All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Losing faith in our chances with Ellison. No information to back it up just don't have the feeling he's coming here

I know what you mean, but he has a ton of offers and schools chasing him, and keeps saying he will take more visits, but so far we are STILL his only official visit and it's less than a month until spring signing period begins. I keep looking out for upcoming visits every weekend, and so far nothing.

He's far and away the guy I want us to get most this spring. We'd have a really good class.

I know what you mean, but he has a ton of offers and schools chasing him, and keeps saying he will take more visits, but so far we are STILL his only official visit and it's less than a month until spring signing period begins. I keep looking out for upcoming visits every weekend, and so far nothing.

He's far and away the guy I want us to get most this spring. We'd have a really good class.

Agree with the part that he is the guy I want the most. Good point on the official visits. Just have to wait and see

Agree, feel like he needs to lose about 10 to 15 pounds, but very interesting prospect

As someone alluded to me earlier in the thread, it looks like Kohl has already shed his extra weight.

Attachments

• ByA174xIQAEHSUM.jpg
    ByA174xIQAEHSUM.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 83

As someone alluded to me earlier in the thread, it looks like Kohl has already shed his extra weight.

Looks like he has in the picture. All the recruiting websites have him at 225, but who knows how long ago that was updated. Thanks for the pic

Anybody know if there are new videos of any of the incoming players? Can't wait to see these guys in maroon and gold! Especially Jarvis and Dorsey

New name that emerged this week, Dale Jones, went 0-6 yesterday in just 10 minutes of playing time for Tyler JC in a loss to Connors State. He only had two fouls and averaged 17 and 8 on the year, so I assume he suffered some sort of injury or got ejected. Also of note is Jones played his high school ball at Waterloo West, so Iowa would likely have an advantage in his recruitment. The other new target, Mychal Mulder had 12 pts on 5-12 from the field with 6 boards in Vincennes 80-68 loss to South Plains. Mulder averaged 15.7 ppg and 6.4 rpg on the season.

Chris Boucher plays at 2:00 today, so it will be interesting to see if the Gophers have a presence at that game.

Here's a link to the NJCAA bracket, box scores, and also the ability to watch the games: http://njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?category=National&archive=false&regionId=1&articleId=24111

New name that emerged this week, Dale Jones, went 0-6 yesterday in just 10 minutes of playing time for Tyler JC in a loss to Connors State. He only had two fouls and averaged 17 and 8 on the year, so I assume he suffered some sort of injury or got ejected. Also of note is Jones played his high school ball at Waterloo West, so Iowa would likely have an advantage in his recruitment. The other new target, Mychal Mulder had 12 pts on 5-12 from the field with 6 boards in Vincennes 80-68 loss to South Plains. Mulder averaged 15.7 ppg and 6.4 rpg on the season.

Chris Boucher plays at 2:00 today, so it will be interesting to see if the Gophers have a presence at that game.

Here's a link to the NJCAA bracket, box scores, and also the ability to watch the games: http://njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?category=National&archive=false®ionId=1&articleId=24111

Jones is an interesting prospect. Good size, seems to rebound well and shoots the 3pt shot at about a 45% rate or something close to that. I've heard Iowa leads but they have signed 5 guys and only have 5 guys leaving that I know of- does Iowa have any more schollys after getting Williams this week?

Jones is an interesting prospect. Good size, seems to rebound well and shoots the 3pt shot at about a 45% rate or something close to that. I've heard Iowa leads but they have signed 5 guys and only have 5 guys leaving that I know of- does Iowa have any more schollys after getting Williams this week?

They have three seniors leaving. Then, they had a guy this year announce he was transferring. Then they had two potentially open scholarships for next year, so they did have a total of 6.

Speaking of the national JUCO championship: instead of waiting around for Ellison, think about signing this guy:

Jemerrio Jones, 6'6" small forward from Hill JC (2-0 in the tournament). He's a freshman who averages 13 pts., 13 rebounds, and 7.3 assists per game. He also had 73 blocks in 32 games. Watched him for about five minutes in their opener (19 points, 16 rebounds, 4 steals). The guy is extremely active on the court. Interestingly, the guy is from Memphis. We've had some good luck with Tennessee, and in particular, Memphis players lately.

Speaking of the national JUCO championship: instead of waiting around for Ellison, think about signing this guy:

Jemerrio Jones, 6'6" small forward from Hill JC (2-0 in the tournament). He's a freshman who averages 13 pts., 13 rebounds, and 7.3 assists per game. He also had 73 blocks in 32 games. Watched him for about five minutes in their opener (19 points, 16 rebounds, 4 steals). The guy is extremely active on the court. Interestingly, the guy is from Memphis. We've had some good luck with Tennessee, and in particular, Memphis players lately.

Don't most guys have to stay in the JUCO ranks for two years? They typically go that route because they didn't qualify out of high school. We wouldn't be able to get him until after next season.

Don't most guys have to stay in the JUCO ranks for two years? They typically go that route because they didn't qualify out of high school. We wouldn't be able to get him until after next season.

Iowa got Trey Dickerson after one year and, many years ago, Reggie Evans after one year. I guess it depends upon whether you take the required deficiencies and satisfy them in one year, so maybe most JUCO players don't accomplish that.

Mike Thorne Jr is transfering from Charlotte. He's a 6'11 270lbs center who will eligible right away next year as a senior transfer. Averaged 10&7. Had a 23&16 game vs Penn State in non conference play. Also held his own against Georgetowns big frontline with 10pts and 7 rebounds.

Mike Thorne Jr is transfering from Charlotte. He's a 6'11 270lbs center who will eligible right away next year as a senior transfer. Averaged 10&7. Had a 23&16 game vs Penn State in non conference play. Also held his own against Georgetowns big frontline with 10pts and 7 rebounds.

Sounds like he'll be a great transfer candidate for the blue bloods. :(

Crazy you bring him up, saw this kid play last year and was pretty impressed.

He's pretty good. I've seen him play. Unfortunately, I agree with Madtown that he probably wouldn't come here. Worth a try though. They have a forward, Willie Clayton, who is also good but I don't think he is in the same transfer condition.

Crazy you bring him up, saw this kid play last year and was pretty impressed.

I knew nothing about him but watching him for five minutes and researching him a bit sure peaked my interest. The guy gets all over the court.

I saw a picture of him playing with his current team (Coastal Academy) and he still looks a little chubby.

Have to wonder if he's waiting until the last possible second to schedule more visits to see what other offers he gets. I think the only way we get him is if his other offers stay "mediocre". So for example, if his Maryland offer becomes commitable he's gone, or if a school like UConn offers he's probably gone as well.

Have to wonder if he's waiting until the last possible second to schedule more visits to see what other offers he gets. I think the only way we get him is if his other offers stay "mediocre". So for example, if his Maryland offer becomes commitable he's gone, or if a school like UConn offers he's probably gone as well.

Doesn't Maryland have basically the same type of player in Nickens (frosh this year)?

Halftime of the Northwest college game and Chris Boucher has 7pts 11rebs and at least 6 blocked shots. He has been a problem for Cape Fear with his shot blocking presence inside. Cape Fear isn't a big team though, so it will be interesting to watch him against bigger competition.

He is very skinny, but has long arms and is pretty quick off the floor. No chance he plays the 5 at the next level he is just too skinny. Northwest plays zone and he rebounds very well out of it. Offensively he is more or less a jump shooter. He hit a three to open the game and his form looks pretty good. All in all I like what I have seen from him on the defensive end. He is a good out of area rebounder, and I think that could translate to the next level, especially since we play mostly zone.

Give me Ellison, Boucher and Russo. That would get me pretty damn excited for next year.

PG - Dorsey/Johnson
SG - Mason/McBreyer
SF - Buggs/Morris/Ellison
PF - Boucher/Russo/King
C - Konate/Diedhiou/Nwankwo

ETA: Yeah, yeah, yeah King probably won't be our 3rd PF, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Halftime of the Northwest college game and Chris Boucher has 7pts 11rebs and at least 6 blocked shots. He has been a problem for Cape Fear with his shot blocking presence inside. Cape Fear isn't a big team though, so it will be interesting to watch him against bigger competition.

He is very skinny, but has long arms and is pretty quick off the floor. No chance he plays the 5 at the next level he is just too skinny. Northwest plays zone and he rebounds very well out of it. Offensively he is more or less a jump shooter. He hit a three to open the game and his form looks pretty good. All in all I like what I have seen from him on the defensive end. He is a good out of area rebounder, and I think that could translate to the next level, especially since we play mostly zone.

Thanks for the update. I will probably watch a little of him when I get home. He's had over 20 rebounds in a number of games this year. If he can rebound, block shots, and generally defend, I don't care where he shoots from. Bakary can go for the put backs.

Give me Ellison, Boucher and Russo. That would get me pretty damn excited for next year.

PG - Dorsey/Johnson
SG - Mason/McBreyer
SF - Buggs/Morris/Ellison
PF - Boucher/Russo/King
C - Konate/Diedhiou/Nwankwo

ETA: Yeah, yeah, yeah King probably won't be our 3rd PF, but a guy can dream, can't he?

King can play small forward. He plays like one on the offensive end anyway. He may not be quick but he shoots well from outside and as much as people joke about his fakes, they are pretty effective in getting him space in the midrange.

King can play small forward. He plays like one on the offensive end anyway. He may not be quick but he shoots well from outside and as much as people joke about his fakes, they are pretty effective in getting him space in the midrange.

Especially if we play a lot of zone next year he could play 3 as well, wouldn't be much difference on D.

Boucher finishes with 29 pts, 16rbs, and at least 8 blocks. He was 3-6 from 3 and 8-11 from the line. Had a few dunks off of lobs and a nice drive and finish off a shot fake at the 3 point line. He's a very intruiging prospect, but it is hard to get over his very slight build. Definetly need to see him against bigger competition to get a better gauge of him.

Boucher finishes with 29 pts, 16rbs, and at least 8 blocks. He was 3-6 from 3 and 8-11 from the line. Had a few dunks off of lobs and a nice drive and finish off a shot fake at the 3 point line. He's a very intruiging prospect, but it is hard to get over his very slight build. Definetly need to see him against bigger competition to get a better gauge of him.

What kind of competition is he playing against?

What kind of competition is he playing against?

Let me answer that question by asking you another -

Which one of our power forwards do you think would score 29 points, grab 16 rebounds, and have 11 blocks in the second round of the National Junior College Championship Tournament?

Top Bottom