2023 MN High School Football season

23-0

"Well, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time." -"Smooth" Jimmy Apollo

I guess STA really should be in 5A! Can’t even beat an out state team? :sneaky:

Fine. It will be Chan or Andover winning the title. Both should be in 6A instead of Hopkins and Burnsville.

STA with the late 1st half push -- 23-15

Just giving you sh!t......I just chuckle when it comes to really bold predictions .

30-23 STA. Late 3rd quarter. Alex driving. Entertaining stuff.

The HS coaches feel that the youth coaches are morons and basically have said, somewhat paraphrasing here, "forget what you learned in youth sports, how good you did, where you played. Those coaches didn't know shit".
This was the mid-70's but I recall my HS coach (who I have little respect for) bitching about one thing that youth coaches taught. It was about how DE's were supposed to take two steps across the line and "box" the play in. I'm sure that he was right in this instance because it creates a perfect lane for off-tackle plays, which a lot of high school teams run. I also never saw a coach who was able to coach O-line line until HS, and that was at a very low level. In many ways I think that I might agree with the HS coach's opinions, but hey, those guys are volunteering and largely really good guys.

In South Dakota, Public Television broadcasts state high school athletics and fine arts competition. Imagine that - public broadcasting providing a public service. Perhaps TPT could learn a lesson.
Yeah, I’m that would be a riveting broadcast….

MSHSL State FB Semi-Finals - Friday, Nov 17

2A:
Barnesville 38, Jackson County Central 23
Eden Valley-Watkins 42, Cannon Falls 24

4A: Hutchinson 56, North Branch 28

5A: St. Thomas Academy 42, Alexandria 30

6A: Edina 28, Eden Prairie 7

---------
Semi-Final Schedule for Saturday, Nov 18

1A:
Springfield vs Mahnomen-Waubun - 9am
Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa vs Minneota - 11:30am

3A:
Stewartville vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton - 2pm
Dassel-Cokato vs Annandale - 4:30pm

5A: Chanhassen vs Andover - 7pm

----- --------
Prep Bowl Schedule:

Friday, Nov 24
1A - TBD - 10am
2A - Barnesville vs Eden Valley-Watkins -1pm
4A - Rocori vs Hutchinson - 4pm
6A - Centennial vs Edina - 7pm

Saturday, Nov 25
9pl - Kingsland vs Nevis - 10am
3A - TBD - 1pm
5A - St. Thomas Academy vs TBD - 4pm

MSHSL State FB Semi-Finals - Friday, Nov 17

2A:
Barnesville 38, Jackson County Central 23
Eden Valley-Watkins 42, Cannon Falls 24

4A: Hutchinson 56, North Branch 28

5A: St. Thomas Academy 42, Alexandria 30

6A: Edina 28, Eden Prairie 7

---------
Semi-Final Schedule for Saturday, Nov 18

1A:
Springfield vs Mahnomen-Waubun - 9am
Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa vs Minneota - 11:30am

3A:
Stewartville vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton - 2pm
Dassel-Cokato vs Annandale - 4:30pm

5A: Chanhassen vs Andover - 7pm

----- --------
Prep Bowl Schedule:

Friday, Nov 24
1A - TBD - 10am
2A - Barnesville vs Eden Valley-Watkins -1pm
4A - Rocori vs Hutchinson - 4pm
6A - Centennial vs Edina - 7pm

Saturday, Nov 25
9pl - Kingsland vs Nevis - 10am
3A - TBD - 1pm
5A - St. Thomas Academy vs TBD - 4pm
Dassel-Cokato and Annandale are in different sections?

QB for Edina is quite good and their defense was stellar.

Should be a good title game with two teams that haven’t been there in nearly 40 years.

QB for Edina is quite good and their defense was stellar.

Should be a good title game with two teams that haven’t been there in nearly 40 years.
There have since 2018 9 different teams have a state title game appearance

I like the parity at the top.
Wish there was more at the bottom

@Gophergrandpa no it will be Chan. They will win it all, then should get promoted to 6A. Community wise, they're the same thing as EP. Just the next exit down 212 or a couple more stoplights on 5.

Whoaaa! Edina???

But with post after post after post, ad nauseam, about how big and dominate EP's lines are??

How did they do it??? 62 stack monster??

Edina is actually a bigger high school now than EP, at least on the MSHSL's enrollment list. And lord knows they have all the money in the world. If you want a new construction home in the $1-2M range (or more), Edina is the place.

The following sentence. That's usually why sentences are grouped together.

Whoaaa! Edina???

But with post after post after post, ad nauseam, about how big and dominate EP's lines are??

How did they do it??? 62 stack monster??

Edina is actually a bigger high school now than EP, at least on the MSHSL's enrollment list. And lord knows they have all the money in the world. If you want a new construction home in the $1-2M range (or more), Edina is the place.
I went to the game expecting EP to dominate, as I expressed in multiple GH posts. EP didn't show up but Edina sure as hell did. Their coach had a good game plan. No mistakes on Special Teams. They didn't make any with all of their kickoffs lobbed to the sidelines inbounds around the 30. They played for the most part a very impressive 6-2 defense loading the box reducing the impact of EP's OL and run game. They put pressure on EP's QB in the bootleg pass game. The Edina offense initially attacked EP's edges, opening up their base defense, and then went for the bomb with a QB that could the the rock 50+ yards. That in turn opened up their RB who ran for nearly 200 yards where EP's DE's couldn't or wouldn't hold the edge. EP had no answer, even after halftime when Coach Grant usually makes adjustments. The game was essentially over midway in the 3rd quarter. So Kudos to the young men of Edina. Good luck in your Championship game next Friday.

6A level seems down this year to me. Centennial and Edina are clicking at the right time but neither team seems that strong compared to the last 2-3 year’s Championship games.

Seems to be some parallels between EP and what people don’t like about the Gophers. Stop the running game and the offense sputters. Throw a diversified offense at them and the defense sputters.

@Gophergrandpa no it will be Chan. They will win it all, then should get promoted to 6A. Community wise, they're the same thing as EP. Just the next exit down 212 or a couple more stoplights on 5.
I’m fine if it is Chan. Both Andover and Chanhassen appear to be suburban powerhouses. Know all about the city. I’ll be pulling for STA and phenom RB Savion Hart; STA will be the underdog, I’m sure. Should be a good final.

Top Bottom