All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

If you want to see what a healthy fanbase looks like read through all of the responses to his tweet. Hundreds of people trying to convince him to come to either NC or the Zags. One guy out of the 400 says you should stay home and play with Oturu and the home team.

If you guys really want to make a difference - get on social media and stump for the gophers. Next time you see him at a game go up and shake his hand to let him know "You would look great in Maroon and Gold!", and "You're the guy to help take the gophers to the Final Four next year!" and "your the final piece!"

Seriously, if you want to help the team the last thing you should be doing is being negative on GH. Don't listen to Built, the stuff that gets posted online makes a huge difference to the Millennial and Gen Z generations.

I did tweet something like that but some pinhead decided I wasn't following his Twitter rules and scolded me. I had been tweeting all along and had even had some quick conversations with family, friends and players I've met over the years. So just beware that some of these guys have illusions of grandeur that they will be the next BarStool or whatever personality to come along and get rich. But it's easy to show a little love on Twitter. Gopher fans have been slow to jump on that social media.

Gonzaga always has good big guys. If Holmgren doesn’t go pro, I think it’ll be Zags.

Chet is lock for that G League select team.
The only certain thing is that Chet does not want to play the 5....Gophs could have a Top 5 front court in 21/22 if Liam pans out as some predict and Ihnen keeps improving at a rate consistent with how he closed out this season

The only certain thing is that Chet does not want to play the 5....Gophs could have a Top 5 front court in 21/22 if Liam pans out as some predict and Ihnen keeps improving at a rate consistent with how he closed out this season

And Thompson

But he can not argue TEAM success or NBA bigs.

Correct which is why I didn't bring up those points. He will have 2 bigs in the NBA next year (one in the g league). Can't start at seven. Need to start at 1, then 2, then 3...

Correct which is why I didn't bring up those points. He will have 2 bigs in the NBA next year (one in the g league). Can't start at seven. Need to start at 1, then 2, then 3...
Unless kids really want to stay home they are going to pick what they think are better coaches, better programs, national brands, NBA futures.

Unless kids really want to stay home they are going to pick what they think are better coaches, better programs, national brands, NBA futures.

Correct, which is why you start with Walkers, to Lynches, to Murphys, to Oturos, and hopefully Robbins of the worlds and then you continue to get better talent/higher rated kids

He is not a Big Ten player, or ACC for that matter, let him go out west. Don't get the hype anyway.

Correct, which is why you start with Walkers, to Lynches, to Murphys, to Oturos, and hopefully Robbins of the worlds and then you continue to get better talent/higher rated kids
You get better players by winning and building a brand. With the names you mentioned we won nothing.

You get better players by winning and building a brand. With the names you mentioned we won nothing.

Correct, but you start somewhere. It helps to have kids go to the NBA. Winning more would of course help more, but it has nothing to do with my original point.

LOL. He would get abused in either conference. He’s a rail and an average athlete.

He's a year and half from his first college basketball practice, a world of physical maturing can and will occur.

Sid chimes in:

• Chet Holmgren, the rising basketball star out of Minnehaha Academy, is now the No. 2 recruit in the nation for the Class of 2021, according to 247 Sports. Recruiting experts give the Gophers the clear edge in landing Holmgren.

Go Gophers!!

Sid chimes in:

• Chet Holmgren, the rising basketball star out of Minnehaha Academy, is now the No. 2 recruit in the nation for the Class of 2021, according to 247 Sports. Recruiting experts give the Gophers the clear edge in landing Holmgren.

Go Gophers!!

Now we know Sid is senile. Not just a hunch, but verifiable data.

Sid chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
The one 247 crystal prediction that has been made, back in December 2018 when he wasn’t a top 10 recruit nationally, has him going to Minnesota. That’s almost definitely what that statement is based off of.

The one 247 crystal prediction that has been made, back in December 2018 when he wasn’t a top 10 recruit nationally, has him going to Minnesota. That’s almost definitely what that statement is based off of.

Yeah, 100% of the predictions are guessing Minnesota (because it's only 1 prediction), but he definitely thinks it means that scouts say it's a 100% chance.

Holmgren is not going to be a Gopher. Get that one out of your heads right now. No chance. He’s in the Jones brothers & Suggs mode, they were never coming here. Same deal with Holmgren.
Hopefully Pitino is not such a defeatist. If he is he should resign. Recruiting is not about throwing in the towel before the fat lady sings. Old man being team alumni gives hope!

Hopefully Pitino is not such a defeatist. If he is he should resign. Recruiting is not about throwing in the towel before the fat lady sings. Old man being team alumni gives hope!
Yeah I'm not ruling out Holmgren either. I'm not saying we end up getting him but you gotta give him a shot. You never know if there's somethin there.

Yeah I'm not ruling out Holmgren either. I'm not saying we end up getting him but you gotta give him a shot. You never know if there's somethin there.
Anything is possible but players are looking for stability on the long list of things we are already missing.

Top Bottom