2015-16 Other Games thread

I don't understand the hatred people show for Iowa (unless it's football related, i suppose.) They've had very mediocre success since 2000 with only like 2 tourney wins in 15 years. All Iowa choking does is help pave the way for the real @$#holes, the ones from Wisconsin, to slide right up into the Top 4 (again.) Makes more sense to focus the hatred on the rival that has been dominant instead of the one that has been marginal for decades.

I don't see Iowa slipping that far down so them losing a few wouldn't help Wisconsin reach the top 4.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The refs aren't letting coach k and his dukies get away with whatever they want today. Two technicals have been called on them. Louisville on a huge run to get the lead.

Not in the Championship game against Duke, K announced at half time the WI needed to be called for more fouls and it happened.

Not in the Championship game against Duke, K announced at half time the WI needed to be called for more fouls and it happened.

That second half felt verry '02 Kings-lakers. Glad Bucky got screwed, but also annoyed that Duke won.

That being said whistles on the road in the B1G are never friendly, especially at the Kohl Center.

It rarely works to start this at the right time. If not, fast forward to 1:04.

Unreal.

I don't see Iowa slipping that far down so them losing a few wouldn't help Wisconsin reach the top 4.
Are you sure about that? Iowa still has two roadies left and a home game against Indiana. Nice choke job, Iowa. Bravo. They have the look of a team that is gonna flame out early in the tournament.

Wisconsin is going to finish in the top 4 again. We sure better hope that recruiting goes south for Wisky under Gard or it's gonna be another decade or more of their Big Ten dominance. But hey, at least they will likely never have a team like last year's again, I guess.

If anyone can't tell, I really, really, really hate Wisconsin. :D

Wisconsin is going to finish in the top 4 again. We sure better hope that recruiting goes south for Wisky under Gard or it's gonna be another decade or more of their Big Ten dominance. But hey, at least they will likely never have a team like last year's again, I guess.

If Hayes returns (and he's not going to the NBA next year), they should be very good next year. And with his Freshman class, including his best freshman out all year with an injury, Gard should have 3 good years ahead of him if he can find a point guard after Koenig. Probably more hate to come.

Are you sure about that? Iowa still has two roadies left and a home game against Indiana. Nice choke job, Iowa. Bravo. They have the look of a team that is gonna flame out early in the tournament.

Don't worry...he's only 46, so if he's really that good it's only...20 more years?

Not to mention the have the most freshmen on roster of any team in the country. Ugh. Fing Becky.

It makes no sense why they're good. They lose their coach and get better?

If Iowa is not careful it's going to play its way out of a home-state advantage in Des Moines.

Only Bo Ryan left.
When the camera shows the WI bench during a game the older fellows sitting there look like they have been part of the program since the last ice age. Pitino could use some help like that.
Did Tubby bring any assistants with him from KY besides Saul who was more of a distraction than a help?

Not to mention the have the most freshmen on roster of any team in the country. Ugh. Fing Becky.

It makes no sense why they're good. They lose their coach and get better?

Serious question and NOT trying to flame...If the statement above is true (I readily admit that I don't know much about this WI team) then why is WI able to finish in the top 4 of the Big Ten with all of these freshmen and yet we're also a young team and we, well, have been terrible all season (for the most part)? Do the WI freshman not get much playing time so the starting 5 for WI is older?

Serious question and NOT trying to flame...If the statement above is true (I readily admit that I don't know much about this WI team) then why is WI able to finish in the top 4 of the Big Ten with all of these freshmen and yet we're also a young team and we, well, have been terrible all season (for the most part)? Do the WI freshman not get much playing time so the starting 5 for WI is older?

Because Nigel Hayes and Bronson Koenig are both really good and are Jrs. Vitto Brown is also a solid Jr.

And Showalter, another junior, has played a lot of important minutes the last two seasons.

True. Ethan Happ is the only freshman who plays big minutes, and at times he can look like the best player on the court for the Badgers. Other freshman like Khalil Iverson, Charlie Thomas, and Alex Illikainen see spot minutes and play roles on this team. All in all it is a very solid freshman class for the Badgers, especially with Brevin Pritzl redshirting and Van Vliet not eligible until next season.

In a lot of ways it's a very typical Wisconsin team. You have older players with experience that continue to improve (Hayes, Koenig). There are lowly-recruited upperclassmen who have improved to the point that they are real assets (Vitto Brown did nothing at all his first two years, Showalter was a walk-on). There is a redshirt freshman who used that time to get better and is contributing (Happ). And there are young players who show flashes but aren't quite there yet (Iverson, Thomas, Illikainen). In two years people are going to be wondering where the hell Charlie Thomas came from. Development is key at Wisconsin and it works.

Hayes, Koenig, Brown, and Showalter have combined to score 68% of their team's points this year. Meanwhile, King, Buggs, and Morris have scored just 36% of the team's points. They may have a young roster overall but they are still getting good production out of their upperclassmen, something the Gophers haven't gotten much of.

Crean has his starters in with under 2 minutes left and up 28 against Illinois.

I've seen a few Utah games this year and I think I'm going to have them going pretty far in the brackets, depending on where they end up. Last night they held the Sun Devils to 10 points in the first half.

Looks like Indiana is going to at least share the Big Ten title. Unbalanced conference schedules lead to weird results

Looks like Indiana is going to at least share the Big Ten title. Unbalanced conference schedules lead to weird results

Congrats to Crean and the Hoosiers, but I can't remember a worse Big Ten regular-season champion than what Indiana would be? Hoosiers will do well to make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

Congrats to Crean and the Hoosiers, but I can't remember a worse Big Ten regular-season champion than what Indiana would be? Hoosiers will do well to make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

Totally agree. When's the last time the B1G champ was a 5/6 seed?

Hayes, Koenig, Brown, and Showalter have combined to score 68% of their team's points this year. Meanwhile, King, Buggs, and Morris have scored just 36% of the team's points. They may have a young roster overall but they are still getting good production out of their upperclassmen, something the Gophers haven't gotten much of.

That's right and next year they are all back from this year and in two years Happ, Thomas, Pritzl, Iverson, Illikanin, the kid from Belgium -- make a very solid Junior class. Maybe that's a team with only one star - Happ - but one capable for competing with anyone in the Big Ten. Things don't always play out the way its expected but Gard has things lined up for 4 successful years. I'd save some of that hate, you might need it later.

That's right and next year they are all back from this year and in two years Happ, Thomas, Pritzl, Iverson, Illikanin, the kid from Belgium -- make a very solid Junior class. Maybe that's a team with only one star - Happ - but one capable for competing with anyone in the Big Ten. Things don't always play out the way its expected but Gard has things lined up for 4 successful years. I'd save some of that hate, you might need it later.

Is this directed at me? I was simply responding to the discussion about Wisconsin having a lot of freshman this year. While that is true, they are also getting a ton of production out of their older guys and that makes a big difference.

So Texas Southern started the season going 1-11 in the non-conference schedule. They are now 15-1 in the SWAC. I know the SWAC is very bad but that is still an impressive turnaround. Former Indiana coach, Mike Davis, is their coach.

Also this happened tonight:

So Texas Southern started the season going 1-11 in the non-conference schedule. They are now 15-1 in the SWAC. I know the SWAC is very bad but that is still an impressive turnaround. Former Indiana coach, Mike Davis, is their coach.

Also this happened tonight:

If Buggs played for them, he'd be their best player.

Top Bottom