All Things Isaiah Whitehead Thread UPDATED 9/18: Whitehead to Seton Hall

At least when he picks another team, Rich can spend valuable time elsewhere.

It would be far more shocking to go to MN than stay close to home at Seton Hall IMO. With this kid, you just don't know what he will decide. With that said, I don't think MN has much of a shot.

MN would definitely be the most shocking based on various factors.

I'm done trying to interpret what Whitehead is thinking. This kid has been all over the place. He might still think shocking the world is picking St. John's, even though just about everyone is predicting that.

I'm done trying to interpret what Whitehead is thinking. This kid has been all over the place. He might still think shocking the world is picking St. John's, even though just about everyone is predicting that.

not to mention that this kid is way more likely to change his mind later....if he's really waiting to suddenly make a decision today, what's to say he won't have changed his mind by October?

not to mention that this kid is way more likely to change his mind later....if he's really waiting to suddenly make a decision today, what's to say he won't have changed his mind by October?

:clap: What if he catches his girlfriend cheating? Or decides he ended things to early and wants some more recruiting hype?

The Twitter world is now saying it will be a surprise if Whitehead doesn't pick Seton Hall.

The Twitter world is now saying it will be a surprise if Whitehead doesn't pick Seton Hall.

The last two crystal ball predictions made late last night have him going to Seton Hall. But after that it's about 30 St. John's predictions made in the last three days.

As I hold out just a little hope it is actually Minnesota, did we get an in-home visit with him last week?

As I hold out just a little hope it is actually Minnesota, did we get an in-home visit with him last week?

Yes, we visited him last Wednesday as did Pitt. I think reports were that it went well, but nothing super encouraging.

Yes, we visited him last Wednesday as did Pitt. I think reports were that it went well, but nothing super encouraging.

shock the world statement by IW + we did get the in home visit = chip, chair, chance for the GOphers?!

I respect Whitehead if he chooses St. Johns. Being a 5 star recruit and choosing to stay home and play ball when the home school is far removed from consistent success is not an easy decision. I hope to heck he is still weighing options but its likely he stays home. Also, a New York kid playing ball at Madison Square Garden is kind of cool.. gotta admit.

We can only hope Vaugh or Travis realize the grass is not always greener...

Exactly. Couldn't blame him for that. Helps that we have a few hometown kids that we wouldn't mind having that same mindset.

Can't wait to get LaChance and Martin on campus this weekend. That is the real recruiting event of the week. Whitehead is gone, which sucks since he was my #1 target.

We could really use a guy like Josh Martin with Reid Travis looking like he is very intrigued by Duke. Lachance would be a huge pickup as well. Two ESPN top 100 recruits.

Call me crazy, but I think we still have a pretty good shot at Whitehead. We've consitently been on his list of schools, in-home visit supposedly went well, tweet says he's going to shock the world (take that for what you want). Just seems like we've been towards the front of his list a while and had a good relationship. I guess we can only see.

Both Seton Hall and St. Johns are offering an assistant job to Whitehead's coach for next season. It's over.

Ain't going to surprise me at all when I see there's an Isaiah Whitehead recruiting scandal on a bottom of ESPN in a few months.

The decision has been delayed to 2 p.m. central time. Maybe St. John's called in with a late offer.

Now that we have found out this recruitment is somewhat shady, is this the reason some of the best basketball programs didn't recruit him at all or backed off?

Well that sucks... Wish him the best at Seton Hall. Hope he turns that 3-15 ball club into a .500 team.

The decision has been delayed to 2 p.m. central time. Maybe St. John's called in with a late offer.

Now that we have found out this recruitment is somewhat shady, is this the reason some of the best basketball programs didn't recruit him at all or backed off?

I was wondering the same thing. Many of the top programs probably wouldn't touch this "package deal".

Both Seton Hall and St. Johns are offering an assistant job to Whitehead's coach for next season. It's over.

Nothing like your coach deciding what college you will attend, oh well, feel sorry for the kid.

Prediction: Everyone calling Whiteheads recruitment sketchy and Shady do to Assistant coach position will force Whitehead to pick Ind, Minn or Pitt!

=

Reason for delay!

Top Bottom