All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

Royce told me that he is planning on playing Monday. They play in the second of two games.

Chris Monter

Royce is a first class loser. Can't wait until he officially falls out of the league so we never have to hear about him ever again.

Hate to admit it, but I've become a closet fan of the longest active slow motion train wreck in existence. At this point I'd be kinda sorry to see it fizzle out.

Fly him to the moon
Let him sing among those stars
Let him see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars
In other words, hold his hand

Royce told me that he is planning on playing Monday. They play in the second of two games.

Chris Monter

Thanks Chris! Regardless of the other stuff, he's a heck of a player and would be cool to watch him again. Since we never had the chance at the U.

How the hell did he play on the road at Iowa State? He flew then, why can't he now?

Heck of a quote:

Royce White is ready to play in the NBA – probably for the Philadelphia 76ers, once the trade from Houston becomes official.

But making 100 plane flights during a season?

“Hell no,” the former Iowa State basketball star said after playing for the Walnut Creek YMCA Wednesday night in the YMCA Capital City League at Valley Southwoods Freshman High School.

“One hundred flights would be like if you’re allergic to peanut butter – it’d be like spreading your whole body with it.”

Go Gophers!!

Watched on Dr. Phil the anxiety attacks were a result of marihuana use. Good luck suing

Put up some video of Royce from tonight. Feel like my fingers got jammed just from watching him throw some of those bullet passes. Fun player to watch.

Is it normal for lottery picks to ball with this level of talent during the off season? I know there is no such thing as "normal" with this guy, but it seems odd, like the NFL'er that comes home during the off season to play tackle football with kids from his high school.

Is it normal for lottery picks to ball with this level of talent during the off season? I know there is no such thing as "normal" with this guy, but it seems odd, like the NFL'er that comes home during the off season to play tackle football with kids from his high school.

Royce wasn't quite a lottery pick, but it's not unusual for NBA players (including star players) to play in these leagues. I think a change in the new CBA went into effect this year where there are some additional requirements (NBA permission(s)), but that hasn't been a big issue for leagues across the country.

What impressed and surprised me about Royce a lot too, wasn't his abilities as much as it was how he interacted with his teammates and he seemed like a very good passer. Looked like guys really enjoyed playing with him.

I know Johnny Gopher posted something to the contrary about his time with the Gophers, but I did only see one game obviously and he may have grown from his days playing here as well.

Put up some video of Royce from tonight. Feel like my fingers got jammed just from watching him throw some of those bullet passes. Fun player to watch.

This might sound ridiculous, but with his size, ballhandling ability and passing, his highlights bring to mind a poor man's version of Lebron James. (OK, very poor man's version, but how many 270 Ib forwards do you see handling the ball like that?) So much talent, so wasted.

This might sound ridiculous, but with his size, ballhandling ability and passing, his highlights bring to mind a poor man's version of Lebron James. (OK, very poor man's version, but how many 270 Ib forwards do you see handling the ball like that?) So much talent, so wasted.

Feel the same way. He is a less athletic version of LBJ. Which is still a huge compliment. The other team couldn't play man if they wanted to.

And I know this is the Royce White thread, but I thought Troy Bell looked awesome last night too. Played a pretty good game.

Chip Scoggins: Royce White and NBA need common ground

“The medical people who are in the medical field would advocate that, if I’m having some anxiety issues or some stress issues related to my disorder, that would be considered a medical excuse,” he said. “Obviously there are people who feel otherwise. It’s really complex, but those are the facts.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/215930261.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

according to his own twitter account, royce fathered yet another girl last night or early this morning. glad to hear the little girl and mom are healthy. also interesting to see royce's anxiety doesn't extend to the bedroom. he's got 4-5 kids now.

One loser begets how many more losers? Jesus Christ, Royce, get snipped.

Apparently if you are a 5-star recruit from MN that signs with MN, you are required to end up on TMZ.

Not to make light of the matter though, Royce is accused of and being investigated for domestic abuse. Hopefully this isn't true, but it certainly seems Royce has a few things he needs to get in order. Hopefully he does that and can still manage a productive, healthy, life.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/04/royce-white-under-investigation-domestic-violence/

Blame it on anxiety disorder and get more sympathy.

Is he really an 'NBA Player' if he's never actually played in an NBA game?

ugly >> Cops tell TMZ, "The victim said she had lied earlier because the suspect played for the NBA and did not want the incident to damage his career."

Law enforcement also tells us, "The victim stated that White had assaulted her after she became angered by his advances toward her friend."

Cops say the incident is "under investigation" -- and so far, no charges have been filed against the 22-year-old NBA player.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... Tania claims Royce also grabbed a candleholder and threw at at her during the altercation ... but it missed, instead smashing into a mirror and causing it to shatter. <<

Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanCablinasian

If nothing else, Royce White guaranteed himself 7 more years of bad luck by breaking that mirror

Top Bottom