All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

bc2211

Yeah I would be surprised at this point if he would commit here, but you never know where his recruitment has gone since he visited here.
Could be an interesting rivalry between he and mashburn if things shake out how it sounds that it may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be an interesting rivalry between he and mashburn if things shake out how it sounds that it may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, will definitely be fun seeing our guys compete against others we were recruiting. Hopefully Pitino making all the right moves!

Pure speculation...he got word about Mashburn and is going to Northwestern.
You may be spot on. However, it would be awfully interesting if he chose the Gophers. If both he and Mashburn came on board you’d have to believe Pitino would find room for Dawson if he was interested. A good problem to have...but purely hypothetical.

MnplsGopher

You may be spot on. However, it would be awfully interesting if he chose the Gophers. If both he and Mashburn came on board you’d have to believe Pitino would find room for Dawson if he was interested. A good problem to have...but purely hypothetical.
Exactly. Have to make room.

WriterGoph

That's possible, but I would be shocked. I just can't see us taking two smaller combo guards in this class.

Otis

Hmm, Curry situation could open a scholly. School may apply for a medical exception like they did for Jarvis at this point.

Urbandale

If we redshirt and they grad transfer out there is generally 2-3 reasons

They're not getting playing time-If that's the case not a huge loss
We suck-Can't say I blame the kid then
Coach is fired-Probably tied to prior, and again, can't blame the kid
One more thing not related to 2020 recruiting:

There is a fourth reason not listed, and that's grad transferring to a better program. We've seen that here with Akeem Springs and Alihan Demir. Both were getting playing time, the teams didn't suck, and the coach wasn't getting fired.

A prime example is Isaiah Moss of Iowa transferring to Kansas this year. There's absolutely a scenario in which a Gopher would grad transfer to a Blue Blood in search of greater glory.

upnorthkid

One more thing not related to 2020 recruiting:

There is a fourth reason not listed, and that's grad transferring to a better program. We've seen that here with Akeem Springs and Alihan Demir. Both were getting playing time, the teams didn't suck, and the coach wasn't getting fired.

A prime example is Isaiah Moss of Iowa transferring to Kansas this year. There's absolutely a scenario in which a Gopher would grad transfer to a Blue Blood in search of greater glory.
Would be very weird considering next years team should be better than this years

Otis

Looks like 247 thinks Mashburn is a lock here and that Berry is a lock to Northwestern.

Mashburn, Michell and Garcia is looking like a real possibility!

Looks like 247 thinks Mashburn is a lock here and that Berry is a lock to Northwestern.

Mashburn, Michell and Garcia is looking like a real possibility!
The real question is if we don't land Garcia, who are we giving the 3rd scholarship to? We really need a big (especially with Curry possibly never playing again) and it seems we are on the outside with Muscadin and Sibley. I suppose it may be another spring time recruiting fill.

Urbandale

Would be very weird considering next years team should be better than this years
Sorry, that was just part of the general discussion of the value of redshirting an incoming freshman like Mitchell given the risk that he might transfer out down the line and we will have wasted a year.

We now return to the regularly scheduled 2020 recruiting discussion.

Latest profile posts