All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Mr and Mrs Parents of an Exceptional Athlete:
We would like your son or daughter to attend our private school. Tuition will be over $32,000. However, we do have a scholarship available for your family.
Let’s list the academic and environmental advantages of an education at our school.
90% of our students receive a college scholarship of some type. On and on....

Not too hard to see how they get athletes.

Mr and Mrs Parents of an Exceptional Athlete:
We would like your son or daughter to attend our private school. Tuition will be over $32,000. However, we do have a scholarship available for your family.
Let’s list the academic and environmental advantages of an education at our school.
90% of our students receive a college scholarship of some type. On and on....

Not too hard to see how they get athletes.

Your alternative is also often a much worse school. I went to CDH and many of my friends would have went to Johnson, Harding, Central, Minneapolis North, etc. There is nothing wrong with those schools, but we have to understand why a parent of a kid growing up in Minneapolis North might like the idea of their kid going to a private school.

Also, if they're a great athlete, you can point to a long list of the people who are on athletic scholarships at various schools that graduated from CDH, STA, BSM, etc.

Your alternative is also often a much worse school. I went to CDH and many of my friends would have went to Johnson, Harding, Central, Minneapolis North, etc. There is nothing wrong with those schools, but we have to understand why a parent of a kid growing up in Minneapolis North might like the idea of their kid going to a private school.

Also, if they're a great athlete, you can point to a long list of the people who are on athletic scholarships at various schools that graduated from CDH, STA, BSM, etc.

Unfortunately, not every student or athlete has a choice in school like you did.

As well, and related to the discussion, the way mshsl has things set-up, public schools can’t compete when scholarships are used to get athletes in addition to working the co-op rules as SMB has.

Exactly. Privates need their own divisions.

I was just wondering if there was a coaching hire or a commitment from the leadership at Minnehaha to drive their turn around. They really are producing the best athletes over the past couple of year and this is brand new I think. These kids in the past maybe would have gone to CDH or Hopkins.

I was just wondering if there was a coaching hire or a commitment from the leadership at Minnehaha to drive their turn around. They really are producing the best athletes over the past couple of year and this is brand new I think. These kids in the past maybe would have gone to CDH or Hopkins.
None of those star athletes you're seeing now in the past few years, were developed or went to school in Minnehaha feeder programs. Guessing they hired some specific coaches and those coaches brought in all the athletes to play on the school teams.

Football is really the only sport left where the school team actually matters. Most sports these days, the club (AAU in bball, for example) you play for is what matters for how you get developed and how you attract college attention.

Exactly. Privates need their own divisions.

Yeah, I am fine with that. It used to be that way too. I'm not sure it will have a tremendous result for the inner city schools the private schools are poaching, but the current model does not help them either.

Wow Kadan news must be slow as this thread continues with no new news
D1wf3pUUcAAsURC.jpg

Unfortunately, not every student or athlete has a choice in school like you did.

As well, and related to the discussion, the way mshsl has things set-up, public schools can’t compete when scholarships are used to get athletes in addition to working the co-op rules as SMB has.
Every kid does have this choice - it is up to the family and student to make the choice. It isn't that hard for students in a school like Minneapolis North to enroll in north or west suburb schools. Why do you think the North football team was down to 1A for a period of time? Majority of the students in the school bolted for other schools.

Every kid does have this choice - it is up to the family and student to make the choice. It isn't that hard for students in a school like Minneapolis North to enroll in north or west suburb schools. Why do you think the North football team was down to 1A for a period of time? Majority of the students in the school bolted for other schools.

I was referring to private schools and families having the money to make the “choice”

Oregon State makes zero sense. Must be guaranteeing a starting role next year? Have fun in the rain, at an Ag school with low female count, out in the middle no where s___ty Oregon farm country.

Wisc and Neb have to be the real front runners.

Oregon State makes zero sense. Must be guaranteeing a starting role next year? Have fun in the rain, at an Ag school with low female count, out in the middle no where s___ty Oregon farm country.

Oregon farm country is very scenic.

Corvallis is not very far from I-5. I'm not saying it has the greatest amenities, but it's far from total isolation as say Pullman, WA.

I was referring to private schools and families having the money to make the “choice”

Most private schools, especially the religious in nature, have need based scholarships, many of which go unused. Actually go to a private school sometime and you will see kids from all walks of life.

Top Bottom