All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Wonder if the State College newspaper will be making a similar tweet?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can't fault a kid for staying near home. With a son that's a freshman in college (as well as a D1 athlete), I understand how having family and friends close enough to watch you and support you is very important. Best of luck, Dredrick.

Is this the part where we trash a kid for not choosing the Gophers instead of a coaching staff that has a history of being some of the worst recruiters in the power 5 conferences? And that was before Kill resigned and we got a wave of decommits.

The poor record means they play from behind a lot and have to throw the ball a ton. Can showcase his skills immediately ...... good riddance to this drama queen

Doubt it since he "committed" to us. If Selection proves to be correct will only find out about it on here

Star Trib is just mostly haters.... of most everything it seems. I gotta wonder what it is like there, are folks just looking full time to whip some **** up or dump on someone?

All the insults and trash talking about a high schooler makes Minnesota's fans look like losers. Move on , folks.

Coughlin gets a free pass, though, since Snelson was supposed to be his teammate.

Is this the part where we trash a kid for not choosing the Gophers instead of a coaching staff that has a history of being some of the worst recruiters in the power 5 conferences? And that was before Kill resigned and we got a wave of decommits.

Can we just ban this guy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does that say a damn thing about his character?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

It is what it is but I also think it was kind of a weak move on his part to not even have a Minnesota hat on the table given that he went to the trouble of giving a verbal "commitment". Not hard to see this coming though since if you are committed to a school there is zero need for a hat ceremony. You still do the media thing but just to sign the letter not to do the whole who is it going to be dog and pony show.

Maybe the kid will pan out and maybe he won't. The bottom line is he was one of the headliners of this class and 45 pages of posts disputes the idea that he was just some run of the mill recruit like many in here will try and claim now that he is going somewhere else. Until we have a talented stable of proven talent at the WR position I hate to see anyone go who looked like they might be able to help us there.

***breaking News!***
Dredick Snelson de-commits from UCF and signs with Iowa Western Community College.

45 pages of posts disputes the idea that he was just some run of the mill recruit

I would argue that a majority of the 45 pages was due to the drama and not the talent.

It is what it is but I also think it was kind of a weak move on his part to not even have a Minnesota hat on the table given that he went to the trouble of giving a verbal "commitment". Not hard to see this coming though since if you are committed to a school there is zero need for a hat ceremony. You still do the media thing but just to sign the letter not to do the whole who is it going to be dog and pony show.

Maybe the kid will pan out and maybe he won't. The bottom line is he was one of the headliners of this class and 45 pages of posts disputes the idea that he was just some run of the mill recruit like many in here will try and claim now that he is going somewhere else. Until we have a talented stable of proven talent at the WR position I hate to see anyone go who looked like they might be able to help us there.

Maybe MN pulled the offer and said don't bother including us. Doubt it, but you never know. Claeys likely knew days to weeks ago he wasn't picking us.

Can we just ban this guy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Because I have higher standards for the Gophers than beating Jacksonville State out for a 2 star QB? Fact is the Gophers go into almost every Big Ten game at a talent disadvantage. Maybe a scrappy,well-coached but less talented team can wide a wave of good luck and compete for the West title once a decade, but it is not a formula for continued success. At some point the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the lack of talent they put on the field.

"Gopher fans, don't ever question my loyalty" means "You don't know me, don't judge me" not "I'm loyal to you guys"

"But you were right in your judgement, but don't do that"

Why? Because I have higher standards for the Gophers than beating Jacksonville State out for a 2 star QB? Fact is the Gophers go into almost every Big Ten game at a talent disadvantage. Maybe a scrappy,well-coached but less talented team can wide a wave of good luck and compete for the West title once a decade, but it is not a formula for continued success. At some point the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the lack of talent they put on the field.

why don't you list all of our recruits and the offers they held. Perhaps your Jacksonville State scenario is bogus.

You realize that the highest rated class in the West is #25?

Nebraska 25
Wisconsin 34
Iowa 42
Northwestern 47
Minnesota 50

Highest rated class in 7 years. The new facilities aren't a factor yet.

This is the best recruiting class in years and you are complaining about it?

Claeys just needs to have more sleepovers.

After the 2016 draft where four or five gophs will be drafted we will have put just as many guys in the league in the past three years as anyone in the division and a lot of those guys were two stars or lower. This is the strongest class we've had in awhile. Will be just fine and will compete for the West this year

I would argue that a majority of the 45 pages was due to the drama and not the talent.

Maybe but the only reason people cared about the drama was because of the perceived talent level. If he was just some run of the mill player fans wouldn't have been hanging on his every word the way they were.

Until he hits the field in college there is no way to know how big of a loss talent wise this was or was not. But on paper he was one of the most exciting and highest rated recruits in this class. Fans would have been thrilled if he had still picked us but because he didn't many will go out of their way to make it seem like he wasn't that big a deal and they never really wanted him to come here anyway.

You're a really tough guy. If we recruited solely on talent then we would have never beaten the Russians at Lake Placid. And what lack of talent are you speaking of? This is the highest rated class in the Kill/Claeys area. What would it take to please you? Top 10 class?

Claeys just needs to have more sleepovers.

Can confirm.

Not long ago Claeys did a sleepover for a big booster (who I can't name for obvious reasons). I was fortunate enough to be a guest as well.

Movies, popcorn, candy, silly hijinks, scary stories. Best sleepover ever. Tracy knows how to do sleepovers.

I'm surprisingly okay with the Snelson snub.

So you pick out one recruit to try to help your argument but then conveniently leave out many of the other recruits where we beat out very good programs?

If you can't see the talent getting better and better then you don't understand football.

You realize that the highest rated class in the West is #25?

Nebraska 25
Wisconsin 34
Iowa 42
Northwestern 47
Minnesota 50

Highest rated class in 7 years. The new facilities aren't a factor yet.

Could go up as we only have 20 and some above us have 24 or 25. At one time Ia had like 7 2 stars and now it is 3. Don't think it was due to decomimts but changing ratings.

Can confirm.

Not long ago Claeys did a sleepover for a big booster (who I can't name for obvious reasons). I was fortunate enough to be a guest as well.

Movies, popcorn, candy, silly hijinks, scary stories. Best sleepover ever. Tracy knows how to do sleepovers.

Did you zip sleeping bags together for added warmth and then Dutch Oven each other?! :eek:

With him not even having a hat on the table, I wonder if we pulled the offer because of the drama and/or academics?

I'm not surprised he went somewhere else, just surprised our hat wasn't at least on the table.

Top Bottom