All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Soooo, that begs the question, what's a "hometown discount"?

If a discount means he takes $2 or maybe even $3M/year less than someone else is offering, I think that's reasonable to expect and hope that he takes.

But if anyone is expecting a QB of his caliber, in a year where there is ZERO other options for available QB, to take $5-$10M less per year than he can get somewhere else, you're out of your f*cking mind.

I wouldn't expect ANYONE to do something like that, barring a Brady-like situation where there's a winning system in place, a HC with the pelts on the wall, and a winning ready-made roster in place. That's not the case in Minnesota.

EDIT: As far as the cap, and signing other players to extensions and the reality of today's NFL salary cap, that ain't Kirk's problem. That's the responsibility of the Front Office to work around that in order to have a QB that at least gives you a chance to win every Sunday.

I always though the discounts that Brady was taking with the Patriots had more to do with the fact that his then wife's income was like 10x what the QB was able to earn on the football field.

Brady's off field income was also nothing to sneeze at either.

Jared Allen is right.

If there's someone there available, or available by moving up for a price that is not cost-prohibitive, and that player fits EVERYTHING that KOC is looking for in a QB to run the offense that he runs, then yes, absolutely. They should do just that.

But I can almost certainly guarantee you that KOC and the Vikings staff and FO don't have a "top of your board" scouting grade on all of Williams, Maye, Jaden Daniels, et al. There may be one of them that they like, maybe even LOVE, but I would only support drafting one of them in the top of the 1st round if that player happens to be a wet dream in checking ALL of the boxes for what KOC is looking for.

The teams all look at these guys differently. We'll see what KOC, KAM, and the Vikings brain trust think of all of them.

Talk about idiotic. Titans fire Vrabel in the most indefensible move of the offseason so far. Clearly Ran Carthon had the ear of owner Amy Adams Strunk and moved this along. There's an old saying, whoever is talking to the owner every day is the one who will get their way.

This changes the entire landscape of the NFL coaching searches. Vrabel likely isn't just at the top of most teams list now, he's on a different list altogether. Too bad the Vikings aren't in the market, I think he's one of the top 5 HC's in the league

Talk about idiotic. Titans fire Vrabel in the most indefensible move of the offseason so far. Clearly Ran Carthon had the ear of owner Amy Adams Strunk and moved this along. There's an old saying, whoever is talking to the owner every day is the one who will get their way.

This changes the entire landscape of the NFL coaching searches. Vrabel likely isn't just at the top of most teams list now, he's on a different list altogether. Too bad the Vikings aren't in the market, I think he's one of the top 5 HC's in the league
I'm hoping it clogs things up just enough to keep Flores from getting pulled somewhere.

Cousins is a free agent. he's not getting cut. he either signs with the Vikings, signs with another team, or retires.
I used the wrong term, my fault on that.

But he wants to stay in MN. His house is here. He’s all-in on trying to win a Super Bowl here with JJ.

Staying here is his #1 priority.

So if Kwesi is a numb nuts and s__ts on that …. that’s the same thing as being cut.

Hopefully the Wilfs will step in and disallow that. They’ve been good about that before, demanding a “competitive rebuild” in the past.

Signing JJ and Kirk are co-top priorities. Everything below that comes after.

Hope Daniels falls to you. If he doesn't, take the best edge/DL you can at 11. Trade back into the 1st at like #28 and take Penix. Sign Drew Lock as the bridge QB.

Hope Daniels falls to you. If he doesn't, take the best edge/DL you can at 11. Trade back into the 1st at like #28 and take Penix. Sign Drew Lock as the bridge QB.
Vikings need to trade up into the top 3 or 4. they have the draft capital to do it and hope they do.

Vikings need to trade up into the top 3 or 4. they have the draft capital to do it and hope they do.
Supposedly they made a big push to move up for Richardson last year and Arizona turned them down, so it seems they will if they like one of them enough.

I think Seattle bumping Pete Carroll out as HC is now an even dumber move.

I think Seattle bumping Pete Carroll out as HC is now an even dumber move.
He should have been bumped out the second he didn't give it to Beast Mode. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a football field.

I look forward to the day a Viking coach does something stupid in the Super Bowl.
If we lose that way after being 0 of 4 in Super Bowls.......well, add that into Viking history. I'll pass on that.

If we lose that way after being 0 of 4 in Super Bowls.......well, add that into Viking history. I'll pass on that.
After a more than 45+ year drought in winning the NFC, I would settle for the progress. Plus the other 4 Super Bowls were blowouts under Bud. He didn't even have the chance to do something dumb.

It would just replace the memories of Gary Anderson"s missed FG and Brett Favres ok ill advised INT.

Sign me up!

Saban had his day yesterday and today his close friend follows. Mike Vrabel come on down.

Last edited:

Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah says it's his intention to have Kirk Cousins back at QB

"I have said it — I think I have been pretty consistent with that," Adofo-Mensah said. "Kirk, the player, is someone that we saw what he does to this team. I thought we were playing really good football before he got injured, and it is the most important position in sports. Ultimately, it always comes down to, can you find an agreement that works for both sides and all of those things? But as a player, it is certainly my intention to have him back here."

:)
:):):):)

Let Kirk walk folks (equivalent to tanking folks) try as hard as they can to pretend this is a meaningless statement, posturing, trying to confuse other teams on draft strategy, etc etc etc in 3 ...... 2............ 1.........

Given that the Vikes sucked at the Zygi Dome in 2023 perhaps it's not a bad thing to lose a Home game in 2024.

Instead of 9 HOME - 8 ROAD, it will now be 8-8 & 1 NUETRAL.

I'm surprised they are going back to quickly, but with the NFL boosting it's effort for world dominance (8 games total), this will be pretty common. Teams will be playing at least a game every other year, if not each season.

Given that the Vikes sucked at the Zygi Dome in 2023 perhaps it's not a bad thing to lose a Home game in 2024.

Instead of 9 HOME - 8 ROAD, it will now be 8-8 & 1 NUETRAL.

I'm surprised they are going back to quickly, but with the NFL boosting it's effort for world dominance (8 games total), this will be pretty common. Teams will be playing at least a game every other year, if not each season.
If you purchase season tickets, do they discount the package to reflect the "home" game being played overseas?

If you purchase season tickets, do they discount the package to reflect the "home" game being played overseas?
Good question. Could be a "Season Ticket Member" situation where you pay the same price no matter what.

No chance. You buy every ticket. You receive every ticket. You’ll receive a ticket in London.

Whether you choose to show up there is your business.

You can always try to sell the ticket if you aren’t going to go.

After a more than 45+ year drought in winning the NFC, I would settle for the progress. Plus the other 4 Super Bowls were blowouts under Bud. He didn't even have the chance to do something dumb.

It would just replace the memories of Gary Anderson"s missed FG and Brett Favres ok ill advised INT.

Sign me up!
We got too many men in the field….nooooo

No chance. You buy every ticket. You receive every ticket. You’ll receive a ticket in London.

Whether you choose to show up there is your business.

You can always try to sell the ticket if you aren’t going to go.
Pure speculation, but I do not think it works that way. I think the NFL tries to sell a "season ticket" package for all games in London plus they want to cater to the corporate sponsors.

I don't think they would have the inventory necessary if such a large percentage was taken up by Viking season ticket holders or whatever fan bases are designated as "hosts".

Pure speculation, but I do not think it works that way. I think the NFL tries to sell a "season ticket" package for all games in London plus they want to cater to the corporate sponsors.

I don't think they would have the inventory necessary if such a large percentage was taken up by Viking season ticket holders or whatever fan bases are designated as "hosts".
OK. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. No skin off anyone’s back

OK. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. No skin off anyone’s back
Hopefully a Vikes season ticket holder will chime in. I am curious.

For what it's worth I talked to a Wild Season Membership Holder, they were not dinged for the NHL game they had in Sweden this year. Had a right to buy tickets though through a pre-sale.

Logically, I would find it hard to believe that the Vikings would require their patrons to travel across an an ocean or to another hemisphere (there is also going to be a NFL game in Brazil next year). There must be enough demand as the NFL is increasing the number of international games.

I made a mistake earlier. There will be 5 International Games in 2024. Eventually they want to get to 8, at least.

Hopefully a Vikes season ticket holder will chime in. I am curious.

For what it's worth I talked to a Wild Season Membership Holder, they were not dinged for the NHL game they had in Sweden this year. Had a right to buy tickets though through a pre-sale.

Logically, I would find it hard to believe that the Vikings would require their patrons to travel across an an ocean or to another hemisphere (there is also going to be a NFL game in Brazil next year). There must be enough demand as the NFL is increasing the number of international games.

I made a mistake earlier. There will be 5 International Games in 2024. Eventually they want to get to 8, at least.
Why would they go to the trouble of calling it a “home” game for the Vikings then, when it’s obvious not?

But fair enough.

Why would they go to the trouble of calling it a “home” game for the Vikings then, when it’s obvious not?

But fair enough.
Actually the tweet said "Host" which I feel is a distinction from "Home" Team.

Meaning, they lose 1 of the 9 games they were getting at the Zygi Dome. With the now 17 game schedule, each team has to Host such a game at least once in an 8 year time frame. This is their year.

But fair enough.
My guess is the NFL fully reimburses a team that loses a "home" to account for lost ticket sales, concessions, parking, etc.

Top Bottom