All Things Boys MSHSL State Tournament

Correct take on the reffing. Wayzata definitely got hosed at the end, but got away with several hacks, holds, and grabs (particularly on Carrington) throughout the game.

Incorrect take on Carrington. Wayzata's defense was keyed in on him all night. While he definitely missed some open looks, he facilitated, grabbed a few rebounds, and played great defense. Excellent culture guy that will knock down open looks when the defense can't focus so much attention on him (have to worry about Payne and Battle too).
This is my take on Carrington as well. I didn't see this game but I've watched several of his games on youtube. He's a good shooter, I'm not worried about his ability to shoot. That said, unlike a lot of shooters, he does a lot of things well even when his shot isn't falling.

He doesn't force things. He can handle the ball, play defense and facilitate. It doesn't surprise me that he helped his team win on a night when he was ice cold

Interesting and competitive season as 3rd place in AA, Caledonia, beat Totino Grace, which beat Park Center. MN Basketball is really good.
Also shows how good PC was this year. Lost to TG once then can back and beat them by 30. Fun team to watch.

This is my take on Carrington as well. I didn't see this game but I've watched several of his games on youtube. He's a good shooter, I'm not worried about his ability to shoot. That said, unlike a lot of shooters, he does a lot of things well even when his shot isn't falling.

He doesn't force things. He can handle the ball, play defense and facilitate. It doesn't surprise me that he helped his team win on a night when he was ice cold
I agree. People that compare Carrington to Kalscheur is spot on except I believe Carrington will end up being a better shooter and ball handler.

I agree. People that compare Carrington to Kalscheur is spot on except I believe Carrington will end up being a better shooter and ball handler.
Yep, 100%. They play defense identically. Neither are athletic freaks but they are both just smart defensive players that will make you earn your hoops. I also agree that Carrington is a bit better ball handler and maybe just a smoother player.

Not quite as good of a defender, but I agree with the other two points.

It’s true but no worries. But imo I do believe Tyler had more of an impact on North’s rebuild, in both football and basketball then either of there coaches. That was 8 years ago and there’s no way North should still be playing 2A basketball.
It literally isn’t true. They entered the school the same year and without the name McKenzie going there more good athletes would’ve left

It literally isn’t true. They entered the school the same year and without the name McKenzie going there more good athletes would’ve left
It’s not true. McKenzie was not there his freshman year. We can fact check if needed. Tyler went to North because he had a relationship with the North football coaches. Heard the story many times… in saying that McKenzie has underachieved playing 1A and 2A

It’s not true. McKenzie was not there his freshman year. We can fact check if needed. Tyler went to North because he had a relationship with the North football coaches. Heard the story many times… in saying that McKenzie has underachieved playing 1A and 2A
Yeah you’re right and I am wrong. I read an article that had wrong dates. Went to go post it as this response…but it turns out McKenzie came Johnson’s junior year.

McKenzie saved that school though. Johnson helped him do it

Basketball shouldn’t be what saves a High School imo. It’s good for the school and brings people together but in the scheme of things just not that important.

Basketball shouldn’t be what saves a High School imo. It’s good for the school and brings people together but in the scheme of things just not that important.
"I'm not sure I want my baby to go to North High, with all of the gang violence around that area. And the average test scores and graduation rates are low."

"The basketball team hired a new coach a couple years ago and they've got a really good team."

"Oh! Well, in that case!"

"I'm not sure I want my baby to go to North High, with all of the gang violence around that area. And the average test scores and graduation rates are low."

"The basketball team hired a new coach a couple years ago and they've got a really good team."

"Oh! Well, in that case!"
If I am living in North Mpls, I am sending my child to Ascension Academy where I am confident s/he will get an excellent education. What this school needs is an excellent sports program to match their academics.

If I am living in North Mpls, I am sending my child to Ascension Academy where I am confident s/he will get an excellent education. What this school needs is an excellent sports program to match their academics.
Is that one charter school still around where that Cash guy put up 90 points in a game and Kevin Noreen went to? Did the Gophers offer him, his stats were low at West Virginia. He must have played well in AAU, but man they were like 1A and played nobody during the high school season

Is that one charter school still around where that Cash guy put up 90 points in a game and Kevin Noreen went to? Did the Gophers offer him, his stats were low at West Virginia. He must have played well in AAU, but man they were like 1A and played nobody during the high school season
MN Transitions....haha good memory...forgot about that school

Minnesota Transitions is still in the shopping center near the Target on Lake and Hiawatha. It is a hybrid online school. I think their old coach is gone so bball players aren't choosing to go there.
1A has some awful charter schools with kids who simply wouldn't get picked on the playground. The lopsided scores indicate this reality.

and don't forget the Broman boys from Lakeview Christian Academy. I saw Anders Broman play a couple of games in HS. He literally took 80% of the team's shots. scored over 5,000 points in HS.
played two years as a sub at South Dakota State, then transferred to Wofford. Averaged 12 pts a game his SR year at Wofford, but that was his only college season in double figures.

and don't forget the Broman boys from Lakeview Christian Academy. I saw Anders Broman play a couple of games in HS. He literally took 80% of the team's shots. scored over 5,000 points in HS.
played two years as a sub at South Dakota State, then transferred to Wofford. Averaged 12 pts a game his SR year at Wofford, but that was his only college season in double figures.
That's still pretty good numbers for an undersized D1 guard. We are currently getting excited about another senior at Wofford who didn't average 9 points at Wofford

Minnesota Transitions is still in the shopping center near the Target on Lake and Hiawatha. It is a hybrid online school. I think their old coach is gone so bball players aren't choosing to go there.
1A has some awful charter schools with kids who simply wouldn't get picked on the playground. The lopsided scores indicate this reality.
Such school should not qualify for competition in the MSHSL. Sorry, but that is just the truth of it.

They need their own association. OR co-op with a larger, more established school.

Well you are right but im not sure if you realize this but people are really messed up

Everyone was opting out of north. To the point it was going to close. Then they started having some success and people stopped opting out.

Top Bottom