2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Laying an egg tonight. Down 42-24 with 14:30 left, shooting 19% from the field. Banham with 4 fouls.

Gophers fall 71-54. Banham 4pts on 1-8 shooting before fouling out. Zahui 7pts 4rbs before fouling out with a good 10 minutes left in the game. Rebekah Dahlman 17pts 10rbs for Vanderbilt.

Let's hope the girls re-group and have a great game today! - when your senior leader has a real off day it seemed to trickle down to the rest of her team mates.

That's what happens when you rely on the 3 and they don't fall. Wagner has to step up and be more aggressive offensively.

The game on stream the ladies had that " deer in the headlights " look as they took the floor. Banham is a great player, but she doesn't have that "fu-k you" attitude and the look Whalen laid on the opponent. The big Swede has some nasty in her and I think by the time she is a senior she will be the leader of this team. The game is to fast for Wagner right now. She'll get better.

Wagner came off the bench and led the team with career high 17 points. Gophers led winless Charleston 30-28 at halftime but pulled away for a 74-50 win.

Will play Georgia Tech tomorrow at 1:30 for 5th place. The Yellow Jackets have 2013's #2 recruit Kaela Davis.

Gophers beat Georgia Tech, a 9 seed in last year's NCAA Tournament, by a score of 72-69. (GT hit a meaningless three right at the buzzer, so no quite as close as the score would indicate) They end up finishing 2-1 in their early-season tourney, and I believe they are 6-1 on the year now.

*However, they let Georgia Tech go on an 18-2 run at one point in the 2nd half. Zahui struggled this whole tournament, Shae Kelley can't make free throws even though she gets sent to the line alot, no production from a few of our guards, etc. Still some real concerns with this team going forward, but all things considered, this was a fairly solid showing this weekend for the ladies.

Banham had 25 pts, Kelley finished with 22 pts. Bailey added 9 pts, and Wagner had an efficient 8 pts in limited minutes.

Nice win. So this was not the ACC/B1G challenge game?

AT North Carolina State
(ACC/B1G Challenge)
Day: Wednesday
Date: Dec. 3, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Coverage

TV: ESPN3....................well of course:mad:
Radio: 1500 ESPN

AT North Carolina State
(ACC/B1G Challenge)
Day: Wednesday
Date: Dec. 3, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Coverage

TV: ESPN3....................well of course:mad:
Radio: 1500 ESPN

Hey, better than BTN+

*However, they let Georgia Tech go on an 18-2 run at one point in the 2nd half. Zahui struggled this whole tournament, Shae Kelley can't make free throws even though she gets sent to the line alot, no production from a few of our guards, etc. Still some real concerns with this team going forward, but all things considered, this was a fairly solid showing this weekend for the ladies.

Imagine she gets to the basket a lot, but Kelley is shooting FT's at 58% and FG's at 56%. Good to see Banham have a good game.

If anyone is watching this game, this is how you DON'T play basketball. They've been making the men look sound turnover-wise... Go figure! Thank god for Banham and Kelley at least, right?!

I hope nobody is watching the Gopher women for the first time tonight. Badly missed shots, missed layups (Zahui, 4 times already) travels, turnovers, horrible offensive decisions, etc.

Poorly played game tonight by Minnesota, yet they still walk out with an important 60-55 win at NC State. That's encouraging for sure!

Yep...pretty sloppy. Big Swede played well in the second half for another double, double.

:)
You spoke a moment too soon! Check the final score again. ;)

Jeez, don't do that. Being a Gopher fan, my first thought was, "Crap, they lost?" 60-55 even better. :eek:

How long until we are ranked? That's 3 'Power 5' wins now if you count Memphis, correct?

Only 12 minutes for Wagner? Is Bailey and Mullaney a better option than her?

Only 12 minutes for Wagner? Is Bailey and Mullaney a better option than her?

At this point I guess so.

Wagner coming off the bench. Very short bench tonight.

I think Wagner is having a tough time adjusting to D1.(Speed, intensity and physicality)A long ways from New Richland XXXXXX.

I think Wagner is having a tough time adjusting to D1.(Speed, intensity and physicality)A long ways from New Richland XXXXXX.

Bingo. B1G level is a "little" different from high school. She will play lots when the time is right.

I think you'd run out of your daily allotment of characters you are allowed to type if you included her entire HS teams name.

Great to see the season start so strong. I am looking forward to taking my daughter to a few games.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom