All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

I'm a Fleck fan...and this is ridiculous. FSU or Notre Dame the only 'helmet schools' that might at some point (2-3 bad years) take a look at Fleck.

This is ironic.

True story.

Decided to engage dejected Sparty fans after the game on the Green Line back to the West Bank for Lot 86. As part of banter one made comment about who'd be their new coach and I said well don't give them $80 million out of the gate. Another came back and said well it was over 10 years...and we all agreed that was too long...but then another jumped in and said unless it was Urban Meyer...then 100+ not out of the question. No one countered that observation...

Stranger things have happened for sure...

I still think Fleck is the right guy for Minnesota; but the longer he is here, the kookier he seems to get...which is fine, but I don't know if his kookiness would go over well in a place like Michigan.

I still think Fleck is the right guy for Minnesota; but the longer he is here, the kookier he seems to get...which is fine, but I don't know if his kookiness would go over well in a place like Michigan.
Michigan currently employs one of the few coaches who is kookier than PJ. Now he's a "Michigan Man" so maybe that's how he gets away with it, but Harbaugh is definitely one of the weirdest guys in CFB.

Michigan currently employs one of the few coaches who is kookier than PJ. Now he's a "Michigan Man" so maybe that's how he gets away with it, but Harbaugh is definitely one of the weirdest guys in CFB.
You're not a fan of slumber parties? :)

I'm a Fleck fan...and this is ridiculous. FSU or Notre Dame the only 'helmet schools' that might at some point (2-3 bad years) take a look at Fleck.
Fleck is a much better coach than Harbaugh. It's not close.

But Michigan doesn't need someome to whirlwind up an underdog program. They need a discrete CEO.

But Michigan doesn't need someome to whirlwind up an underdog program. They need a discrete CEO.
Wait, what? I'm probably the biggest PJ supporter/defender that exists but Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in football.

If he wins -- they will put up with it just fine, but if he loses -- they will turn on him very fast!!

PJ may have some kookiness -- but he is OUR kook and I just don't see anyone coming in and doing better than he has. Hope he stays for a long, long time here (well as long as he wins!! haha)

If he wins -- they will put up with it just fine, but if he loses -- they will turn on him very fast!!

PJ may have some kookiness -- but he is OUR kook and I just don't see anyone coming in and doing better than he has. Hope he stays for a long, long time here (well as long as he wins!! haha)
Which is also why I think he stays...the is always hotter in a place like Ann Arbor.
Plus, slogans and acronyms might totally disrupt the plans laid out in the "Michigan Manifesto".

Which is also why I think he stays...the is always hotter in a place like Ann Arbor.
Plus, slogans and acronyms might totally disrupt the plans laid out in the "Michigan Manifesto".
I'm not saying PJ will or won't leave (or that he will even have a chance to), but every year people say "why would you go to that job where there's so much more pressure?" and every year top candidates go to these pressure packed jobs. CFB coaches are highly competitive and often quite arrogant. I don't think high expectations are going to scare them off.

Your on crack. Jim Harbaugh is a top 5 coach.. PJ we won’t know until he gets a few top 10 national recruiting classes.

I hate Harbaugh but he is a better coach than P.J. Urban Meyer to MSU would be an absolute bombshell. Do you think he still has it in him after the massive failure in Jacksonville?

I hate Harbaugh but he is a better coach than P.J. Urban Meyer to MSU would be an absolute bombshell. Do you think he still has it in him after the massive failure in Jacksonville?
That is debatable, for sure. He seems to bring, and then leave, baggage at most of his stops. If he did go there and have it a top 10 program in 3 years, it would help rebuild his coaching legacy a bit. I have little doubt he'd be able to recruit top 10-15 classes immediately, and pull in some big transfers.

Last edited:

Top Bottom