12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> 2014 target Rashad Vaughn had 23 pts (6-8 threes), 6 rebs and 4 asst in his Findlay Prep debut tonight.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/396858490850770944">November 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Would a Travis commit further enhance our shot at Vaughn, assuming Travis commits Friday, we will have filled our quota (yes I know we can make room for Vaughn). The way I see it, a Reid Commit would allow Pitino and co to put all of their recruiting efforts into Vaughn.

Would a Travis commit further enhance our shot at Vaughn, assuming Travis commits Friday, we will have filled our quota (yes I know we can make room for Vaughn). The way I see it, a Reid Commit would allow Pitino and co to put all of their recruiting efforts into Vaughn.

I have to think it would help at least a little bit. I'm sure Vaughn wants to go somewhere where he'll be surrounded with good players, and looking at a backcourt of Dre and Dre and a frontcourt of EE/Mo and Travis, with a gaping hole for someone to step in at wing would have to be kind of attractive. Just speculation though, he might not even care who else is on the team.

I definitely think it would help.

I have to think it would help at least a little bit. I'm sure Vaughn wants to go somewhere where he'll be surrounded with good players, and looking at a backcourt of Dre and Dre and a frontcourt of EE/Mo and Travis, with a gaping hole for someone to step in at wing would have to be kind of attractive. Just speculation though, he might not even care who else is on the team.

I think if we miss on Vaughn I still think Morris can come in and start on the wing. His games sounds similar to Austin's game. With that said would love to get Vaughn, even it's just one year

I definitely think it would help.

Totally agree MG. I would think that a Travis commitment would be a huge positive for the odds of Rashad ending up at Minnesota. As some of you pointed out, Dre, Dre & Travis along with EE & Mo (and others) would be a very good team. If Rashad joined with those guys he'd have a great guard in Hollins that doesn't have a problem with giving up the ball along with a stud PF in Travis (also doesn't shot every time he touches the ball) and good role players. He'd then get all the playing time he could handle at the 3 and in Pitino's fast paced, get shots up offense I could see Vaughn being a All B1G player as a freshmen. The pieces around Vaughn if Travis committed would fit like puzzle... A duo of experienced senior guards, two experienced big men, a Freshman stud in Travis & a whole bunch of good complementary players that won't take time away from Vaughn but will be good (NM Jr, Morris, Wally, Joey, Martin & maybe Buggs).

Let's put it this way. It cannot hurt unless they don't get along. High end players like Vaughn want to two things out of college as one or two-and-done players :develop for the NBA and win lots of games, in that order. Dre Hollins is a very good college player, Travis might be a very good PF, our centers would be solid, and our other wings players would be decent as well. If Travis is solid as a freshman and Vaughn lives up to the hype, then the Gophers would be a Sweet 16 team or better on paper. That has to be attractive, right?

Let's put it this way. It cannot hurt unless they don't get along. High end players like Vaughn want to two things out of college as one or two-and-done players :develop for the NBA and win lots of games, in that order. Dre Hollins is a very good college player, Travis might be a very good PF, our centers would be solid, and our other wings players would be decent as well. If Travis is solid as a freshman and Vaughn lives up to the hype, then the Gophers would be a Sweet 16 team or better on paper. That has to be attractive, right?
Certainly more attractive than Iowa State would be, UNLV will have a great class with or without Vaughn, same UNC, Kansas and UK

PG: Mathieu / Mason
SG: Dre / Morris / McNeil
SF: Vaughn / Wally / Buggs
PF: Reid / King / Martin
C: EE / Mo

Oto graduates and transfers.

Championship!

Less playing time at UNC, Kansas & UK though.

Lets hope he sees it that way. I think eventually Iowa State will fizzle out and it will be down to us and UNLV in the spring, just my opinion, no need for our visitors from Ames to get all butt hurt

No way Rashad goes to UK. He already cut them from his list and now they have a top 30 player at his position in this class to go along with whoever from UK doesn't enter the draft.

Tempting. Tempting. Iowa State just received a commit from Marquette transfer Jameel McKay this evening. I don't see it as having much bearing on where Vaughn goes as you always make room for a player like him somehow. Who knows, though.

Fun Fact: McKay's brother is teammates with Squirrel at Chipola JC.

Tempting. Tempting. Iowa State just received a commit from Marquette transfer Jameel McKay this evening. I don't see it as having much bearing on where Vaughn goes as you always make room for a player like him somehow. Who knows, though.

ISU picks up a transfer? Color me surprised...

STrib: 'Big Three' prep basketball standouts dazzle recruiters

This group, however, is different. Jones, Vaughn and Travis are not simply good; they are elite. All three are rated in the top 25 of the Class of 2014, according to ESPN, which ranks Jones at No. 4, Vaughn at No. 17 and Travis at No. 23. The trio has been soaking up the national limelight for years, being wooed by some of the country’s best programs in Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, to name a few.

Vaughn is more of a wild card, but he left Minnesota for Findlay Prep in Nevada before this season, putting him in the back yard of suitor UNLV.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/230752001.html

Go Gophers!!

So his final 7 is minny, unlv, isu, unc and?

Visits to UNLV, Iowa State and Baylor
According to 247 sports: Warmest at UNLV and Iowa St.
Warm at MN, Kansas and Baylor
Cool but still considering AZ and NC

Hopefully Tyus goes to Kansas because I don't see Vaughn going to Kansas if Tyus is already committed there.

Of the Big Three, the only one I had confidence in coming here was the neighborhood kid. I still think we're in fair shape with Vaughn. His spot is wide open and the supporting cast becomes quite formidable on Friday. I don't think Coach P. and staff are going to slow down on recruiting at all.

Ah yeah, that's why I said hopefully Tyus goes to Kansas.

Although we've heard about the Jones-Vaughn relationship quite a bit, I haven't heard much about Travis' relationship with either of them. You know anything about this? They played on HP together so there must be something, whether good or bad.

Of the Big Three, the only one I had confidence in coming here was the neighborhood kid. I still think we're in fair shape with Vaughn. His spot is wide open and the supporting cast becomes quite formidable on Friday. I don't think Coach P. and staff are going to slow down on recruiting at all.

No-- But I suspect that the Gophs will concentrate 98% of their efforts on the 2015 class.

I don't know much about the the three kids, but was wondering if it was ever reported why Vaughn moved to Nevada?

I always had a feeling that some booster at unlv let his family rent or buy a house for free, or gave his mom or dad a nice paying job or something. And always figured he would not consider attending the u of m after the move.

Anybody got any info on why young Mr Vaughn moved away while still in highschool?

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

I don't know much about the the three kids, but was wondering if it was ever reported why Vaughn moved to Nevada?

I always had a feeling that some booster at unlv let his family rent or buy a house for free, or gave his mom or dad a nice paying job or something. And always figured he would not consider attending the u of m after the move.

Anybody got any info on why young Mr Vaughn moved away while still in highschool?

I don't think there's much mystery. 1. Wanted to play against best competition and go somewhere where basketball is the be-all, end-all, to best prepare for NBA. 2. They gave his longtime mentor and trainer Kaffey an assistant coach job. 3. They produced the #1 pick in the NBA last year.

they claimed competition in order to prepare himself for his future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom