2 Keys to Win v Michigan

Gopherchase

Reaction score
45 has to play and play to his ability and we need to win the turnover battle by 3. If those two things don’t happen we have no chance.

If Michigan honored Gerald Ford, a former Michigan football great, by vacating his position for this one game. He played center, linebacker and long snapper.

Actually, imagine if the Gophers rammed the ball down the field and controlled the clock with the two headed monster RBs. Probably won't happen, not against this Michigan team.

If they could earn multiple passing TDs, great, but not likely. Have to keep the Michigan scoring down first.

The #1 key is to win, and #2 is to not lose. Pretty easy when put in those terms.

I have never been more sure of anything in my life than the fact that we will lose this game, and lose big. This Michigan squad is the best team we've played in many years, likely at least since 2014 OSU, and possibly even longer than that. The current spreads I've seen of -19.5 or -20 are kind of a joke, honestly. We've almost never had even a mediocre offense in the Fleck era, but since 2019 we could usually count on a pretty salty defense. Now, this season, we've forgotten how to do that as well. Unless Michigan gets bored and wants to play with their food (us) for a while, I'd consider it a moral victory if we keep it within 40.

Call me crazy but I just think there’s something in the air about this game….

Last edited:

I wish food poisoning, and dehydration from the sh!ts on the entire Michigan roster and coaching staff. A raging case of Norwalk virus please for Michigan 2023 football roster. Just like the Jug story. Voodoo raging sh!ts for entire Michigan roster.

I count 21 Michigan players getting over $100,000 each for NIL valuation. Five are over $400,000 each.

Oh wow their running back is worth a million.

Thanks for this site. Interesting comparisons.

I count 21 Michigan players getting over $100,000 each for NIL valuation. Five are over $400,000 each.

Oh wow their running back is worth a million.
Can we please stop posting a thing that’s not actually a thing? This is all made up and just being “at” Michigan makes your value go up.

While the algorithm includes deal data, it does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals athletes have completed to date, nor does it set an athlete’s NIL valuation for their entire career. The On3 NIL Valuation calculates the optimized NIL opportunity for athletes relative to the overall NIL market and projects out to as long as 12 months into the future.

• Performance: Performance is determined by how the athlete performs on the field. Big games against key opponents, becoming nationally ranked and winning national awards will have the most impact on an athlete’s valuation. Participation in college sports is weighted heavier in most cases than those that participate at the high school level.
  • Influence: Influence is determined by the athlete’s own social media authority. Social media followers, reach and engagement are the primary factors that determine influence.
  • Exposure: Exposure is determined by several factors including whether the athlete is in high school or college, which school the athlete attends and their position. Athletes that attend universities with a larger fan base and media attention are likely to see a positive impact on valuation. Athletes who play a position with higher visibility (ie. quarterback vs. center) are likely to see a higher valuation.

I have never been more sure of anything in my life than the fact that we will lose this game, and lose big. This Michigan squad is the best team we've played in many years, likely at least since 2014 OSU, and possibly even longer than that. The current spreads I've seen of -19.5 or -20 are kind of a joke, honestly. We've almost never had even a mediocre offense in the Fleck era, but since 2019 we could usually count on a pretty salty defense. Now, this season, we've forgotten how to do that as well. Unless Michigan gets bored and wants to play with their food (us) for a while, I'd consider it a moral victory if we keep it within 40.
How are you defining mediocre, because we've been in the top half of the big ten in offense for half of PJ's six seasons. I have no doubt that we are capable of losing by 30+, but I'm always weary of people thinking that point spreads set by people who do that for a living (and are damn good at it) are "a joke".

Michigan hasn't beaten a team by 40 this year. It's probably more of a 38-10 type game IMO. We will see though.

In all likelihood we lose this game but in a lot of ways it is a no lose situation for the Gophers. If you lose to the #2 team in the country it is expected. If you beat them it is a massive upset.

To win we will need to play flawless football and capitalize on any mistakes Michigan makes. It's a longshot but we have all seen games that shouldn't be close go down to the wire and upsets happen.

Technically that's not true. The team averaged 34.1 points per game in 2019. That was 3rd in the Big Ten and 22nd in the country. The Gophers also led the Big Ten in passing yards per attempt (10.2) . We had uncharacteristically superior passing game that season but it didn't last.

We had an uncharacteristically bad defense in the following pandemic short year: gave up 30.1 points and 416 yards per game. There were five conference teams that actually gave up more points per game. The defense did improve as the season progressed. The Gophers gave up an average of 47 points per game in the first two games.

This is the toughest opponent Minnesota has faced since …

2015 @ OH State

To win we will need to play flawless football and capitalize on any mistakes Michigan makes. It's a longshot but we have all seen games that shouldn't be close go down to the wire and upsets happen.

Not complaining but I haven't seen that kind of upset, or even near upset, from a Fleck team (don't see them from many other teams either). The victories over Penn State and Auburn in 2019 don't count. That team finished the season ranked 10th in the AP.

Not complaining but I haven't seen that kind of upset, or even near upset, from a Fleck team (don't see them from many other teams either). The victories over Penn State and Auburn in 2019 don't count. That team finished the season ranked 10th in the AP.
I mean yeah.....top ranked teams rarely lose to unranked teams......Fleck's 2021 team was hanging with Ohio State prior to Mo going down with his season ending injury.

Anyone expecting us to beat a Michigan team with a legit shot of contending for the National Title this year is setting themselves up for disappointment.....but upsets do happen.

1. A miracle
2. See #1

Miracles do happen occasionally.

what is wrong with Lindenberg?? When will he be back?

Athan needs to take care of the ball.

I wish food poisoning, and dehydration from the sh!ts on the entire Michigan roster and coaching staff. A raging case of Norwalk virus please for Michigan 2023 football roster. Just like the Jug story. Voodoo raging sh!ts for entire Michigan roster.
In any event, we will most likely be shat upon.

Top Bottom