4 team. He played 15 minutes per game on that team (3 minutes more per game than Fox plays on this team). He was one of our key reserves. It's a fact. The only reserve who played more than him was Quincy Lewis and he played 17 minutes per game to Trevor's 15.5 minutes per game.

In the past, we'd be on the bubble.

We have to win our last 2 games, of course. But 20-11 (11-9) would get us very close to 3rd Place in the Big Ten. At that point, a couple B1G Tourney wins should get us in for sure.

At least in the past. If it's strictly computers now, then that's a different story.
I'm with you. But the past 10 years has seen many more mid majors invited. Gophers IMO are as good as any team that is going to sit in that 8-13 seed range. But they won't make it unless they win the BTT.

Part of that is playing a non-con full of patsies and part of it is not beating any good teams. MSU, Nebraska and NWern are our best wins. None of those teams are really any good IMO and/or better than the Gophers. All 3 of them are going to the dance as of right now.

Mich St. gets credit for scheduling good teams but not beating many. They did beat Illinois and Baylor though...

The Bad gers going to the B1G final game simply shows how bad the B1G has been this year in comparison to other conferences. We will be lucky to get two teams in the Sweet 16.

No one will remember any of this this once the NCAA brackets are announced.

I'd rather have a 12 seed than a 7 or 8 seed.
I was there, so I will remember it.

You're seeding comment is ill informed.

The Badgers going to the B1G final game simply shows how bad the B1G has been this year in comparison to other conferences. We will be lucky to get two teams in the Sweet 16.

It also simply shows a reminder how far the Gopher program continues to be behind Wisconsin.

No one west of the St Croix will remember any of this once the brackets are announced, you mean, right?

Go Illini! Having Iowa and Wisconsin come in to Minneapolis and win both the Women's and Men's Tournaments would be quite the kick in the nuts. Apparently the "U" invests in a titanium cup though as stuff like this doesn't seem to bother them. There will be two teams from Iowa in the NCAA tournament this year, two teams from Wisconsin, and two teams from Nebraska! Yet we have "fans" in the media who actually get paychecks from the "U" claiming how hard it is to win here...Imagine the excuses those programs could make.

Your seeding comment is ill informed.

Not to mention 7/8 seeds can win the whole dang thing! 12s are fun, but really not even a threat.

We are now adding that the 12 seed is better than the 7 seed to your hard hitting analysis that it is better if all of our top players play poorly? We need to get you a show on ESPN to spread those hot takes!

We are now adding that the 12 seed is better than the 7 seed to your hard hitting analysis that it is better if all of our top players play poorly? We need to get you a show on ESPN to spread those hot takes!
I read a lot of college hoops takes on the internet, but Pilgrim's recent comments are some of the worst I think I've ever read. Thought it was parody at first. He's the skip bayless of gopherhole.

I was there, so I will remember it.

You're seeding comment is ill informed.
No one west of the St Croix will remember any of this once the brackets are announced, you mean, right?
I read a lot of college hoops takes on the internet, but Pilgrim's recent comments are some of the worst I think I've ever read. Thought it was parody at first. He's the skip bayless of gopherhole.
Should Purdue be happy about winning the B1G Tourney last year?

Does anyone remember who was runner-up?

The Sweet-16 is what's important. Not Round-of-32. Sweet-16. Therefore...would you rather play a 4-seed to get there...or a 1 or 2-seed ?

Do you use your own brains? Or do you only go by what you're told by somebody 'official' in a suit-&-tie ?

Definitely earlier than that. The Sagarin ratings were carried by USA Today since 1985. The preferred initial index (RPI) was created in 1981.

Go Illini! Having Iowa and Wisconsin come in to Minneapolis and win both the Women's and Men's Tournaments would be quite the kick in the nuts. Apparently the "U" invests in a titanium cup though as stuff like this doesn't seem to bother them. There will be two teams from Iowa in the NCAA tournament this year, two teams from Wisconsin, and two teams from Nebraska! Yet we have "fans" in the media who actually get paychecks from the "U" claiming how hard it is to win here...Imagine the excuses those programs could make.
As long as we remember the following, it's all good:

Minnesota
Cant

Should Purdue be happy about winning the B1G Tourney last year?

Does anyone remember who was runner-up?

The Sweet-16 is what's important. Not Round-of-32. Sweet-16. Therefore...would you rather play a 4-seed to get there...or a 1 or 2-seed ?

Do you use your own brains? Or do you only go by what you're told by somebody 'official' in a suit-&-tie ?
Getting to play in the ncaa is what is important.

Mn can't.

Because.

Top Bottom