2014-15 Other Bowl Games Thread

Before the last play, a friend texted "Tennessee Titan time." And then that play took it a couple of steps further.

Only a terrible play call on the 2-point attempt preserves the Gophers' record for largest blown lead in a bowl game.

Here's that play. Crazy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NovqxHrAMZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(9-3 actually) Marshall also seems to be second only to NDSU in I-AA playoff winning percentage. (23-6)

Is Fresno the first bowl team ever to finish a season with 8 losses?

Illinois is getting run off the field by LA Tech. Not unexpected, but still ... B1G represent!

If they win this game I could see a lot of people projected them ahead of Iowa for at least 4th in the west. They return 7 guys in D, 7 guys on O including all of their skill guys and QB Wes Lunt. Beckman has increased their win total every year he has been at Illinois.

21-9 now. Illinois looking better but they're still Illinois. Should have been PI on that INT return though

Illinois is going to get run off the field by a conference USA school. Not a good start to the bowl season.

Granted, they're winning the game if you don't factor in score, but we can't do that unfortunately. If they play the 2nd half as good as the first half, they can come back, but it's not likely.

Am I going to be the first one to complain about the refs? Maybe so.

Call questionable PI calls against Illinois.....yet ignore the obvious hold on the pick six.

Am I going to be the first one to complain about the refs? Maybe so.

Call questionable PI calls against Illinois.....yet ignore the obvious hold on the pick six.

I first thought it was a blatant hold but after the replay I don't think it would have mattered. The ball was well under thrown.

#17 for the Illini may be the goat - bad roughing the passer penalty and then coughing it up trying to run back the fumble recovery and giving it back to La Tech.

That fumble was the most Illinois thing that could have happened to Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewster Flashbacks! Come on Beckmon for comic relief sake; lie face down on the turf.

Let the conference bashing begin! Beat down.

Still can't believe we lost to these guys. They are terrible.

I totally get that winning a bowl game is an exciting thing for a senior on a small school team, but calm down dude. It's not a big deal.

Someone else beat me to it, but was also thinking to myself "how in the freaking world did we basically play our worst game of the season against this Illinois team?" The final score was the result of a very sloppy first half and an untimely late fumble of course. But still just shaking my head thinking back that we stunk it up against them in Champaign-Urbana. So strange.

Rutgers looking good so far. Saving face for the B1G, at least in the first half

We are at the Quick Lane Bowl now. There can't be more than 250-300 Carolina fans here. Maybe 1k Rutgers fans. Rutgers looks much better than NC.

I am not trying to put a knock on Detroit, but who will want to travel there in the month of December for a bowl game?

Having this bowl game in the new Vikings stadium I will say will be more attractive.

There is a lot more to do here for families in the Twin Cities around Christmas time.

One thing for sure - The SEC has a lopsided home field advantage over colder weather teams that have to travel down to SEC country.

Let's put a bowl game in Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC.

If there is a bowl game in the Vikings stadium, I will go.

Someone else beat me to it, but was also thinking to myself "how in the freaking world did we basically play our worst game of the season against this Illinois team?" The final score was the result of a very sloppy first half and an untimely late fumble of course. But still just shaking my head thinking back that we stunk it up against them in Champaign-Urbana. So strange.

Many of the players that day were suffering or previously had the flu. We had friends at the game that said players were tossing chow in buckets. Ever tried playing with flu? Not fun.

UNC just recovered two onside kicks in a row. Not saying they're going to come back, but it might end up much closer than it should.

I am not trying to put a knock on Detroit, but who will want to travel there in the month of December for a bowl game?

Having this bowl game in the new Vikings stadium I will say will be more attractive.

There is a lot more to do here for families in the Twin Cities around Christmas time.

One thing for sure - The SEC has a lopsided home field advantage over colder weather teams that have to travel down to SEC country.

Let's put a bowl game in Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC.

If there is a bowl game in the Vikings stadium, I will go.

I don't know how serious they are about this, but I found this on the Vikings web page about the new stadium:

What types of events will be hosted in the stadium?

The Vikings and the MSFA will maximize the use of the stadium by attracting events that create economical, fiscal and social benefits to the State and local communities, including NCAA competitions, a Super Bowl, college bowl games, concerts, civic, community and not-for-profit events. In May 2014 the first major event for the new stadium was secured when the National Football League awarded Super Bowl LII to Minnesota during the NFL’s Spring League Meetings. The announcement, which came after several rounds of voting by all 32 NFL owners, was the culmination of months of collaboration by business and c

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/faq.html

I suppose I would go to a bowl game at the Vikings stadium. As you say, it has to be a better destination that Detroit. You could tie the game in the with the Holidazzle parade.

Top Bottom