2014-15 Other Bowl Games Thread

You can't be serious.

TCU, Ohio State, Alabama, and Oregon. In that order.

Giving up 61 in a game is an automatic DQ. Solid #5, though, even with the benefit of playing a crappy, overrated Ole Miss squad with a pedestrian QB.

I'd have TCU #5. If you give up 61 points in a game, you're disqualified.

I'd say losing at home to Arizona makes you disqualified.

How about putting up 42 on the best scoring defense in the nation? How many would Baylor hang on Oregon? The questions are endless. Settle it on the field.

Giving up 61 in a game is an automatic DQ. Solid #5, though, even with the benefit of playing a crappy, overrated Ole Miss squad with a pedestrian QB.

I agree the SEC was horribly overrated this year. There was something missing with Alabama, Auburn this year and Bo Wallace is a disgrace.

Oregon is overrated. Elite teams don't lose at home and struggle to win on the road at bottom feeders like WSU. We can draw no conclusions from Oregon's victory over an even more overrated FSU team.

Final AP & Coaches Top 10 should be fairly easy to guess?

1-2. Title game winner/loser
3. Alabama
4. TCU
5. Michigan State
6. Baylor
7. Florida State
8. Georgia Tech
9. Georgia
10. Kansas State/UCLA winner

Final AP & Coaches Top 10 should be fairly easy to guess?

1-2. Title game winner/loser
3. Alabama
4. TCU
5. Michigan State
6. Baylor
7. Florida State
8. Georgia Tech
9. Georgia
10. Kansas State/UCLA winner

Well if we were as last year and still doing the BCS.....Alabama and Florida State would be playing for the championship.

It will be the Big Ten and the Big XII for the National Title, as it should be in the Real Rose Bowl.:cheer:

Is it even possible that tOSU's quarterbacks got better as they went down the depth chart? Look at their last two offensive performances against Becky and Bama with Jones under center...they're obscene, and the stage, or stakes, couldn't have been bigger.

I've never been so happy about sports when it didn't involved my team since the 2007 patriots went down. Except now it's an entire conference crashing into a wall and burning. It's fabulous.

Houston, with ex-Mason Assistant David Gibbs as interim head coach just scored 29 point in the 4th Quarter. That was capped by going for 2 and getting it to take a 35-34 lead. 17 seconds to go.

Houston, with ex-Mason Assistant David Gibbs as interim head coach just scored 29 point in the 4th Quarter. That was capped by going for 2 and getting it to take a 35-34 lead. 17 seconds to go.

Crazy. The best finish of the bowl season. Houston was down 34-13 with 6:14 to play, scored a TD with 3:41 to go, recovered the onside, scored a TD with 1:58 to go, recovered another onside, scored another TD with 0:59 to go and tacked on the 2pt to take the lead 35-34.

I agree the SEC was horribly overrated this year. There was something missing with Alabama, Auburn this year and Bo Wallace is a disgrace.

Oregon is overrated. Elite teams don't lose at home and struggle to win on the road at bottom feeders like WSU. We can draw no conclusions from Oregon's victory over an even more overrated FSU team.

The beauty is the playoff is we don't have to try to draw conclusions of it, because Oregon still has to play the best of the best win they take on the winner of OSU/Alabama (OSU). If they beat OSU, I think there is no arguing that Oregon isn't the best team in the country.

The beauty is the playoff is we don't have to try to draw conclusions of it, because Oregon still has to play the best of the best win they take on the winner of OSU/Alabama (OSU). If they beat OSU, I think there is no arguing that Oregon isn't the best team in the country.

Unless you think TCU deserved a chance to prove it in the playoff. That seems like a legitimate argument (one that could be argued from either side, by the way).

Crazy. The best finish of the bowl season. Houston was down 34-13 with 6:14 to play, scored a TD with 3:41 to go, recovered the onside, scored a TD with 1:58 to go, recovered another onside, scored another TD with 0:59 to go and tacked on the 2pt to take the lead 35-34.

No kidding. On the 2nd onside recovery, a Pitt player fell on the ball before it went ten yards but the ball popped away. Then, in the last 20 seconds or so, a Pitt Wideout dropped a pass that would have easily put them in FG position to win it.

Pretty bad game but with a GREAT 6 minutes!

Unless you think TCU deserved a chance to prove it in the playoff. That seems like a legitimate argument (one that could be argued from either side, by the way).

True. The question then could/should have been did Florida State deserve to be in there. The answer from most people was "of course. They were an undefeated Power 5" school. Well then tOSU won 12 games and TCU and Baylor won 11. The math for both arguments works.

Pathetic collapse for Pitt I bet Narduzzi won't have to think real hard about whether or not he wants to keep many of the current assistants around.

I agree, especially given their bowl performance. However, one interesting thing to note is that if the Big 12 had a title game, TCU most likely would not have even played in it. Presumably, they would have been in the same division as Baylor, finished tied, and then Baylor would have played in the championship game by virtue of the head to head win.

Ridiculous- I despise Oregon but that's utter hogwash. Oregon's early problems were after losing their top 3 tackles and bring forced to start a walk on and a freshman for those games- with no real backups for rest. Once they got one of the three injured back they've destroyed everyone in their path. They'd hang 80 on Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa player just tried to pass the ball forward, on a kickoff return, as he stepped out of bounds at the 3 yard line. Do they even know how to play football down there?

Well, at least we weren't the biggest **** show in the big ten in 2015.

Any discussions about whether the Big Ten East or Big Ten West is stronger are being laid to rest this bowl season. There's a gap, but I think the West can close it over time.

I'm starting to feel better about our loss as I'm watching this Iowa game. Talk about regressing. This game is brutal to watch.

Does Iowa have any fans at this game or did they all just leave after the 1st quarter.

Top Bottom