12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious to see what kind of names pop up now. We have one, possibly 2 or 3 scholarships still to fill in this class. I'm sure most of the names we begin to hear will be jucos.

This one hurt about as much as the Tyus decision. If Reid wouldn't have led us on for so long, all 3 of these decisions would have barely lifted the needle for me. Excited for the guys we got in the fold right now, particularly Josh Martin because of his beasting and the fact we need a PF more than anything right now.

It was clear for a while his main goal was to be a 1 and done guy and get to the NBA ASAP. No shock on the top 5.

I also would love to play any of the big 3 next year. It would probably have to be in the tournament though.

Macura the one we'll look back on because he was gettable

I feel better knowing that Rashad is "blessed"!

Would have been nice to land one of the Big 3, but it was never an expectation of mine of the new staff. Am more disappointed the Gophers didn't get Macura; he was gettable, and we didn't close the deal. I think he's gonna' be a very nice 4-year player @ Xavier, one we'll regret we whiffed on.

Really wanted Vaughn when the Gophers started recruiting him but as the process went on I became fine with him going elsewhere just because of something associated with him like his so called "mentor" and what that could end up bringing to whatever school he ends up at a couple years after he is gone. I think Vaughn will be a very good college player but in the end I think we may end up better off without him.

Not the end of the world. Congrats to him. I hope he has a great career wherever he lands, except if we should end up playing against his team I guess.

The only one of the Big 3 I was disappointed about was Travis. The other two - not so much.

Oh well time to move on and finish this year strong. Let's start to focus heavily on the 2015 kids.

Disappointed we didn't make the top five, but it'd been pretty clear for a while he wasn't ending up here. As per usual, I wish him no success in his basketball career, and hope that whatever team he ends up endures near constant disappointment in their basketballing hopes and dreams. However, I will say, and of course, this sounds very sour grapes, and perhaps it is, but I'm secretly a bit relieved. I'd rather fail attempting to succeed the right way than to actually succeed the wrong way. Clem hurt. And whichever school gets Rashad, it's absolutely clear that they're selling their soul to get him. It's slim consolation, but if I wanted to cheer for Calipari, I'd be a Kentucky fan right now. I hope Pitino is able to craft a winning program the right way with his 2015 class.

Seems like this day was inevitable the day that he decided to transfer away from Minnesota and his "mentor" followed him. Sad to see the way the Whitehead and Vaughn situations played out at the end with questions about the people around the actual recruit.

Meh, I have moved on along time ago from this guy. Not surprising.

Even though Pitino was late to the game because of the situation, I find it embarrassing we didn't make the top 5, but Iowa St. did

Iowa State is a rising program in basketball who is currently ranked #14 in the nation. How is this embarrassing?

Iowa State is a rising program in basketball who is currently ranked #14 in the nation. How is this embarrassing?

As a big program in a big city and the only D1 school in the state, you don't expect to lose your 5-star recruits to a school in Iowa. Lose a 5-star to Duke/UNC/Kansas etc is to be expected, but not to a team in Ames, Iowa who is just starting to see a little bit of success, regardless of who the coach is.

For a guy who refers to himself as "Showtime" to choose Ames Iowa over a big market is pretty troubling if you are a Gopher fan.

Hope that explains it

Minnesota was number 8 this time last year. We all know how that story ended. December rankings are worthless.

I agree though, time for the clown fans to move on. Nothing to see here in Loserville.

As a big program in a big city and the only D1 school in the state, you don't expect to lose your 5-star recruits to a school in Iowa. Lose a 5-star to Duke/UNC/Kansas etc is to be expected, but not to a team in Ames, Iowa who is just starting to see a little bit of success, regardless of who the coach is.

For a guy who refers to himself as "Showtime" to choose Ames Iowa over a big market is pretty troubling if you are a Gopher fan.

Hope that explains it

Decently, except, showtime is the NBA, not college ball. The reason ISU is still on his list is availability to NBA resources offered by Hoiberg, especially at that position, so that once it truly is "Showtime," he is ready.

Decently, except, showtime is the NBA, not college ball. The reason ISU is still on his list is availability to NBA resources offered by Hoiberg, especially at that position, so that once it truly is "Showtime," he is ready.

Understandable, but with the talent Vaughn has, he is going to the NBA in one year regardless of where he goes. If he stayed home, he would be a giant superstar in a big city. Hoiberg is an awesome coach (I personally hope Adelman resigns and the Wolves get Hoiberg) so this Minnesota to Ames pipeline stops.

I understand your team is Iowa St. and you feel the need to defend them which is fine, but in my opinion to lose out on a hometown kid in Minneapolis to Ames is pretty bad.

I would rather Vaughn pick UNLV or Iowa State, than KY or UNC or KU. I get tired of seeing the top prospects pick the same 3 or 4 schools every year.

I would rather Vaughn pick UNLV or Iowa State, than KY or UNC or KU. I get tired of seeing the top prospects pick the same 3 or 4 schools every year.

agreed, but my god it's funny when all the "Superstars" don't gel together, like UK last year.

That was entertaining fr sure

I couldn't care less about losing out on a kid that refers to himself as "Showtime". Travis is the only one that hurt for me personally.

Rashad Vaughn is for sale. He (and his mentor) are now sorting thru the multiple offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom