All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Go away. It is people like you that keep kids from coming here.
No it’s people who mock pj fleck and Minnesota sports and lack of ppl who care that drives our kids out. Ur not a real fan if ur not bothered by our kids going to our arch rivals and getting our asses consistently

u ban hammers I’ll just create a new username and email not that hard. Next year when I go to a game I’ll let u know what seat I’m in. Pack ur lunch if u got problems with me you’ll prolly need it

Wisconsin and Iowa are well established programs who have managed to pretty much secure their borders for the most part. Minnesota is getting there soon enough.

Not very many kids are like Carter Coughlin. He decided to stay home and help build the program. Highly ranked kids have a lot of options. Many will go where they perceive (right or wrong) their chances of making it into the pros is greater. Others simply want to move away from home to experience something new. Some just don't buy into PJ Fleck.

The Gophers came close. Had they beaten Iowa, they would've been in the Big Ten Championship and have gone to the Rose Bowl.

The Gophers will continue to bleed off instate talent until they start winning championships. You can't fault the instate kids for deciding to go elsewhere. That is par for the course. The Gophers have to go elsewhere to get the talent to elevate the program. Maybe even better replacements. It is not an easy task. IMHO, the current coaches give the Gophers the best chance to turn around the program and reach the level of Wisconsin.

I have to admit. Losing OLB Kaden Johnson the top Minnesota player to Wiscy hurts. They signed Itayvion Brown and Jaqwondis Burns - two pretty good looking OLBs. We won't know how good any of this athletes are until maybe three years down the road.

Four Star OLs are difficult to get. Losing the top OL from the state like Quinn Carroll and Bryce Benhart last year, and Riley Mahlman (2021 to Wisconsin), and soon to be Joe Alt (2021 to Iowa) hurts. They signed three Offensive Linemen in this class that they probably can develop into Big Ten linemen - Merrillville IND massive OT Martes Lewis 6' 7" 320 lbs, K.C. MO OT Aireontae Ersery 6' 5" 295 lbs, and massive Canadian (Clearwater FLA) OG Tyrell Lawrence 6' 7" 344 lbs. We'll see in two years time in the Gophers developmental program how good these guys are.

One thing is certain. The Gophers will improve and will go anywhere to get the best players possible.

Last edited:

u ban hammers I’ll just create a new username and email not that hard. Next year when I go to a game I’ll let u know what seat I’m in. Pack ur lunch if u got problems with me you’ll prolly need it
Are you a grad student or PhD?

Sure. Okay. I was more specifically responding to the previous post that I quoted. You’re comment furthers the advantage that private schools have over public schools.

It's your, not you're, which might further my point of the advantage of private over public schools;).

Hopefully the loser breaks his knee or something early on over there
I don't care how disgruntled you are you, never and I mean never should wish ill will on a players health and well being. It is only a game and the student athlete made a decision that he thought was in his best interest. I don't like it any more than you do. It is done, so put it to bed and forget about it.

Ooooh another internet tough guy. Hope your 6th year in Community College goes well.

Wow.... Kids.... These are kids making decisions about THEIR future. Not mine, not yours.... THEIRS.... You dont have to like it or argree with it . but fucking respect it... Christ

Agreed. Let this thread die.

Not so fast...

6MAgMdb.gif

An Auburn fan is on here making fun of our academics? Wow. That's definitely a first.
Not everyone can attend Harvard.........oh, wait. What's in the water up there that makes y'all think you're shit doesn't stink? You need to visit the west side of the Gulf of Mexico and see that it in fact does!

Not everyone can attend Harvard.........oh, wait. What's in the water up there that makes y'all think you're shit doesn't stink? You need to visit the west side of the Gulf of Mexico and see that it in fact does!
You're shtick is boring.

I'm so glad they made it faster to ignore people with the new UI. Thanks GopherHole mods!

I couldn't care less where the recruit is from. If the MN kids want to go out of state, thats fine. The Gophers are doing an outstanding job recruiting non-MN kids. Gophers are in good shape.

Did anyone watch him play at all? I have heard the Tarzan/Jane analogy from many. This is long before he chose Wisconsin. I'm curious what some who have seen him play have to say.

Top Bottom