2023-2024 College Football Coaches Hired/Fired Thread

It will be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the staff. I recall that it was initially thought that the other assistant coaches would be purged after the season since they were mostly a part of Fitz's "tainted" staff. Wonder if that's still in the works?
I would be surprised if any of Fitzgerald's staff is retained.

I would be surprised if any of Fitzgerald's staff is retained.
Me too, but the original thought was that Braun was a caretaker who would be swept out with the rest of the staff after a 1 or 2 win season. Now they are bowling and being credited with one of the great coaching jobs in recent memory. That's the whole staff that kept that team together, not just Braun.

Add Smith to the pile?

Beavers HC Jonathan Smith, asked if his agent is talking to other schools: "He better be, I mean, that's his job. To let me know what's out there. Otherwise why am I paying him so much? I mean, you're talking about a couple million so far. Its an agent's job to let you know what the offers are."

Not sure of the relevant time:

Add Smith to the pile?

Beavers HC Jonathan Smith, asked if his agent is talking to other schools: "He better be, I mean, that's his job. To let me know what's out there. Otherwise why am I paying him so much? I mean, you're talking about a couple million so far. Its an agent's job to let you know what the offers are."

Not sure of the relevant time:

Has the Beavers in the top 15 and about to be in a much less lucrative situation, would be shocked if he doesn't get poached this off season.

Do people not realize that it is a purposeful strategy of people with few followers to throw out a bald faced lie, not knowing any actual thing, that is really shocking in the hopes that it will just happen to end up being right and then people will be like "OMG that guy knew!!" and gain a bunch of followers??

Sheep

That's literally how Flug made being a Twitter poster into a career, from literally not knowing a single person in any actual position of power.

Baaaaa

Last edited:

@MaxyJR1 I mean yeah, Coyle hired Babers over Fleck at Syracuse. So we know he likes the guy, or did back then at least.

Maybe he is a the answer at OC? If he's willing.

Take the $600k that Harbaugh and Simon each make, and give it to Babers. Let him hire any ol Joe Schmoe to coach WR's. Could do a thing like how they just hired DeLattiboudere to coach DL and that group has had a great year. $1M to Babers, and $200k to newbie WR coach who played the position in P5.

And Simon should realize that leaving Papa Fleck is the only way he will ever get to be the OC of a team.

Is Chip Kelly still about to be fired, even though they just went to Coliseum and beat USC?

Looks like Oregon State's Jonathan Smith is heading for Michigan State. That would answer the question of where Smith is going, what MSU is going to do, and close out the (very fringe) possibility of Fleck going to MSU.

I feel bad for Oregon State. Another rodent-themed underdog finally gets good and loses their conference and coach. I think their coach would be staying (it's his alma mater) if there was a Pac-12 in 2024.

I’d think he could get a bigger name program. However, Mullen has some ties that adds to the speculation, he is from Pennsylvania and was a grad assistant at Syracuse.

Top Bottom