Adam Kisaayi Commits to Gophers! (UPDATED 7/13: Adam De-Commits from Gophers)

Yes.

Not solely and explicitly for this, but huge TV contracts mean more money for nicer stuff and can also pay for things private donors used to pay for, leaving that donor money earmarked for players in the NIL system.

Instead of passing the hat for the practice facility or Athlete's Village the U can spend the TV lucre on such things and pass the hat for "Dinkytown Athletes"
That Big 10 money is used to support the other non-revenue sports. That’s why you still need donor money which the gophers have very very little of

I don't care what you say. but this committing, decommitting BS has got to end or level out at some point. The bottom line is that this is now big business and the matter of commitment needs to mean something more.

As has been stated, this is further proof that the staff both knows what they're doing and have the ability to get kids who we wouldn't have typically had a snowball's chance at in the past seriously consider playing here to the point of committing. For all of his shtick that some people dislike, PJ is quietly building something special here.

As has been stated, this is further proof that the staff both knows what they're doing and have the ability to get kids who we wouldn't have typically had a snowball's chance at in the past seriously consider playing here to the point of committing. For all of his shtick that some people dislike, PJ is quietly building something special here.
Great things are ahead for Gopher Football fans.

I don't care what you say. but this committing, decommitting BS has got to end or level out at some point. The bottom line is that this is now big business and the matter of commitment needs to mean something more.
Good lord, relax.
A 17 year old football player changed his mind. He probably has that right. As did the Gopher players who decommitted and then committed to Fleck and the U.

What now? With Kisaayi decommitting and Gilmore opting for Oklahoma, will they go after players still in the transfer portal like Kevonte Henry and Demon Clowny?

What now? With Kisaayi decommitting and Gilmore opting for Oklahoma, will they go after players still in the transfer portal like Kevonte Henry and Demon Clowny?

My guess would be the spot is now open for another recruit they might have had on hold. Or with and already large class they may just elect to not fill the spot now and just let things play out.

They would need a scholarship available now. Kisayi was occupying a scholarship that would be open for next year.

My guess would be the spot is now open for another recruit they might have had on hold. Or with and already large class they may just elect to not fill the spot now and just let things play out.
We have not heard a lot from Junior College players lately. I wonder if the Transfer Portal changed all that.

Good lord, relax.
A 17 year old football player changed his mind. He probably has that right. As did the Gopher players who decommitted and then committed to Fleck and the U.
That info is not lost on me, I am relaxed... It's ok that I find it a little frustrating at times, as do others. (y)

We have not heard a lot from Junior College players lately. I wonder if the Transfer Portal changed all that.
The portal seems to have crushed JC recruiting. At least for us it has. I am sure some JC guys still find homes but it is probably much harder for them in the portal era.

The portal seems to have crushed JC recruiting. At least for us it has. I am sure some JC guys still find homes but it is probably much harder for them in the portal era.
If some coach is willing to sort through the JC heap pile, they may find a gem. ;)

It could be a surprise over the Transfer Portal crumbs.

I think the Gophs have to pull a Michael Scott like when Stanley was getting poached to go to Utica. Fleck should call Dabo, tell him if he takes Kissayi from us, we'll take Sammy Brown from them. And then before he hangs up ask him if he could send us Sammy's phone number.

If some coach is willing to sort through the JC heap pile, they may find a gem. ;)

It could be a surprise over the Transfer Portal crumbs.
I was never a big fan of JC recruiting. Always seemed like the guys were really hit and miss. You could find a gem (De'Vondre Campbell would be a prime example) but you could also easily get stuck with a bust.

With the transfer portal you don't need to take a risk on JC guys because you can find mainstream players readily available. Guys typically end up in JC for a reason so they tend to be more high risk in general.

Read a brief write up on Clemson fan site. Kissayi claimed that Clemson was his top choice forever. Also notes that his mother lives in South Caolina.

How is Clowney’s first named pronounced? I’m assuming a short “e,” but who knows. Is Wake Forest in the hunt?

I was never a big fan of JC recruiting. Always seemed like the guys were really hit and miss. You could find a gem (De'Vondre Campbell would be a prime example) but you could also easily get stuck with a bust.

With the transfer portal you don't need to take a risk on JC guys because you can find mainstream players readily available. Guys typically end up in JC for a reason so they tend to be more high risk in general.
You got a point there. The Gophers get mature, battle-tested ready-to-go players.

I think the Gophs have to pull a Michael Scott like when Stanley was getting poached to go to Utica. Fleck should call Dabo, tell him if he takes Kissayi from us, we'll take Sammy Brown from them. And then before he hangs up ask him if he could send us Sammy's phone number.
Do you really think that a coach who has been repeatedly in the final four would tremble in his boots if a coach who has not even won the weak West in the BIG threatens him?

Do you really think that a coach who has been repeatedly in the final four would tremble in his boots if a coach who has not even won the weak West in the BIG threatens him?

You make a good point and I have thought about it and maybe my idea wasn't a very good one.

You make a good point and I have thought about it and maybe my idea wasn't a very good one.
I thought it was funny. Plato can also be a giant knob. Letting trolls play in our backyard is the cost of a free message board, I guess.

Top Bottom