12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal ball is all over the place for Vaughn on 247. We need a late push and some positive big ten results

I really hope Adelman retires from the Wolves, and Flip gives Hoiberg a deal he can't refuse to come coach the Wolves. Hoiberg coaching ISU is only going to be a huge nuisance for Gopher fans. Looks like Rashad is going to go there, Illkainen is looking at ISU, etc. Not good
While Alex did visit there I wouldn't read too much into it. I think Iowa State is after him hard but I really don't think he has much interest in them. I believe he will end up a Gopher and the only thing I would be a little worried about is if some big time programs come calling like Kansas.

Crystal ball is all over the place for Vaughn on 247. We need a late push and some positive big ten results

There will be a late push; you can count on that. Just hard to be optimistic at this point. What we have in Ames is a legitimately good team, which demonstrates Fred's coaching chops. Richard will not have had the same amount of time to prove likewise here...although signs are encouraging so far.

That's because the people who do the predictions don't know what they're talking about. Their guess is as good as ours.

I guess we'll know if we're still in the mix soon:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Final 5 list coming next week</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/411938343660699648">December 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Tweeting about the Hilton Coliseum again last night...He doesn't hide his favorite school very well.

Vaughn would thrive in Pitino's offense as much as Hoiberg's. He could step in and replace Austin Hollins from the get go. With DeAndre at point and Andre at SG he would get a ton of shots.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Final 5 list coming next week</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/411938343660699648">December 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

I thought he was well passed the final 5????

Go Gophers!!

Arizona
ISU
Kentucky
North Carolina
UNLV

I completely disagree. When Adelman is done with the Wolves after this season or next season the Wolves will go down to Ames to tell Hoiberg he's going to be the Wolves' latest NBA coach. Hoiberg will be out of Ames within one week of getting that offer. Guaranteed.

I'd like that for several reasons--think he'd do well with the Wolves, and it would also permanently shut up these ISU clowns who come to our board.

But I also would not be surprised if, when the time came, Flip Saunders the GM decides to hire ... Flip Saunders the coach.

My prediction as well. Rashad has said Minnesota will be in it until the end, we'll see if that's still the case.

If we are still in his Top 5 then we should be getting an official visit. You get 5 officials correct?

But I also would not be surprised if, when the time came, Flip Saunders the GM decides to hire ... Flip Saunders the coach.

I had this exact thought a couple days ago. It's been done before in that sometimes messed-up organization......

I didn't think so before, but now it's starting to feel like lip service and placation in order to keep the mob at bay.

I don't think Vaughn is experiencing much of any pressure from MN fans anymore. He's out of state and likely immune to the pressure he was feeling last year. So I think the mob is permanently at bay. I just hope he doesn't drag us through the mud the way Travis did. I can't take another let down like that.

I don't think Vaughn is experiencing much of any pressure from MN fans anymore. He's out of state and likely immune to the pressure he was feeling last year. So I think the mob is permanently at bay. I just hope he doesn't drag us through the mud the way Travis did. I can't take another let down like that.

I don't think Travis dragged us through the mud, he gave us serious consideration and seemed to be a difficult decisions for him to not stay home and rep. the Gophers.

I don't think Travis dragged us through the mud, he gave us serious consideration and seemed to be a difficult decisions for him to not stay home and rep. the Gophers.

I don't want to get us off topic, but I think Travis handled the last three days of his recruitment about as poorly as possible. He openly invited all Gopher fans to his press conference, and then when fans actually showed up, they were turned away because DLS school officials knew he was picking SU. In my mind, that is the definition of dragging us thru the mud.

I don't want to get us off topic, but I think Travis handled the last three days of his recruitment about as poorly as possible. He openly invited all Gopher fans to his press conference, and then when fans actually showed up, they were turned away because DLS school officials knew he was picking SU. In my mind, that is the definition of dragging us thru the mud.

In my mind, that is the definition of "changing his mind".

I don't think we'll need to worry about that this time.

He openly invited all Gopher fans to his press conference, and then when fans actually showed up, they were turned away because DLS school officials knew he was picking SU.

I thought the room was full and people that were there early enough got in...?

I thought the room was full and people that were there early enough got in...?

I thought the room was full of only students, friends, and Travis' family. I'm pretty sure no outside fans were let in.

He invited the public not Gophers fans. All top recruits do that.

He invited the public not Gophers fans. All top recruits do that.

He invited the public, then the public wasn't allowed in on decision day. He changed his mind from that invitation and his announcement. He can change his mind, but he should have rescinded his invitation as people showed up and were turned away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom