2024 MN High School Basketball State Tournaments

One should make a video of the way Cherry passes the ball and market it to every level of basketball.
They basically have 5 interchangeable guards/wings and no post up offense. All 5 are super talented, could be the leading scorer on any number of teams. That there best and most SR player is very unselfish rubs off on the entire team.

I am not sure it’s any specific design except to push the ball and in the half court to drive and kick for three. Your just watching some very talented players.

Fertile-Beltrami & West Central Area going to 3rd OT (tied at 67) for right to play Cherry in 1A
Fertile-Beltrami 84-75 win

Last edited:

Fertile-Beltrami & West Central Area going to 3rd OT (tied at 67) for right to play Cherry in 1A
Fertile-Beltrami 84-75 win
When I turned that game on it was 33-24 in the 2nd half with 12 minutes to play and FB leading. After that, both teams started hitting shots. FB had their best player foul out with about 2 minutes left in regulation and I thought WCA was going to win, but then FB dug deep and found a way to win It turned out to be the game of the tournament so far.

State Tournament Update - Friday, March 22

Class A Semi-finals:
Cherry 76, Nevis 58
Fertile-Beltrami 84, West Central Area 75 - (3 ot)

Class 2A Semi-Finals:
Breck 70, Minnehaha Academy 45
Lake City 69, Albany 59

------
Schedule for Saturday, March 23

Class A
Championship: Cherry vs Fertile-Beltrami (11am @ Williams)
3rd Place: Nevis vs West Central Area (10am @ CSP)

Class 3A
Championship: Totino-Grace vs Mankato East (1pm @ Williams)
3rd Place: DeLaSalle vs Alexandria (Noon @ CSP)

Class 2A
Championship: Breck vs Lake City (5pm @ Williams)
3rd Place: Minnehaha Academy vs Albany (2pm @ CSP)

Class 4A
Championship: Wayzata vs Minnetonka (8pm @ Williams)
3rd Place: Cretin-Derham Hall vs Eagan (4pm @ CSP)

(I hope I'm wrong, but I could see all 4 Title games being fairly one-sided.)

Some some clever young graphic designer recognize the coolness of the Red owl label, bought the copyrights and has sold lot of hats t-shirts and coffee mugs to the hip young crowd.

Another million dollar idea I had!

First muffin tops and now this 🤬

Last edited:

Dave Lee saying ahhh - sum-wah. Is that how that name is pronounced? I have no idea

Watch this next game with Frietag and Breck to see the difference between Frietag and Asuma. Frietag is more of a score first point guard who uses his teammates. Asuma is a silent assassin who has incredible court vision. I look forward to seeing the two square off in college. I think we got the better teammate.

First time I can remember seeing the starting line ups not running through the player tunnel to mid court?

Caiden Swenby is going to be a steal for MN Crookston. Noah Sundquist also showed very well. Cherry might be the best 1A team I can recall in a long time. Their patience and team philosophy is impressive

Watch this next game with Frietag and Breck to see the difference between Frietag and Asuma. Frietag is more of a score first point guard who uses his teammates. Asuma is a silent assassin who has incredible court vision. I look forward to seeing the two square off in college. I think we got the better teammate.
Glad we got him. But I do want the better player too. This player going to Miami from Totino is better than either of them.

He has a perfect point guard mentality. Let the others get points and just keep finding them with assists.
Agreed but think it would help if we could find another Junior PG to backup Hawkins this yearh in the portal, so Asuma can start with 5-15 min/game developing. Then the PG would be a Senior for Asuma's Sophomore year and then Asuma can take full reigns Junior and Senior years. Be a great setup for CBJ to establish a development of PG to help recruiting/transfers etc.

McAndrew is a stud, too bad there wasn’t more interest on either side.

Stefonowicz for Minnetonka is a really nice player too. Committed to NDSU.

The Refs in this Wayzata/Minnetonka game are letting them play. It's turning into a rugby match both ways. Yikes.

Top Bottom