All Things Michael Hurt Rochester JM (Class of 2016)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hurt, not hurting.

He averaged 21 pts, 8.3 reb, 3.6 ass, 1.4 stls, 1.4 blocks as a 6-7 JR, last year.
He hit 55 3's in 26 games.

This year his shot isn't dropping so he appears to be doing other things to contribute.
In his first two games as a 6-6 Sr he is 3 for 11 on 3's and shooting just 3 for 22 overall. 10.5 pts, 11 reb, 7.5 ass, 1.5 stls, 8 BLOCKS! It's early but having never seen him he must be pretty athletic to garner 8 blocks. Let's hope that outside shot returns soon. 7.5 assists is a crazy number for any player.

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/stat...1&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=1488826

Kid is going to get a quadruple double this season.

He averaged 21 pts, 8.3 reb, 3.6 ass, 1.4 stls, 1.4 blocks as a 6-7 JR, last year.

This year his shot isn't dropping so he appears to be doing other things to contribute.
In his first two games as a 6-6 Sr he is 3 for 11 on 3's and shooting just 3 for 22 overall. 10.5 pts, 11 reb, 7.5 ass, 1.5 stls, 8 BLOCKS! It's early but having never seen him he must be pretty athletic to garner 8 blocks. Let's hope that outside shot returns soon. 7.5 assists is a crazy number for any player.

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/stat...1&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=1488826

Anyone watched? I'm wondering how many guys they're throwing at him. Very impressive numbers. Always like a guy who fills up the stat sheet.

Ryan James said on a podcast that Michael Hurt has a 6'10" wingspan, so maybe that has something to do with his shot blocking numbers.

Go Gophers!!

Michael is averaging 14.2ppg/10.6rpg/9apg/4.4bpg/1.8spg through 5 games and is shooting 40.6% from three. Incredibly impressive all-around production from Hurt.

Michael scored 38 points, grabbed 8 boards and dished out 10 assists tonight in a win over Prior Lake.

I'm looking forward to watching Michael play next year and beyond.

I saw a tweet somewhere that Hurt is nearly averaging a triple double. Quite impressive.

Everyone is so pumped for Coffey and I am too, but wow if Hurt can come in and contribute right away this will really help the program. He already sounds like he could fill many of the minutes that are going to King

Michael Hurt

Shot blocking numbers are down to a more expected 3 per game now. 6-6 with a 6-10 wingspan is probably average. He has good timing, basketball IQ, and a good shooting stroke. He will be a solid player it just might take a year or two to add muscle.

Ryan James said on a podcast that Michael Hurt has a 6'10" wingspan, so maybe that has something to do with his shot blocking numbers.

Anyone thats seen him, is he more of a set shooter a la Joey King or Blake Hoffarber or is he a jump shooter?

King is listed at 6-9 240lbs. I believe Hurt is 6-6 190. But yes their ability to shoot outside is similar. Shane Schilling was about that size, athletic, with a good stroke. Shane never panned out and he had an unusually low shot form his chest. Hurt is putting up some crazy numbers, hopefully they will make it far tourney time.

Everyone is so pumped for Coffey and I am too, but wow if Hurt can come in and contribute right away this will really help the program. He already sounds like he could fill many of the minutes that are going to King

How is he defensively? Does he have the quickness?

Was at the game today, he's very full of energy and is a quick thinker. Don't think he'll be a great defender at the college level, but don't think he'll be terrible either. Good timing on blocks.

Go Gophers!!

The Hurt brothers were very impressive in blowing out an athletic Milwaukee team today at the Timberwolves Shootout. Both are great shooters with a tremendous feel for the game. Theo John and McKinley Wright looked good for Champlin Park in their game but the Hurt brothers were much better overall. Matthew is a Stauskas type player who will contribute from day 1 IMO. His defense is more than adequate.

PiPress: Gophers recruit Michael Hurt enjoying one last season with his brother

Michael Hurt was with his future University of Minnesota teammates at Williams Arena on his official visit in the fall when he beat everyone on the team in a shooting contest.

Whenever the Gophers have struggled making shots this season -- and that has been often -- the 6-foot-6 Rochester John Marshall senior imagines himself out on the court giving them a lift.

"I wish I could come out there right now and help them out," Hurt said. "It's kind of tough."

Hurt, who joins Hopkins' Amir Coffey and Eric Curry in Minnesota's 2016 recruiting class, hears a lot from friends and fans about the Gophers' struggles this season. Minnesota has lost six of its past seven games to drop to 6-8.

"But he loves the Gophers," said Hurt's father, Richard.

"He gets along so well with Richard Pitino and (assistant) Ben Johnson. Those are his guys."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_29338965/gophers-recruit-michael-hurt-enjoying-one-last-season

Go Gophers!!

The Hurt brothers were very impressive in blowing out an athletic Milwaukee team today at the Timberwolves Shootout. Both are great shooters with a tremendous feel for the game. Theo John and McKinley Wright looked good for Champlin Park in their game but the Hurt brothers were much better overall. Matthew is a Stauskas type player who will contribute from day 1 IMO. His defense is more than adequate.

Can we just let our freshmen be freshmen? The expectations for underclassmen on this board is absolutely rediculous.

Can we just let our freshmen be freshmen? The expectations for underclassmen on this board is absolutely rediculous.

Hear, hear. The number of guys who were going to contribute from day 1 is nearly as long as the number of commitments.

Hear, hear. The number of guys who were going to contribute from day 1 is nearly as long as the number of commitments.

He will provide something the Gophers really need, a good shooter, the defenses he will face will be a bit different than he's seeing now but that ability to stretch a defense is really going to help not unlike what Murphy is doing this year with rebounding. He may not start but he is going to get court time next year. He's much better than I would have thought.

He will provide something the Gophers really need, a good shooter, the defenses he will face will be a bit different than he's seeing now but that ability to stretch a defense is really going to help not unlike what Murphy is doing this year with rebounding. He may not start but he is going to get court time next year. He's much better than I would have thought.

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see how the minutes at the wing are divided. Does Fitz start, will we see sets with three of Mason, Dorsey, Coffey and McBreyer. Will Buggs start or be in the dog house, possibly transfer, the extremes are that big with him

Agreed. We like to build up our freshmen on this site and tear down our experienced players for whatever weaknesses they may have exhibited, to the point they are a wasted scholarship (i.e. Morris/King)

Went to the John Marshall game last night. Not sure what his numbers were, but this kid can shoot. Really tried to get his teammates involved but made shots himself when needed. Will have to play small forward and will not be relied upon for his rebounding. Terrible rebounder and really needs to work on that. Defense needs a lot of work as well. But seemed to have a great attitude and seems like a good kid.

I just saw a short clip about the Hurt brothers on WCCO TV. The clips I saw of Michael Hurt weren't terribly impressive. He seemed a step slow and slow in getting his shot off.
It was a small, small sample, but what does he do that gets him a offer from the U?

Sorry if this comes off as negative. I don't mean to be. You folks who have watched him play more often, please chime in and provide reasons why he will do better than Wally Ellenson.

I just saw a short clip about the Hurt brothers on WCCO TV. The clips I saw of Michael Hurt weren't terribly impressive. He seemed a step slow and slow in getting his shot off.
It was a small, small sample, but what does he do that gets him a offer from the U?

Sorry if this comes off as negative. I don't mean to be. You folks who have watched him play more often, please chime in and provide reasons why he will do better than Wally Ellenson.
A short clip? Are you kidding me? Better than Wally how could he do worse. By the way Wally couldn't shot and was suppose to be a great athlete, all the talk was about his high jumping. People bitch about instate kids not getting offers and then a kid who appears to be a great High School player gets one and a so called short clip deems him in your eyes not worthy of an offer? Negative, could you be more so?

Top Bottom