All things 2021 MN state high school tournament

Minnehaha’s reign will be slowing down. Suggs, Lockett, Chet, Smith, and Kaden Johnson’s families all knew each other. Kids started playing together early. Some of the parents went to high school together. That’s how they ended up at Minnehaha middle school as a group. Aligbe came Chase Carter etc... Isaiah Davis transferred from Apple Valley and then Millers came in. Minnehaha met some of the demands Suggs wanted. CDH would not. WITH Suggs they got handled by two big school teams last year EP and CDH. I heard there are some unhappy people at Minnehaha despite the winning and cold be a transfer or two.
Did someone come from Maranatha the same year Isaish Davis transferred in?

Good info. Thanks.
The SMB vs Rocori state football championship game was outstanding. I’m biased as my wife’s cousin played for Rocori and was a key reason for the win—but the game was excellent. Showed a team vs some stars.
I watched that game great game. Rocori was very well coached. I think that was a factor. The throw and catch at the end was a great play. Fun to watch!

Putting all the "recruiting" talk aside:

Class A and AA both had fun title games. Close and competitive. Sure, there were some turnovers and missed shots, but you will have that at any level.

If Caledonia had King, I think they win AA. Dufault carried Waseca, with Morgan and Willingham having down games. Waseca seemed content to spend most of the game launching up 3's. Morgan has to get a lot stronger to be a post player/PF at college.

The AAA game was a joke. Alexandria had a couple of good kids, but they were just hopelessly outclassed. And - Minnehaha was playing without probably their #2 player in Aligbe. No question Minnehaha was the best team in the state this year.

AAAA - Wayzata just had more talent. Cretin needed one more scorer to make it a game. And give Wayzata credit - they were able to at least keep Holloman somewhat under control.

Still laughing at this
Laugh away. He literally missed the entire rim on an open 3 against Wayzata.
Even the announcers (Kevin Lynch) said his weakness is his outside shot. I trust Lynch before I trust you.

Even the announcers (Kevin Lynch) said his weakness is his outside shot. I trust Lynch before I trust you.
Lol Kevin Lynch does no prep at all and is clueless about the players. Go check all the dudes who actually follow high school basketball on twitter. You’ll have plenty of examples.

Minnehaha’s reign will be slowing down. Suggs, Lockett, Chet, Smith, and Kaden Johnson’s families all knew each other. Kids started playing together early. Some of the parents went to high school together. That’s how they ended up at Minnehaha middle school as a group. Aligbe came Chase Carter etc... Isaiah Davis transferred from Apple Valley and then Millers came in. Minnehaha met some of the demands Suggs wanted. CDH would not. WITH Suggs they got handled by two big school teams last year EP and CDH. I heard there are some unhappy people at Minnehaha despite the winning and cold be a transfer or two.
I’ve heard this too. Also Totino will take their spot as the top team anyways. They are now loaded

So when you said "last night" you didn't mean last night? They played Wayzata in early Feb...

We’re talking about Holmgren, right? Because that is what you said to start this. If you mean Holloman...then I agree with you. Two different people.

So when you said "last night" you didn't mean last night? They played Wayzata in early Feb...
He was talking about Holloman not Holmgren (I think). Very similar looking so I get the confusion

We’re talking about Holmgren, right? Because that is what you said to start this. If you mean Holloman...then I agree with you. Two different people.
Holmgren is a very good three point shooter don’t understand the argument. In regards to Holloman just how highly recruited is he ? Any chance he plays football?

Holmgren is a very good three point shooter don’t understand the argument. In regards to Holloman just how highly recruited is he ? Any chance he plays football?
Mennesota was referring to Holloman not being a good shooter but said Holmgren. I think.
Holloman is a top 70ish recruit in the country for basketball. Lots of offers for football. I don’t think he has decided yet but what he wants to do. I have never seen him play football.

I’m a little biased being from southeast Minnesota but I’m of the opinion of preferring Eli King to Holloman Willie Wilson of North I think is similar to Holloman but quicker and has more upside His shooting is a work in progress as well.

They played Wayzata in the State championship last night. Wayzata won with ease.

I am talking about Holloman, the kid from CDH.

Holmgren's biggest problem is his featherweight body. He was getting moved away from the basket by Alex, but he could just reach over them. That won't happen in D1 ball. He reminds me of Kevin McHale coming out of Hibbing. Skinny as a rail as a UMN. freshman. Barrel chested and strong by his senior year. Holmgren needs a strength coach.

Holloman is a playmaker who can run a team and plays great defense. Would think others would love to play with him. People suggest if you get him, there are others that would follow.

Holmgren's biggest problem is his featherweight body. He was getting moved away from the basket by Alex, but he could just reach over them. That won't happen in D1 ball. He reminds me of Kevin McHale coming out of Hibbing. Skinny as a rail as a UMN. freshman. Barrel chested and strong by his senior year. Holmgren needs a strength coach.
Chets been with a strength coach and specialized diet for awhile. He will add weight at some point, but his body won’t let him. I listened to a podcast interview over a year ago about him talking about it.

Chets been with a strength coach and specialized diet for awhile. He will add weight at some point, but his body won’t let him. I listened to a podcast interview over a year ago about him talking about it.
Understood. McHale needed those four years at UMN to grow his body. Holmgren may need the same. Great skill set, just needs his man muscles to kick in.

Understood. McHale needed those four years at UMN to grow his body. Holmgren may need the same. Great skill set, just needs his man muscles to kick in.
Most what I have found is McHale played at 210.

You said Holmgren was a bad 3pt shooter and airballed one. Post 196 of this thread.

Top Bottom