12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

I call B & S
You are probably right. It was all a big charade. Hanging out at the University countless times, shadowing classes, taking an official when he lives two blocks from the campus, planting information with family friends, never having said a bad thing about the university/its coaches/players. He really fooled me.

Sad that we can't just let an 18/19 year old make an informed decision about where he wants to attend college w/o the insinuation that he is betraying the State he just happened to grow up in.

I hope like crazy that Vaughn chooses us, but I won't blast him if he doesn't.

I guess we'll know if we're still in the mix soon:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Final 5 list coming next week</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/411938343660699648">December 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This was from 10 days ago. Anyone know if Vaughn is still alive? Getting a little nervous for his well being. :rolleyes:

This was from 10 days ago. Anyone know if Vaughn is still alive? Getting a little nervous for his well being. :rolleyes:

Rashad Vaughn ‏@ShowtimeMr 19 Dec
Lol Gone take more than that to stop me. Star tribune some clowns #clowns

Kelly Paul Oubre Jr. ‏@K_Ctmd22 20 Dec
Tune in tonight @5pm Pacific on CBS college sports , we take on a good Prime Prep team! #LetsGetThisMoney
Retweeted by Rashad Vaughn

LetsGetThisMoney? These kids are beyond annoying.

Tune in tonight @5pm Pacific on CBS college sports , we take on a good Prime Prep team! #LetsGetThisMoney

I'd prefer they speak English.

What was he upset with Star Trib about?

which, in looking at it now, makes me wonder if this will negatively impact the gophers in recruiting vaughn.

We presumably didn't have a chance before the article came out anyways. But I'm ok with that, because even though he's a good player, I don't want someone here messing with the system Pitino's laying down just because he thinks he's greater than the rest of the team.

Let's not make excuses for losing Rashad before he's gone. I didn't think the STrib article was very good journalism (everybody knows about some of these issues, but the Strib didn't bother to get any proof, and just ran with conjecture). And if Rashad goes elsewhere, I'm sure I'll probably blast him. But at this point, he's still considering the U, so he'll get my support and my benefit of the doubt as long as he's a potential Gopher.

My guess is that Vaughn's "Final 5" is going to consist of the three schools he's REALLY considering, and perhaps token mentions for Minnesota and UNLV.

It's been almost 2 weeks since Vaughn tweeted about releasing his top 5. I hope he doesn't procrastinate this much with his HW and studying. If they even have HW and tests at Findlay.

We presumably didn't have a chance before the article came out anyways. But I'm ok with that, because even though he's a good player, I don't want someone here messing with the system Pitino's laying down just because he thinks he's greater than the rest of the team.

What does this even mean? You're making an assumption about the kid because he's a highly recruited player. Pitino actively recruited multiple 5 star guys so I doubt he's worried about them 'messing' with his system. Same for all the other coaches with HS All American players

What does this even mean? You're making an assumption about the kid because he's a highly recruited player. Pitino actively recruited multiple 5 star guys so I doubt he's worried about them 'messing' with his system. Same for all the other coaches with HS All American players

I'm sure Rashad is a nice guy and all, but you'd be näive to think that he doesn't have a big ego. Look at a guy like Andre or Austin, and then compare how they go about their business with Rashad. There's a big difference.

Let's not post like jilted boyfriends until we're actually TOLD let's just be friends or that she's moved out of town.

Look at a guy like Andre or Austin, and then compare how they go about their business with Rashad. There's a big difference.

Aside from the vast difference in schools recruiting Vaughn and the schools that recruited the Hollinses, could you elaborate on the big difference you see in how they go about their business?

Rashad Vaughn ‏@ShowtimeMr 3m
Blessed to say my final 5: Kansas, UNLV, Kentucky, Iowa St, North Carolina #NoOrder

What a shocker. Gophers don't even get a token mention in his final 5.

Even though Pitino was late to the game because of the situation, I find it embarrassing we didn't make the top 5, but Iowa St. did

I'm sure Rashad is a nice guy and all, but you'd be näive to think that he doesn't have a big ego. Look at a guy like Andre or Austin, and then compare how they go about their business with Rashad. There's a big difference.

What does that have to do with him fitting in on a basketball team. I came up with some guys that at 17 and 18 had huge egos and they did very well for themselves in college. Most of these kids have big egos because they've always been 'the man'. That said being in a team setting with a bunch of other big ego'd ball players is a completely different story. Carmelo Anthony has a huge ego yet he fit right in to a Cuse team and won a championship. The kid could have an ego the size of Lake Michigan but that doesn't mean he can't be coached or fit into a team setting.

Not all that surprised. His recruitment has gotten slimier and slimier. Not a situation where we are going to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom