All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Snelson would've been a nice get but I love our WR class with Howard, Drew H and Johnson.

With him not even having a hat on the table, I wonder if we pulled the offer because of the drama and/or academics?

I'm not surprised he went somewhere else, just surprised our hat wasn't at least on the table.
Agree. Especially since during the entire process, he reiterated that he was still committed to Minnesota.

My old man once told me, "If a man isn't worth his word, he's not worth anything". I'm guessing Snelson never got that fatherly advice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

After the 2016 draft where four or five gophs will be drafted we will have put just as many guys in the league in the past three years as anyone in the division and a lot of those guys were two stars or lower. This is the strongest class we've had in awhile. Will be just fine and will compete for the West this year
Well that would be true IF Minnesota has 5 get drafted and Nebraska and Wisconsin have no one get drafted at all.
2015 Nebraska 3 Minnesota 0 Wisconsin 2: 2014 Nebraska 3 Minnesota 2 Wisconsin 5: 2013 Nebraska 2 Minnesota 0 Wisconsin 3.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I would argue that a majority of the 45 pages was due to the drama and not the talent.

I think you get 40 pages just based on it being fun to say Dredrick Snelson. Would have been 80 pages if he was from Sheboygan Wisconsin.

Well that would be true IF Minnesota has 5 get drafted and Nebraska and Wisconsin have no one get drafted at all.
2015 Nebraska 3 Minnesota 0 Wisconsin 2: 2014 Nebraska 3 Minnesota 2 Wisconsin 5: 2013 Nebraska 2 Minnesota 0 Wisconsin 3.

Minnesota had four guys drafted in 2015 Cobb, Maxx, Wilson and Thompson. I also wasn't including 2016 as 16', 15' and 14' would constitute as the past three years, so not sure why you listed it. Way to check your facts ;)

Can we start the count down to the deletion of this thread?

Can we start the count down to the deletion of this thread?

Can we just do it now?

The Snelson stuff is either unseamly posts about some kid nobody knows, or just folks trolling, or just GH infighting.

Minnesota had four guys drafted in 2015 Cobb, Maxx, Wilson and Thompson. I also wasn't including 2016 as 16', 15' and 14' would constitute as the past three years, so not sure why you listed it. Way to check your facts ;)
Ok I was wrong it's still Wisconsin 7 Nebraska 6 Minnesota 4. You assume that Minnesota will have 5 drafted while Nebraska and Wisconsin will have none?

and to think i took the kid at his word that he's loyal. joke's on me.

My old man once told me, "If a man isn't worth his word, he's not worth anything". I'm guessing Snelson never got that fatherly advice.

"Unless that man goes against his word and chooses the Gophers."

His original "word" (also known as the only one that matters), was a Gopher commitment.

Actually, his original "word" was a Miami commitment. I bet CanesHole.com is going crazy over this turn of events.

"Unless that man goes against his word and chooses the Gophers."
His original "word" (also known as the only one that matters), was a Gopher commitment.

He's talking about the fact that we would all jump up and down if a 5* recruit flipped at the last minute, backing out on his word to anywhere else and came to the U. You can't have it both ways.

Actually, his original "word" was a Miami commitment. I bet CanesHole.com is going crazy over this turn of events.

Some Miami fans told me that a while ago Miami lost interest. No idea why. Not sure Mami should be all that upset.

Really though kid changed his mind, folks should move on.

Exactly.

In that equation, the kid sucks.

If he were a UCF commit and changed to the Gophers, he'd be a thoughtful, young man that wrestled with a tough decision, but ultimately did what was best for him and his family.

I don't think Dredrick got any advice from his father at all. We've only heard of his mother throughout this entire process.

You realize that the highest rated class in the West is #25?

Nebraska 25
Wisconsin 34
Iowa 42
Northwestern 47
Minnesota 50

Highest rated class in 7 years. The new facilities aren't a factor yet.

So we can't even finish in the top half of the West with our best recruiting class in 7 years, and that's a major accomplishment.

You're a really tough guy. If we recruited solely on talent then we would have never beaten the Russians at Lake Placid. And what lack of talent are you speaking of? This is the highest rated class in the Kill/Claeys area. What would it take to please you? Top 10 class?

No, I'm not a really tough guy? I'm a dude posting on a message board from my white-collar office job. Not sure where I claimed anything different. That said, not really sure what the performance of the US Mens Hockey team three decades ago has to do with recruiting. And while I'm not great hockey mind, I'm guessing that team was probably still one of the top 3 most talented teams in the world.

But maybe I should stop complaining. We do have a top 10 class this year! 10 out of 14! Let's start by trying to consistently get in the top half of the Big Ten. That is not unreasonable.

So you pick out one recruit to try to help your argument but then conveniently leave out many of the other recruits where we beat out very good programs?

If you can't see the talent getting better and better then you don't understand football.

Looking at the overall class, we definitely competing with low-tier power conference and mid-major teams more than we are even competing with Iowa or Wisconsin.

Why did you randomly pick one of his FCS offers and conveniently ignore the FBS offers?

And none of those FBS offers were from power 5 schools. Although Tulane used to be in the SEC, so that's big!

And none of those FBS offers were from power 5 schools. Although Tulane used to be in the SEC, so that's big!

Yeah, when your "point" is a constantly moving target, you're never going to be satisfied. You're a great Gopher "fan"!

Shots fired:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Ok I was wrong it's still Wisconsin 7 Nebraska 6 Minnesota 4. You assume that Minnesota will have 5 drafted while Nebraska and Wisconsin will have none?

Actually Minnesota has six Vereen, Hageman plus the four listed previously. Didn't say Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin would get shutout of the draft, were already seven to six to six is pretty even so not sure where you're getting your math. As for this year I would consider BBC, Murray and Campbell locks. Maye, Johnson anc Cockeren I think can get drafted with good pro days. Point is we do a good job of developing players so we're not really that far behind in terms of talent as GG Allen wants to suggest. Seven, to six to six is about as close as close can be

Top Bottom