After Friday's 13-10 win at Nebraska, Kirk Ferentz was still upset about the invalid fair catch call on Cooper DeJean after replay (Oct. 21 vs. MN)

My Hawk brother-in-law brought it up to Mrs. Billd during her Thanksgiving call to her brother. She listened politely as I chanted "We Got The Pig" silently in the background.

Really though...complaining about going 10-2 instead of 11-1 to a Gopher relative...when you will be absolutely destroyed by either Michigan or OH-IO State in a week? Typical Hawk...
He's just another one of the multitude of "unfair catch", fair catch deniers who wear black and gold. They will take it with them to their graves. And that is the way it is with the stinking H-anons. (Hawk-anons are them) Consider them to have been "fairly caught" by the refs AND the replay booth!

;0)

Last edited:

If I was Iowa coach or an Iowa fan, that fair catch call would make my skin crawl, too.

In fact if the roles were reversed, I think there's little doubt that Gopher fans would be disgusted.

It was a rinky-dink call, in all honesty. Not that I mind being on the beneficial end of a rinky-dink call once in a while. We've had enough go against us, after all.

It still rankles me that an obvious no-catch was ruled a completion in a Vikings loss to the Houston Oilers in (I think) 1986.

If I was Iowa coach or an Iowa fan, that fair catch call would make my skin crawl, too.

In fact if the roles were reversed, I think there's little doubt that Gopher fans would be disgusted.

It was a rinky-dink call, in all honesty. Not that I mind being on the beneficial end of a rinky-dink call once in a while. We've had enough go against us, after all.

It still rankles me that an obvious no-catch was ruled a completion in a Vikings loss to the Houston Oilers in (I think) 1986.
I think there's a difference between hating the call or the rule and just not even understanding what was called. Iowa fans are still arguing that "it wasn't a fair catch". Duh, we all know that. It was never called a fair catch.

What fair catch call? There was no fair catch called on the play.

Top Bottom