All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

I'm anxious to see how this all comes out.

ugly >> Cops tell TMZ, "The victim said she had lied earlier because the suspect played for the NBA and did not want the incident to damage his career."

Law enforcement also tells us, "The victim stated that White had assaulted her after she became angered by his advances toward her friend."

Cops say the incident is "under investigation" -- and so far, no charges have been filed against the 22-year-old NBA player.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... Tania claims Royce also grabbed a candleholder and threw at at her during the altercation ... but it missed, instead smashing into a mirror and causing it to shatter. <<

she should have told him that she was a flight attendant. THAT would have stopped the advances.

Royce White named worst player in NBA by ESPN

The Sixers can consider themselves 1-0 in coming in last at something.

Royce White, who was acquired by the team in the offseason, was named the worst player in the NBA by ESPN in their annual player rankings. This is the second time in three years the Sixers have found themselves at the bottom of the list, with LaVoy Allen coming in at 500 two seasons ago.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2013/09/philly_sports_links_royce_whit.html

Go Gophers!!

This is the longest and most absurd story since "Synecdoche New York."

Royce White is making his NBA (pre-season) debut tonight. According to Jeff Goodman, picked up 4 fouls in about 45 seconds.

Pretty underwhelming debut for Royce. Had a nice coast-to-coast layup, a few rebounds and a steal. I've never seen four fouls in less than three minutes before. Impressed.

Trevor was paid over $50,000 per foul committed.

CBS: Report: 76ers release Royce White

Just a year after he first opened his NBA career, then with the Houston Rockets, Royce White's career is reportedly over for the time being.

White, who struggles with anxiety disorder and who clashed with Rockets officials constantly in Houston, was thought to have been turning over a new leaf with a tanking rebuilding Philadelphia team. White, who does struggle with the condition but also routinely has clashed with anyone attempting to build structure around him.

He was traded on July 5th from Houston to Philly as a move between 76ers GM Sam Hinkie and his former boss Daryl Morey. In mid-October, he did actually play in a preseason game, and coach Brett Brown had expressed hope that White could hold onto a spot. But apparently not.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24132467/report-76ers-release-royce-white

Go Gophers!!

Career over. Thread over? I hope so, no need to talk about him on a Gopher message board.

On the bright side, this will give Royce more time to spend time with all his kids.

Now that his antics possibly screwed the pooch with regards to a lucrative NBA career, there's just that little trivial matter of having the financial means to support his kids.

On the bright side, this will give Royce more time to spend time with all his kids.

Now that his antics possibly screwed the pooch with regards to a lucrative NBA career, there's just that little trivial matter of having the financial means to support his kids.

I hope that some of our local recruits take note on this. I'd never suggest that the spiral I fear that Royce's life will soon take on is a result of him not picking the Gophers. Nor am I going to do the "HE'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN," Sid-Hartman line. However, I think recruits should be prepared for the possibility that they're not going to realize their dreams of a long, prosperous career, for whatever reason, and that they'll need their education and support network to fall back on. It's also why I think recruits should think carefully about staying home, especially in a place like Minnesota with a thriving business community. If Royce (with plenty of help from Maturi) hadn't burned his bridges in this community, I think he'd probably have an easier time getting help from business leaders in town who'd like having a local sports hero involved in their company. Just a thought.

He can now turn his attention to the long line of record companies vying for his musical talents. It pays to be multi-talented. Of course, the record companies are probably part of the conspiracy against him and his condition.

I hope that some of our local recruits take note on this. I'd never suggest that the spiral I fear that Royce's life will soon take on is a result of him not picking the Gophers. Nor am I going to do the "HE'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN," Sid-Hartman line. However, I think recruits should be prepared for the possibility that they're not going to realize their dreams of a long, prosperous career, for whatever reason, and that they'll need their education and support network to fall back on. It's also why I think recruits should think carefully about staying home, especially in a place like Minnesota with a thriving business community. If Royce (with plenty of help from Maturi) hadn't burned his bridges in this community, I think he'd probably have an easier time getting help from business leaders in town who'd like having a local sports hero involved in their company. Just a thought.

Yep, that's what we love to tell ourselves. No evidence to support it, but it makes us feel better.

Look for him to go independent with his own label and you-tube videos. Finishing touches on his video premiere entitled, "What does the White Say?" should be out shortly.

He can now turn his attention to the long line of record companies vying for his musical talents. It pays to be multi-talented. Of course, the record companies are probably part of the conspiracy against him and his condition.

Yep, that's what we love to tell ourselves. No evidence to support it, but it makes us feel better.

To be clear, I wasn't saying that recruits DO look at that, I'm saying that they SHOULD.

Look for him to go independent with his own label and you-tube videos. Finishing touches on his video premiere entitled, "What does the White Say?" should be out shortly.

Quite honestly I hope it's great work and this turns out to be his calling. No matter a person's struggles, I don't begrudge anyone success and enjoyment in what they do.

He also plans to have a clothing line and produce movies along with music career.

Sounds like a quick way to blow what's left of his 6mil.

-sorry for the double post, no idea why it did that.

As you (sort of) say later, Royce did pick Minnesota, he just didn't play here.

The way I figure it jmag, Maturi did NOT burn White's bridges, Royce did that on his own. All Maturi did was not allow the flames to get out of control.

Not sure I would describe him as such.

The way I figure it jmag, Maturi did NOT burn White's bridges, Royce did that on his own. All Maturi did was not allow the flames to get out of control.

Yep. None of that was Maturi's fault. All on Royce.

Quite honestly I hope it's great work and this turns out to be his calling. No matter a person's struggles, I don't begrudge anyone success and enjoyment in what they do.

Yeah, I agree with you. Basketball is just a game. I hope Royce finds peace and contentment in something that is fulfilling for him.

Yep. None of that was Maturi's fault. All on Royce.

I am certainly no fan of what Maturi did while at the U, but I completely agree in this case. Royce created his own mess in that case and has been doing so ever since.

Top Bottom