All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Lots of talk around the Penix draft position regarding his medicals and injuries leading up to the draft, thought I would share this tidbit.

I know someone pretty well that is tight with 2 or 3 of the medical staff for the Knights/Raiders (including the team doctor if I'm not mistaken) and they shared a little bit around their support of the Raiders leading up to the draft. I would guess if you went around the league, this would very GREATLY from team to team but I thought this was interesting.

They basically went through all of the medical information and made detailed evaluations for most of the players they were looking at and gave the players simple grades of Low Risk, Med Risk, or High Risk. That sounded overly simplistic to me but it is what it is, maybe it works for them.

The Raiders apparently then proceeded to pick players in the draft, every one of them but ONE had a "High Risk" medical grade on them. What in the actual f'k?

I'm sure some teams listen a whole lot more to their medical staff than others, I've heard stories of guys being taken off their draft board completely because of the medicals. I can't remember the player (OG Trey Smith?) but one former GM I was listening to recently said their team took that player completely off their board and the Chiefs drafted him in the mid-later rounds and he's been like a 2-3 year starter, not one single issue. I think the player had a heart issue.

Strange shit, and I'm sure these things very a TON across the board from team to team across the league.

The Lions and Packers should both overpay their good but not elite QB. It's great fun. Believe me.

Always love schedule release day!! It's like Christmas morning, seeing what's under the tree!

Leaks I've seen so far regarding the Vikings schedule:

Week 7 - Home against Detroit

Week 8 - At LA Rams

Week 12 - At Chicago

Week 13 - Home against Arizona

Week 15 - Home against Chicago (MNF)

Last edited:

I posted this in the funny thread but in case you haven't seen it. Chargers do it again, hilarious.

Well, shit. Unavailable! What did it say?
You have to click on "Watch on YouTube". It's limited for some reason.

Here you go with explanation of each team. Pretty funny if you ever played The Sims.

The Titans did another video where they have fans on the street trying to name the opponents based on their helmets - and they brought back the "Red Stallions" girl from last year to host it.

comments included
"Love Joe Burrow" for the Bears logo
"Peaked in 1970" for the Jets
"Home of the Cheese" for the Packers
"The Cowboys" for the Colts logo
"They shouldn't have got rid of Cousins" for the Vikings logo

Top Bottom